Thank You for this website !

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
Bob R

Thank You for this website !

Post by Bob R »

As we all mourn the passing of our dear friend Leonard, I would like to take a second to thank everyone who has made this terrific website available all these years. You have been such a wonderful resource for Cohen fans all over the world, and kept Leonards work in the public eye, even during those "lean" years.

I used to host a radio show on WJZF in Maine USA, called Mystery Train, and a few years back I devoted an entire 3 hour program to Leonard's work. Many of the folks who tuned in that night from all over the globe were regular visitors to this fine website. I never knew how many people loved Leonard Cohen until that night. I thought I was one of the only ones ! The show turned out to be the highest listened to show I ever did. I was blown away.

So, thank you for this website dedicated to Leonard, thank you for all the great people who visit it regularly.

And finally, thank you Mr Leonard Cohen, for for giving us so much of yourself over the years. Your music and poetry will live on.
Bob Reichers
Davido

Re: Thank You for this website !

Post by Davido »

Hello Bob.
I agree with your comments about this website, and remember your 3 hour show very well. I stayed up to listen to it here in the UK and contributed a few things.Thanks for a great show!
All the best,
Dave
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Dear Bob,

I agree fully with you comments about this website it is a great resource.

You may be interested to know that you listening figures were higher than you think as copies of your "Mystery Train" show have been circulated among Leonard Cohen Fans who didn't catch the original.

(I really enjoyed your show and thought it was much better than the recent BBC 6 music show which was dedicated to Leonard.)
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
EliWolf

Post by EliWolf »

Bob R wrote:As we all mourn the passing of our dear friend Leonard, I would like to take a second to thank everyone who has made this terrific website available all these years. You have been such a wonderful resource for Cohen fans all over the world, and kept Leonards work in the public eye, even during those "lean" years.

I used to host a radio show on WJZF in Maine USA, called Mystery Train, and a few years back I devoted an entire 3 hour program to Leonard's work. Many of the folks who tuned in that night from all over the globe were regular visitors to this fine website. I never knew how many people loved Leonard Cohen until that night. I thought I was one of the only ones ! The show turned out to be the highest listened to show I ever did. I was blown away.

So, thank you for this website dedicated to Leonard, thank you for all the great people who visit it regularly.

And finally, thank you Mr Leonard Cohen, for for giving us so much of yourself over the years. Your music and poetry will live on.
Bob Reichers

Great thoughts and great website!
I am here for your entertainment!

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”