Sleeping with Leonard

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
LEONKA

Re: Sleeping with Leonard

Post by LEONKA » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Inne

it's beautiful what you wrote about your mother. Your care of it is very touching and sensitive. Anjani has a pleasant quiet voice and your mother so well fell asleep. It's so touching. :neutral:
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:29 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
Oh, I also missed lillyfyre's question about preferred age (where've I been?).

I like Leonard the way he is now, for several reasons:

1) that's the way he is now, so if we want to inject any reality into these fantasies, we might as well have them exist in the present (well, that works for me, anyway!).

2) this year is the first time I ever saw Leonard live in concert (even though I've been hooked on him for about 20 years), and honestly, seeing his show changed my life, since I was, like many others, very deeply affected by it. So, his current self holds a very special place in my life since this year was so very incredible and memorable.

And, 3) Leonard seems so sweet now (maybe he always was, but he seems more so these days). So, I'd rather have happy, content, lovely Leonard over his previously more conflicted self.

Sweet dreams! :D
Leonard likes me more now, those of his beautiful eyes draw me. I can not stop watching, his laughter is like a seduction. It is thin, tall, just the charismatic, sexy. And when he speaks, so I am going as snow melt. Leonard, do not read this :!: Forbidden to read. Only the ladies read. 8) 8) :razz:
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:41 am

Watch this video, it's exactly what I write, the previous post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30u_L99IOLU
Inne

Post by Inne » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 am

Lily & Marsha & Leonka

Feels good to read your kind and warm replies, I really appreciate this.
Inne
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:33 am

Inne wrote:
Lily & Marsha & Leonka
Feels good to read your kind and warm replies, I really appreciate this.
Inne
Inne

Love, care and understanding is the basis of a beautiful child and parent relationship. I can imagine how hard you have it even if your mom lives in a manger, for pensioners.
We call it so. Please do not want to offend you. .
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:34 pm

It is almost unbelievable how similar problems are here on the forum some of us. Also take care of my elderly parents, although fortunately I know and love. Moreover, my friend has cancer of the larynx and it seems that the disease progresses :cry: . I'm sorry for all those who have problems have a very, very much they want it to be better to mli enough forces to handle everything. ;-)
It is good that there is something, someone, what helps us in difficult times - Leonard and his music, his words, his voice, he. because we love him, because it pulls us to his concerts as well as here in the forum, here we assign the people we have met and maybe never have met, but whom we like the umbilical cord was tied with Leonard, who thus become our friends 8)
Thank you all for the help, at least for me, are your words, when I'm not exactly the best, and thanks to Leonard for being there and what it is and that is there for us...
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Leonaka,

I watched the video you linked too - thanks!

But OMG, he has 20 years on me and not only can he rise from a kneeling position without assistance (which my bum knee stopped letting me do 20 years ago!) but he can open a bottle of wine with his bare hands?! :o
Alsiony

Post by Alsiony » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:37 pm

LEONKA- thanks so much for the Youtube link!!!

I have added it to my favourites on YT, what he says around 1.36+ in the video rings so many clear bells with me.
I was very happy to see this - thanks again

A
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:11 am

GinaDCG and Alsiony

Have you seen this? By computer, I withdrew it. This is the first and third parts of what you saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHqbIuN1diE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUlVUWrv9E
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey, I hadn't read this thread in a while...
lightasabreeze wrote:Glad you like my avatar B4real.
I have this as my wallpaper on my computer, so I see this every time I turn on. Yes and I really do turn on..
This just made my day!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whenever I dream about Leonard, he is the way he is now. A great, great, GREAT turn on, really.
And then I wake up and go to school and spend the whole day painting hearts on my books and Unified Hearts symbols and big letters reading LEONARD COHEN. :razz:
Lilifyre wrote:I'm a lesbian, so I don't think of him in quite the same way that a straight woman would, but I do find him extremely sexy and sensual.
Really, you don't know what you're missing. :razz:
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Stamatina wrote: Whenever I dream about Leonard, he is the way he is now. A great, great, GREAT turn on, really.
And then I wake up and go to school and spend the whole day painting hearts on my books and Unified Hearts symbols and big letters reading LEONARD COHEN. :razz:
Lilifyre wrote:I'm a lesbian, so I don't think of him in quite the same way that a straight woman would, but I do find him extremely sexy and sensual.
Really, you don't know what you're missing. :razz:
Stamatina, you bring back memories for me! Ahh, to be a teenager again, doodling the name of a favourite dream-guy on your books! (Not that I miss being a teenager. I would never want to relive that!)

As for your comment to Lilyfyre, she might suggest the same thing to you! ;-)

Cheers!
Lisa
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:04 am

LisaLCFan wrote: As for your comment to Lilyfyre, she might suggest the same thing to you! ;-)
That's exactly what I was thinking while I was writing. "Neither do you", or something. :razz: :lol:
At my age sexuality is still developing and I can't know what may change in the future, but for now let me say that I hold the advantage of being a bisexual and missing nothing more than experience. :razz: I've got the longing and it's good. :razz: :D
In fact, for about a month last summer my LC dreams included Anjani, too. :razz:

Going to bed now, with Leonard's music of course. Good night all. :D
Gentle this soul..."
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:05 am

Ok, I was the one who started this thread, and I think I need to speak up right now.

When I revealed my sexual identity, it was merely as a statement. I did not intend it to be the basis of any kind of judgement one way or another. I do not feel I'm "missing" anything. I simply see things differently than many of the women who have commented here. I also see Leonard and his sensuality in a different way due to my age....I'm 64. A 20 yr old could very well be attracted to him on many different levels, sexually, emotionally, etc. Neither better nor worse, only different.

The one thing I have that a 20 yr old does not have is perspective. That sense of perspective is definitely expressed by Leonard in his music. Just listen to an early recording of one of this songs and then listen to a more recent recording of the same song. There is a different intensity. It's part of the human experience. Look at his beautiful face over the years. You'll see how the man has mellowed and matured into the "fine wine" we have now. He's gone from the intense, young man to the deeply introspective, somewhat depressed middle aged man, to the mature, mellow, confident, humble man he is today. All are Leonard, all are this same beautiful man. Yet each is unique.

So, let's not argue over who's experience is better and just share openly.
And you won't make me jealous if I hear that [he's] sweetened your night:
We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be all right,
Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
martali

Post by martali » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:45 am

Thank you so much Lilly for your last post.

You have expressed the heart of the matter so beautifully.
I'm feeling exactly the same way and understand very well what you mean.
I'm the same age as you and have this perspective.

All the best
Marta
Stamatina

Post by Stamatina » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 am

Lilifyre wrote: When I revealed my sexual identity, it was merely as a statement. I did not intend it to be the basis of any kind of judgement one way or another. I do not feel I'm "missing" anything. I simply see things differently than many of the women who have commented here. I also see Leonard and his sensuality in a different way due to my age....I'm 64. A 20 yr old could very well be attracted to him on many different levels, sexually, emotionally, etc. Neither better nor worse, only different.
Oh, but I was only joking, not judging you. Being attracted to men generally and being less than 20 years old (less than 15, actually) as I am, I can tell you that I've never experienced anything better than the emotional tempest Leonard's music caused me when I started listening to it. That is what I meant you're missing, not anything else. :D But of course, that's my perspective, I hadn't thought about the role of the age in the matter, I suppose you're right in the comment I've put in bold above. :)

Anyway, don't let me be misunderstood, one of my basic characteristics is that I rarely think too much before saying anything. I just blurt out whatever comes to my mind and somehow that's the reason I avoid being in conversations like this. But I couldn't resist this one.. :razz:
Gentle this soul..."

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”