jarkko wrote:I don't think we'd need to re-name it
:)
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
Cheshire gal

Re: Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

Post by Cheshire gal » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 am

Thank you Jarkko for this information. 'Great News' :D :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 am

Jarkko - you're such a tease :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
harald

Post by harald » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm

Susy wrote:we meet in Zuerich Aug. 24. 2013 for a short time before the Concert !
we are not * Susanne & Uwe * .....we are Susanne and Marina :D and my husband , and the Concert was GREAT !!!
Sure that I remember you - and was a pleasure to meet you - and yes it was a great concert and with a respectful audience. Greetings and best.

P.S. I do like the way Jarkko is putting things.
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire / 2020 Ghent
holydove

Post by holydove » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:20 pm

I am very glad to hear that! Thank you for that comment, Jarkko, & for all of your many kindnesses.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:18 pm

Looks like we have something special to look forward to :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:40 am

Fabulous! :D
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:32 pm

harald wrote:my five cent:

.....I don´t go there for a singalong with the audience, I don´t go there to share some atmosphere.
I love to see friends at the meetups, but the concert is the concert is the mass.
One does not take photos during the mass.
I am a concentrated listener.
It distracts me when my neighbour is taking photos or video clips.
I hate it.
I´d be glad if you could restrain your applause to in between the songs.
I don´t need no rhythmic clapping during the songs.
My neighbour drinking bear, singing or clapping or taking photos or eating a hamburger, what difference, it all disturbs.
As said before I can tolerate your enthusiasm during the encores.
Can even accept your chorus with So long, Marianne.
But else, please let me have the concert. Pure.
Thank you.

Harald
Whatever you say, Harald! But you have to accept, that we do not live in the perfect world, not even when a lot of People are in a Concert-Hall, sharing the same interests, love the same Performer.
You know, I wished, that several drunken People would be stayed at home instead to visit a Cohen-Concert and shouting some stupid things... but: can I change it? Do I have a influence, what they will do next? No.
But: I don't want that this People "ruined" a whole Concert, who means a lot to a lot of People and to me, so I try to blank it out.
You named all the Point, what you expect at a concert.
Well, I have some wish too: several times, large Mans sitting before us. Should I blame the whole world because of this? Shoul I let them ruined "our" Concert? No, no
Sometimes you have to adapt. As you, I don't really like the one with the big cameras, filming the Perfromance with a IPad or so...
But on the other side: I do have CDs/DVDs from the Concerts, as many others have.
And they come... yes, exactly: from this people...
So if I like it or not is not the question, because I (neither you or anyone) can't change it, sad but true.
And to be blunt: one of the best Moments (besides many, many others) was in Lissabon, back in 2010: the whole Audience sings "The Partisan".
It was impressive, because this is not a "Easy listening-Song", on the contrary, as you know.
But they clearly understand the meaning of the song; we never will forget the reaction of the crowd to this song in Lissabon. And they were many "younger" People in the Audience; so we really was surprised, that this "Generation" recognized the words. I'm sure it have something to do with their own history. But anyway, it was a unforgettable moment for us, gave us some real goose bumps.... We were really surprised in a positive way..

And the "No No No-"Part of "Closing Time: it's a pure and simple pleasure! As one Person posted before: it was clear to see, that it becomes to a Tradition. And, I'm sorry to say that, Harald, but you know exactly, that the People will do all those things again, that you don't like.
As I said before; I don't like a lot of all these things too.
But that is not relevant, because it is, like it is.
A Friend of mine, who's a "Opera"-Person, told me, that even in the Opera-Houses the People try to took their IPad etc.
So, I'd rather go to a Leonard-Cohen-Concert, knowing, that some of the People will "way out of line" than stay at home and don't go to the Concert.
And really: I would give a lot, to see and hear Leonard Cohen again on a stage, with everyone else, who likes to see him!

I wrote it before: if a Live-DVD-CD will come out: I will take anything, as long, as it is a Leonard-Cohen-UHTC-Live-recording. The best for me would be: all the Songs, that they have performed in 2013 (must be 42 different Songs or so)
But anyway: I hope, that the Songs will be well choosen with some reaction or interaction with the crowd...
Have a look at "Tower of Song" from the 2th of Dez. 2013...

Uwe + Susanne (not the other Susanne... besides, Susanne; I don't say, the Zürich-Konzert wasn't good: the reactions were just different, wasn't they? But as far as I remember, we talked about that)
fusional

Post by fusional » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:01 am

Harald... get a grip.

For a live DVD, of course we don't want a singalong. For most, though, some audience participation in a live concert is a real plus, and understandably so.
fusional

Post by fusional » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:01 am

Also... do we have any hints on timing/venue for a live DVD?
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:31 pm

fusional wrote:Harald... get a grip.

For a live DVD, of course we don't want a singalong. For most, though, some audience participation in a live concert is a real plus, and understandably so.
fusional "...of course we don't.........."

Who exactly are "we" ?

Read some of the posts asking it to be recorded at one of their concerts where everyone was happy slapping along !!! :shock:
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:16 am

Vicomte wrote:

Who exactly are "we" ?

Read some of the posts asking it to be recorded at one of their concerts where everyone was happy slapping along !!! :shock:
For god's sake: we are the Fans, the People in the Audience with all our individual "demands", expectations etc.
We are individual... you will never get a total controlled, focused audience, even if that's what would be the best for you...
As far as I can say: I want that DVD, CD: they will make the right choice.... if you don't agree, don't buy it..
Most important thing is, that this Live-DVD7CD will come, as the new Studio-Album and, the (let's all hope so ) upcoming Tour...
I'll take, whatever it will be...

Uwe, Switzerland
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Sorry, I know English isn't your first language so I will allow for the fact you appear to have misunderstood what I was saying.

"We" is plural and in the instance you were saying "we" as a statement for meaning literally, everyone. If a poll was taken away from this forum, where of course Leonard walks on water, I personally believe that many people would say they go to the type of Concert that LC gives to listen to 95% of the songs he offers. Sadly since his return in 2008 he is being turned in to a Barry Manilow/Elvis type figure and playing in places like Las Vegas does nothing to improve my thoughts on that.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
James T

Post by James T » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm

Doesn't matter which show they pick for the dvd, you're not gonna have to see and hear people carrying on in the audience. The mix would come from a soundboard probably and they will only bring in the crowd noise as and when they want to. The vision mixer will only go to the crowd occasionally and in-between songs also. The atmosphere on the dvd will not be the atmosphere from the crowd/show, it will be what the director of the dvd wants it to be. As it is a Leonard concert, it will also be fantastic regardless. You should be more concerned about the cameras and image quality, the previous DVDs lacked a bit there for me.
fusional

Post by fusional » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 am

Vicomte wrote:

Who exactly are "we" ?

Really? I assumed people were saying that the concert itself was fun with people singing along.

I don't know why anyone would want a recording where they didn't hear the band but heard the crowd instead. Is that really what you want?

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”