Happy Birthday, Leonard!

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
souljacker

Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard!

Post by souljacker »

The Italian webzine OndaRock has a collection of birthday cards for Leonard Cohen from artists such as The Mountain Goats, Hugo Race, Lloyd Cole and more (the page is in english):

http://www.ondarock.it/speciali/cohenbirthdayeng.htm

Happy birthday, Leonard!
Moshe Cohen

Post by Moshe Cohen »

Many happy returns!!!!!
Moshe Cohen
maroo

Post by maroo »

Happy Birthday!!
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
da2008

Post by da2008 »

Happy birthday, Leonard!
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

I was relegated to second place on my birthday cake this year....

...but then I got to eat it!

My guitar is so beautiful, I wish I hadn't swallowed it.
Päivi from Finland

Post by Päivi from Finland »

Dear Leonard!

Like a good wine gets better and better, You and Your voice and songs get always better!
Thank You for wonderful music and unforgettable moments with You!

Have a nice birthday and of course these days after the birthday!

With much love - Päivi from Finland
Päivi from Finland

1993: Helsinki
2008: Copenhagen, Helsinki
2009: Budapest, Barcelona
2010:Helsinki, Stuttgart
2012:Ghent 17th and 18th Aug, Helsinki, Bucharest
2013:Brussels, Berlin, Pula, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam
Aido

Post by Aido »

Lá Breithlá shona dhuit Leonard.........and many more. PLEASE come back to the Emerald Isle :D Please :D
Thanks for enriching our lives. You're our man!!
Kilmainham 2008 (1st night!), O2 London 2008, O2 Dublin 2009, Lissadell 2010, Kilmainham 2012 (2 nights).
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

Happy Birthday, Dear Leonard Cohen!!
Happy Birthday to our Man! All the best for him! I wish him just the best! He gave us all so much over all those years and each and everyone uf us have different Storys, different memories... but we have all one thing together: the love for Leonard Cohen. And I have to say; all those concerts since 2008 were the biggest gift to me! I listening to his "new" gift to us, "Popular Problems" and HE made US a very great birthday-gift. I really would LOVE TO HEAR all this new Songs live on STAGE AGAIN!!.... But it is also a hard and very sad time for my Family and me: on one side, the GREAT day for Leonard Cohen which I (and we) love as a Poet, Singer, Songwriter and just as a human... on the other side our family's Situation... I really don't want to bore anyone with our Situation, but many of you from this Group meaning a lot to me, so therefore I hope that you can understand, that I have to write this: my Dad will be flew back in a view hours from Lanzarote to Zürich, with not much hope of recovery (he had a heart- and breath-stop last thuesday and was without any Oxygen for nearly 6 minutes). And it is very hard to accept, but there is not much brain activity left, still in a coma with not much hope left. Even so, I am glad, that my Mum will be in the airplane too and she's back.... It is a emotional "Wechselbad der Gefühle" a "Change of Emotion" But even so, that is my or our personal Situation.... but I can't "break my personality" into two parts.... That's how it is,,,,, I just want to thank Mr. Cohen for his work, for the art, for his never-ending passion for the perfect words at the perfect place in a perfect Song or Peom, for his love to his audience... Can't wait to see and hear him again...Imagine "Nevermind", "Slow" or Almost like the Blues" in a live-Version.... And all the not puplished new Songs, that he had hold back to bring them to perfection during to a "maybe"-Tour! Take care, Mr. Cohen, From Switzend with love and a lot of a emotional changing!
Attachments
2013_07_14_169_L_COHEN_HAMBURG.jpg
clionamhic

Post by clionamhic »

Late as usual but I hope you had a good one Leonard - Lá breithe shona, is go maire tú an céad!
Matilda3

Post by Matilda3 »

Oh, late. Couldn't find right place to post. Hope you had a wonderful day. Already have your new CD. What a lovely gift you gave me. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Ironic...but that's just a part of who you are. Thank you.
LucyFolie

Post by LucyFolie »

Happy birhtday, Lenny.
Sasha K

Post by Sasha K »

Dear Leonard

Words cannot express how much your life and work have meant to me...the words behind the words and the life behind the life. Especially your concerts, your presence among us. Please come back to New Zealand and Switzerland!

I wish you continued inspiration ( on through eternity ! ), good health, joy, and all good things. The happiest of birthdays.

Love, Light, and Pea ce

Sasha

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”