The Mystery of the LC 60's Acetate

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
B4real

The Mystery of the LC 60's Acetate

Postby B4real » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:02 am

Hi Tom or Jarkko,

This is probably one for either of you. I have just been reading - with great interest - some old posts from 2003 about the above subject. I, and those who haven't heard, would like to know what finally happened to the acetate recording.

Was it really a valuable one off? Did BT sell it? Was it given to a charity? Was it actually in 1966? etc... etc

......and the burning question......Is there a recording available for us to hear?
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: The Mystery of the LC 60's Acetate

Postby jarkko » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:20 am

We sent several emails to the owner of the acetate but he never answered again.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Postby B4real » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Jarkko,

Thanks for clearing up this mystery - although we still don't know where it is. Boy, so near and yet so far!

It sounds like it was genuine - a true Leonard fan would have shared or at least let you know what eventuated :(
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
BT

Postby BT » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:53 am

Hello. I just wandered over here and I see there has been a bit of interest in that acetate I stumbled across years ago. I don't have a satisfying solution to the "mystery," I'm afraid, but for what it's worth I can report that nothing has happened with the acetate -- I still have it; I haven't done anything with it, I have no plans for it at this time. By the way, I never received any emails about it after our initial interchanges, but it may be that the email address I was using here years ago is now defunct and your messages didn't reach me. So the record still exists, and hopefully the recordings will surface at some point; I assume that LC or his former producers have the master tapes, should they want to release the recordings. (Has he ever confirmed that or suggested otherwise?) Should I ever have news about the acetate, I'll drop back in here and let you all know. I'm glad to see that this forum is still going strong.
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:14 pm

BT thank you so much for making contact. It is great to know that it is safe and secure. It would be nice if you could keep in contact with Jarkko now with your up-dated email address and keep him informed about the acetate.
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:58 am

Hi BT, welcome back. Well, we sent you PMs on your email via Forum I think... I do recall that acetate remained in your hands because it all happened just before, well, the affair with the former manager. So you contacted the person who wasn't quite reasonable anymore (we know what happened in 2004). Maybe you should contact now his new manager, Robert Kory, and ask him.
HOW TO CONTACT LEONARD COHEN AND HIS MANAGEMENT:
You may contact his manager Mr. Robert Kory at rkory@rkmgment.com. Mailing address for all correspondence:

RK Management, LLC
9300 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 200
Beverly Hills,CA 90212
USA
BT

Postby BT » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:37 am

Hello, Tom. I remember you and I think we did exchange PMs back in '03. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”