Sleeping with Leonard

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
musicmania

Re: Sleeping with Leonard

Post by musicmania » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Lilifyre, it's good to know I'm not alone with this 'condition' :D There is NOTHING worse that not getting sleep on a Sunday night. The body needs rest to get ready for another week of work or whatever. I'll take note and avoid Echoes at night time too :D

LEONKA I'm not sure my mp3 has a facility to put songs in a certain order. I know I can create playlists but I can't be leaving my beloved Hallelujah out. I'll have to investigate can I chose the order of songs and then I could listen to Hallelujah before I fall asleep and not be woken by it :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 pm

musicmania

when I downloaded music from the computer so I can determine the order in which songs will go first. Nice to dream ... Hallelujah :lol: :lol: :lol:
B4real

Post by B4real » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Just when I had settled down somewhat from my last encounter here, I innocently stumbled upon a photo Mollydog had attached. It was in a thread I thought would be safe to venture into – after all, it was a discussion about clothing.

I was forced; I say I was forced to look at a panorama version of lightasabreeze’s avatar. :roll:
So you see I had no choice but to give it a place here too. :razz:
leonard%20on%20the%20beach.jpg
leonard%20on%20the%20beach.jpg (19.12 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Isn’t it a shame that our avatars can’t be as big and horizontal? ;-)

Seems I’m going to have to sleep with Leonard and Various Positions again tonight!!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 am

Come on. That and I also went to sleep with ... L. :razz:
Good night.
B4real

Post by B4real » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Good Morning LEONKA,

I hope you had sweeeeeet dreams :razz: ;-)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:57 pm

Good morning B4real,

damage, but I can not tell you what a sweet dream with me, L. .. 8) :razz: :lol:
So again good night. :D ;-)
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Glad you like my avatar B4real.
I have this as my wallpaper on my computer, so I see this every time I turn on. Yes and I really do turn on.. I know what I am going to see, but I still flip when he appears...

Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:01 pm

lightasabreeze

And after you turn on your computer to concentrate on work when you see Leonard beautiful wallpaper? :lol:
QueenofSolitude

Post by QueenofSolitude » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:53 am

Oh, that picture...that is the most sensual photograph of a man I"ve ever seen :shock: :!: What does he not have going for him?????

I dreamed of Leonard two nights ago and cannot stop thinking about it. It was so clear and vivid, he was next to me, we weren't anywhere in particular,and he was kind of confused but he was still next to me, he was young, beautiful, long hair. I just felt sooooo good to be standing next to him, I knew it was a dream but I didn;t want it to end. I was almost smelling the atmosphere to try to make as full a sensory moment as possible. And then I woke up.

Mmmm, it was really delicious. :oops:
and you sank beneath her wisdom like a stone
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:04 am

I have a question for those who dream of sleeping with Leonard. In your dreams is he the young Leonard, the middle aged Leonard, or the Leonard of today? I'm a lesbian, so I don't think of him in quite the same way that a straight woman would, but I do find him extremely sexy and sensual. I also think he has improved with age....like a fine wine. While my preference is definitely for women, I can imagine a very sensual experience with him and I certainly wouldn't turn him out in the cold ;-)

Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
QueenofSolitude

Post by QueenofSolitude » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 am

This was my first dream of him and he was young. He can come to my dreams at any age, at any time, any night. He will always be welcomed.
and you sank beneath her wisdom like a stone
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:29 am

I've been awfully good...staying out of this thread. Highly uncharacteristic of me. :lol: :lol:

So I'll just contribute a picture. :D It also serves as my answer to Lilifyre's question...

That decor though...yikes.
Attachments
Dearheatherpromo.jpg
Dearheatherpromo.jpg (19.38 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by Lilifyre » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 am

Oh, now WHO could possibly resist him like that???? :lol: :shock: ;-)

Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
GinaDCG

Post by GinaDCG » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 am

Well, if Mr. Cohen is ever having a down day all he needs to do is read this thread. :lol: :lol:

But on a weird tack -- my Mom is in a nursing home. Her dementia presentation is a bit unusual. She hallucinates. A lot. I am typing this post at 2:21AM local time because she called me an hour ago, and woke me up (again) to say "Did you know that all the school buses can't run anymore?" I (trying to sound kind and concerned -- and mindful that she is probably waking her stroke -recovering room-mate as well) "Mom, do you know what time it is?" "Oh! Oh!" she sounds genuinely remorseful, which makes me feel guilty for not responding with a cheery "Oh really? What's happened to them?" "Oh, Gina, I'm DREADfully sorry," and she hangs up. And I'm laying there, feeling guilty for not being more supportive and some random neuron in my head fires up and I replay to myself "So, is this what you wanted? To live in a house that is haunted/ By the ghost/ Of you and me?"

The ghost of my Mother calls me at 1AM to tell me about dead school buses. And in this, as in a lot of things, I mentally recall a line from a Cohen song which matches my situation.

I'm going for some chamomile tea now in hopes it'll knock me out for what's left of my night.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Great picture mnkyface, though the prints are certainly a little ... busy :shock:. Leonard old, middle aged, young - I'm not fussed! Though probably closer to my own age is best - the current 45 year age gap is a bit extreme.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”