Most Frequently Listened Album

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
somewhat_nifty

Re: Most Frequently Listened Album

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Goldin wrote:Hi,

According to my Last.fm profile, it's his debut album. Master Song hypnotised me.
Ah, Roman that is my favourite, very hypnotic! My 'most listened' is probably a toss-up between the two 'Songs of' albums. HIs early guitar songs have a haunting quality all their own.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Robert77

Post by Robert77 »

I had taken a break from Leonard for awhile but I will be back on board since I will see him in Halifax in April. I will probably listen exclusively to LC until then.I have probably listened to Ten New Songs the most out of all his albums.I will likely focus on Old Ideas for the next few months.It is a strong album though,perhaps not my favorite.
rags and feathers

Post by rags and feathers »

There's just something about his Live in London album that has me hooked. Then there's Old Ideas... delicious.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

No-one has mentioned "Songs of Love and Hate". I love the depth, the complexity, the passion, and the rawness of the lyrics and Leonard's voice. That album somehow eats into my soul. When I hear it, I am transported back to my angst-ridden 20-year old self. I love it.

It probably isn't the one that I play most these days though.... "Old Ideas" and "Songs from the Road" are my current driving companions.

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

John Etherington wrote:I haven't played the live albums too often, but the one that I got totally into was "Live Songs", which I treated almost as a studio album.
I have owned Live Songs a while but only recently listened to it properly whilst checking out the song Passing Through for various reasons.

Please Don't Pass Me By on there is awe inspiring in the true sense of those words....

I'm left wondering how many it passed by in the audience and since.

http://youtu.be/OkNVszQfsPU

Apart from giving that a spin or two, playing Ten New Songs (just because I hadn't heard it in a while and woke up with Boogie Street playing in my head one morning) and putting Old Ideas through the slot occasionally I don't currently think of playing Cohen that often.
AlexandraLaughing

Post by AlexandraLaughing »

Ten New Songs. I just listen to the whole album over and over. But sometimes I do a short version starting from By Rivers Dark.

Second is Popular Problems, and third is Old Ideas. I think I'm one of the few people who prefer LC's later work (though I don't have Dear Heather and have never heard it- I suppose I will get it some time or other).

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”