Whats your favourite Leonard Cohen's song?

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
sirpapas

Whats your favourite Leonard Cohen's song?

Post by sirpapas »

A lot of LC's songs seams to be my favourites but if i had to choose one of the it would be Lover Lover Lover! :D
Chainnech

Post by Chainnech »

:!: I think I´d have to say, at least the way I feel now, "Democracy".
It´s so hard-hitting: "Sail on, sail on, O mighty Ship of State! To the Shores of Need, past the Reefs of Greed, through the squalls of Hate"
Government of the people, by the people, and for the people? -- Must be Bolshevik propaganda!
Paula

Post by Paula »

So many songs to choose from I cannot pick just one :D
MBsky

Post by MBsky »

Waiting for a Miracle ...is my all time favorite...describes my life so well...although it's a tough pick...so may are familiar
Cohen Knight

Post by Cohen Knight »

My favorite songs have changed over time. At the moment it's Take This Longing. For obvious reasons! :wink:
John the Shorts

Post by John the Shorts »

At the moment it's "In My Secret Life" but that could change if Leonard ever covers any thing by Max Geldray 8)

JTS (Currently it's "Ain't No Cure For Love " - maybe I should switch of Media Player :?: :roll: :D )[/i]
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

It's got to be the words of Lorca set to music "Take this Waltz" or "If it be thy will"
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Georges ~

Allowing that there will most always be influences, which of Leonard's songs "strictly" written by him is your favourite?

~ Lizzytysh
George.Wright

Post by George.Wright »

Liz, it must be famous blue raincoat.....................
Georges
I am a right bad ass, dankish prince and I love my Violet to bits.
Style

Post by Style »

the 'tacoma trailor' at the end of the future album. it's sick with european melancholy.
Style
tom.d.stiller

Post by tom.d.stiller »

My favourite's always the one I'm just listening to... But apart from that the "Stranger Song" is always there, and so's the "Famous Blue Raincoat", and "It seems so long ago, Nancy", and - okay, nearly all the rest of them...

Tom
linmag

Post by linmag »

:lol: I know just how you feel, Tom. I gave up trying to name my favourite, because it always ended up as a list of about a dozen. And that was only if the self-control medicine was working really well that day :wink:
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Alouetta

Post by Alouetta »

At the moment 'Who by fire' is the one constantly in my head, but I have a soft spot for 'Famous blue raincoat'. I guess FBR is the one for me.
witty_owl

Post by witty_owl »

Having given this some thought from time to time I find it difficult to name a single favourite. I think I have to acknowledge that the songs I choose to learn and sing must be the ones that have the most enduring impact for me. By The Rivers Dark is the most recent transcription I have studied. These are the songs I play for myself or perform most frequently. Suzanne, Winter Lady, That's no Way to Say Goodbye, One of Us Cannot Be Wrong, Sisters of Mercy, Stranger Song and So Long Marrianne.

Regards Witty Owl.
orko

Post by orko »

this is a very difficult question. My favourites change all the time. At the moment they would have to be FBR, the guests, the future and chelsea hotel. Give me 5 mins and i'm sure it will change though

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”