the stranger song illustrated

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
thejanes

the stranger song illustrated

Postby thejanes » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:41 am

http://www.thejaneelliots.com/stranger.html

its a small book I made of paintings, collage, ink work, and other marks. Its based very loosely on the text - a lot was omited. But I am still proud of a couple of the pages.

Anyways, the designer/artist people seem to like it a lot - but what about the leonard cohen fans?!?!?

-Fivel of the jane elliots
peter danielsen

Postby peter danielsen » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:39 pm

Dear Jane

I've been working with analysis of this song, and believe you have captured the mood of it very well. I like the fact that the woman seem to become the stranger in the last painting, as cohen sing "it is You my love, you who are the stranger. I also feel that you've captured thesongs view of the ever changing roles of man and woman, and the feeling of alienation which is derrived from that fact.

Peter
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:47 pm

As artistic pieces of work (although I'm not necessarily qualified to judge) I like these images very much.....the Cohen connection is a bonus.

I also think that Leonard would be most appreciative.

Thanks for sharing them with us

Pete
Last edited by Pete on Sat May 01, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat May 01, 2004 7:45 am

Hi oneofthejanes ~

Welcome to the Forum 8) . Your work is very intense and interesting. I'm wondering if the title page is intended to look like it has blood stains.

Have you considered coming to the celebration Event in NYC in June, and bringing it, so that Leonard admirers from all over the world can see and appreciate your work in person? Many of the participants at the Event don't visit the Forum. [You're so close already :wink: ]

~ Lizzy
cicatriz

Postby cicatriz » Tue May 04, 2004 5:23 pm

Beautiful pictures! That's all I can say really.. We have quite the same taste, I'd say
tonyzafirakos

Re: the stranger song illustrated

Postby tonyzafirakos » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Is there any way I can see these illustrations?? I know this thread is from ages ago but I am a huge fan of this song!!

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”