LC Walking Weekend (2009 - 2017)

Everything about our biennial Walking Weekends in just one record-long thread!
liverpoolken

Re: LC Walking Weekend (2009, 2011, 2013)

Post by liverpoolken »

henning...
deleting then re-posting my original photo with a poorly executed photoshop version is another example of a moderator abusing his power....this excercising of absolute and centralised control over the forum by deleting all differing opinions held by the moderators is nothing short of on-line totalitarianism...unless my photo (see below) is reinstated into my original post i will be forced to start a thread to discuss the despotic and undemocratic nature of your action with a call for your resigination...this is a sad state of affairs..something that wouldn't be tolerated on a dylan forum

ta ken

ken
nitwit.JPG
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Henning

Post by Henning »

Now Ken - I feel sorry for your moody-blues-ups-and-downs ! We will have it fixed in Gailway. I have worked hard to become a moderator. That's why I was standing against a wall in Pula. This is a tolerant forum. We let you change your mind a thousand times. Keep them photos coming.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

no more photos from me henning until the latest outrage is sorted..what's the point of posting anything up if you are going to abuse the moderator's power that has been given to you to alter or censor contributions from unsuspecting and innocent forum members just to comply with your own personal views...the case is now in the hands of my lawyer so i'm not supposed to discuss the matter with you...ta ken
censor.JPG
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

There used to be an Everton supporter called EFC that posted on the walking thread upsetting people before the Wales Walk.
Has he been re-incarnated for the Galway Walk ? :( Well I won't let it upset me today. It's Matchday and BVB are top of the table
Diane

Post by Diane »

Travelingladiesman wrote:Here we go,

Thurs 19th : 7pm : 1st walk: Meet at the Spanish Arch and walk the Salthill prom to Blackrock and back to Galway.
9pm : Music and pints on Quay street.

Friday 20th: 9am : Bus will pick us at Jurys Hotel....walk in the Burren...walk in the Alliwee caves...and the ferry to Inish Oirr.
4:45pm Ferry returns from Inish Oirr to Galway....back in Galway for 8pm.

I will post more details and answer questions soon,

(no PC access untill Monday)

Best wishes,
Joe.
Can't wait, Joe!

I'm gutted that the Liptrots won't be there. But this is going to be such a marvellous weekend.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Diana, I am sooooooooooooooo unhappy that Phil and Jean are not coming... They were my raison d'etre to go to all the walking tours. Love them dearly. They will be sorely missed. Thanks Joe , I am sure it will all work out great in your hands
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Just a tip to anyone flying in and getting the bus to Galway from the airport
When you come through arrivals at Terminal 2... just a short walk past shop and bar on your right and a small overhead bridge. To your immediate left then, you will see an escalator down to the main buses. You must walk past here and under a perspex walkway to get to the Coach Park.
Please give yourselves at least 20 minutes from when you get off the plane to reach it and probably another ten minutes if you have to pick up luggage.
Sometimes the walk from the plane to the exit can be quiet long depending on where the planes stop. I think if you land at T 1, you come out at the bus station and again , walk under the perspex walkway to the Coach park.

I just though you may need to know this, if there is only a bus every hour from the park
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

tinderella wrote:There used to be an Everton supporter called EFC that posted on the walking thread upsetting people before the Wales Walk.
Has he been re-incarnated for the Galway Walk ? :( Well I won't let it upset me today. It's Matchday and BVB are top of the table
jaysus give us a break and lighten up bernie.... i was only trying to fill in the great silence that has afflicted this thread over the last few months with some of our traditional nonsense.....

and although i still haven't booked my flight for galway i have invested in some temporary aural surgery which going on past experience i think is going to come in very useful...ta ken

onfinal.jpg
Diane

Post by Diane »

Tinds we'll have to make a life-sized cardboard cut-out of Phil and Jean and carry them 'round with us. I have decided this forum has had enough of my nonsense over the years and silence is golden (although I must confess Ken, Joe's cattle prod is inspired).
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

firstly diane i would like to say that your contributions to our walking thread have always been nothing less than informative intelligent, and always very illuminating in their wisdom and a far cry from the usual nonsense posted here by other forum members...

but i think you are being very coy and less than honest with us on the subject of jarkko's infamous electric cattle prod....this photo was taken on one of the social evenings during our first ever walking weekend in barmouth in 2009 and clearly shows the prod on your and paula's drink laden table ...i can't recall you ever having to use it but we walkers were always aware of it's existence and behaved accordingly...ta ken
bar.jpg
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (24.75 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Poor Mambo, the only sober one among us looks suitably nervous about that cattle prod while the rest of us are oblivious to it in our drunken states
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Last edited by tinderella on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

mystery.jpg
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

I know there are Ireland fans here but I think I preferred the original poster for the Tour . It had a certain je ne sais quoi
Attachments
Poster for Galway
Poster for Galway

Return to “Walking Weekends (2009 - 2023)”