Leonard's song on soundtrack

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
jec_04

Leonard's song on soundtrack

Postby jec_04 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi, everybody. It's unnecessary to say that most of Leonard Cohen songs touch and inspire me. I'm a newby filmmaker and have recently finished a short-footage which I expect to send to as many short film festivals as possible. Important: I do not expect to make money from it as it is a six minute film whose path should be only those festivals. For edition purposes I have used the song Famous Blue Raincoat and it really sounds great on the film. I know, however, that actually using he song requires permission from the author and/or the producer. Is there any chance I could obtain this permission, of course that if I happen to make any money from it, I would pay for the copyrights. Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts about it and the proceedings required to try it? Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Jec
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Leonard's song on soundtrack

Postby jarkko » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:09 pm

You have to contact your local SONY subsidiary to get some advice how to make a contract with the record company.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”