Night or Day

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Steven

Night or Day

Post by Steven »

Do you prefer to listen to Leonard Cohen music in the daytime or evening?
LisaLCFan

Re: Night or Day

Post by LisaLCFan »

All the time!
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

It doesn't matter whether day or night – but I prefer to do it when I'm alone, without distraction (which isn't very often during the day ;-) ). I listen a lot when I'm driving...
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hi,

Thank you LisaLCFan and imaginary friend for your responses. My preference is the evening, generally,
as that's when I more often experience the music in a denser, more palpable way.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Oh, well, if you're talking about really deeply listening to Leonard's music, then evenings are also the best for me. Definitely, the most profound experiences I've had while listening to Leonard are at the end of the day. Perhaps it is simply because the events of the day are finished, and I can focus exclusively on the music. I also find his music penetrates more deeply when it is dark outside (and thus, the lights can be dimmer inside): something about bright daylight seems to dilute the impact (it is difficult to to this in the summertime up here).

And, like imaginary friend, my best listening experiences with Leonard's music are spent alone (either that, or in an auditorium/arena with thousands of screaming fans. That's a pretty great experience, too!).

Lisa
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

LisaLCFan wrote:
And, like imaginary friend, my best listening experiences with Leonard's music are spent alone (either that, or in an auditorium/arena with thousands of screaming fans. That's a pretty great experience, too!).

Lisa
Screaming fans?????? Jeepers, LC is a 77 year old poet, a wordsmith, singer-songwriter, musician and novelist, not a flipping 18 year old member of a boy band. I do hope that I will never be present at a Leonard Cohen concert when there are thousands of screaming fans present.

Sheesh........ please :?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Vicomte,

Perhaps I got carried away with my description. I was merely trying to capture the palpable excitement some of us feel, and the exuberant audience response one hears, at a Leonard Cohen concert. I have found Leonard's concerts to be rather enjoyable experiences, the few times I was fortunate enough to be at one.

You must delight in trolling this forum, waiting for an unsuspecting member to say something cheerful out of sheer enthusiasm, only to have you pounce upon it like a rabid animal attacking its prey. I hope you're satisfied.

And, since you seem so fond of emoticons, I would love to add one, but this forum does not have one that would express what I'd like to say in closing.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Perhaps? Surely you quite clearly chose to post the words "screaming fans", after all, there are many other ways of describing what happens at an L.C concert, than saying "screaming fans". I can only post on what you did say, not what you might have said.

I find your accusation of me "delighting in trolling this forum" as quite distasteful and then going on to call me a "rabid animal", totally disgraces you. I try to keep things as straight as I can, just because I don't care to textually fall at Leonard Cohen's feet and write such banal descriptions about the man and his music, doesn't make me a troll. I see what I write as an honest reflection on what I read and I have said on other occasions, there was for whatever reason, none of this kind of bizarre somewhat immature ramblings from what I suppose are fully grown people before this last tour. I have listened to L.C since 1967 and that is the first time when discussing L.C anywhere, forum or otherwise, that someone has insulted me in such a way, so bravo to you Madam.

I don't mind seeing the ladies throwing the polka dot shirts on stage, it is fun for them I guess, although as I have also said before, I rather disliked the thought of L.C appearing at of all places, in Las Vegas, as it just didn't sit well with me, is that trolling as well, not liking a venue?

As far as I was aware, a forum is a place to discuss and make replies, by you seeing me as a troll, then if for no one else, it has at least made my wife, Vicomtesse, laugh out loud, whilst at the same time, also finding your remarks very offensive but as is often the case, disagree with a luvvie and bizarrely, venom can pour out quite easily.

I am sorry if you feel that I delight in trolling because I certainly disagree with your view on that.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Between four o clock in the afternoon and four in the morning (as long as there are no distractions).
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

So end of December, between Dress Rehearsal Rag time and Famous Blue Raincoat hour then John?
Neil from The Young Ones
hadley

Post by hadley »

In the frosty winter on a cold clear day when the sun is going down at 4pm is perfect for me. I wonder if it's a marketing decision to release all his records during the winter, at least the last 3 have been :lol:
Ultraviolet

Post by Ultraviolet »

I like the idea of writing night, but the trues is, I like he's music no matter what. Night and Day!

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”