Chelsea Hotel 4?

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
Wybe
Site Admin

Chelsea Hotel 4?

Post by Wybe » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:26 pm

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/groups/i ... ps=5125257

Here you will find a "radio" anti-folk performance from Jeffrey Lewis on Video about Chelsea Hotel.

Wybe
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:42 pm

Ah :D ~ Lightning's going to love you 8) ~ well, okay, not love; but will certainly be happy that you posted this :D . However ~ #4? Where's #3 :wink: ?

~ Lizzy :D
Wybe
Site Admin

# 3

Post by Wybe » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:21 am

Hi Lizzy,

Chelsea Hotel #3 Is here,

http://members.chello.nl/w.lageveen/filmpje.html

I think you seen this before.

Wybe
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:34 am

Ahhh, Yes :D ~ And I remember it well :wink: 8) :D 8) ~ but, somehow, I had forgotten all the differences in Leonard's lead-in monologue for the song.

What pleasure to listen and watch again. Thanks for the link :D . What luck on the limousine ~ how'd you manage that :lol: !?!

"... before there were tulips in Holland*... before there were silver beads in Santa Fe" ~ what a wonderful line... as well as the other variations :lol: ... *and, of course, Chelsea Hotel #3 was obviously written for you folks :D .

~ Lizzy

I can't figure out how to get Jeffrey's to play, though... I'm clicking on everything in sight that'll let me, but to no avail :( . I've heard it before 8) , but still wanted to hear it again!
linmag

Post by linmag » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:49 pm

It plays through RealPlayer, Lizzy. Have you got that on your machine? If not I think it's quite easy to download.

Thanks for the link Wybe, and for your #3 version. I don't think I had seen that before. Some of the timing is very impressive! Remind me which concert that intro is from, please? It's driving me mad trying to remember.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Ah, okay, Linmag. Thanks. Because I'm at work, though, I don't want to download anything that's not already there; know what I mean?
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:37 pm

Hi Linmag,

The music is from a live concert in Amsterdam 1988.

The video was made after LC event in New York.

Greetings from W & W
linmag

Post by linmag » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Thanks Wybe,

I knew it must be one of the Amsterdam ones, but I didn't want to go looking myself because I knew I would have ended up listening to them all, and I don't really have time for that just now.

Best wishes to yourself and the other W (I can't remember how she spells it, so I'm playing safe here :)). Hope you had a good time on Poros, and look forward to seeing you again in Berlin (not long now :)).

Linda
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
lightning

Post by lightning » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:58 pm

Just noticed this thread after sending Jeff Lewis off for another European tour. He will be in the UK, France and other places until mid-March . For his itinerary visit http://www.thejeffreylewissite.com. You can find the Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song on his first CD on Rough Trade "The Last Time I Took Acid I Went Insane." His audiences keep getting bigger, which he entirely deserves, and people over there would do well go see him if they can get tickets.
I sent a copy of The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song to Leonard's office but who knows if he got it as there was no response or even secretarial acknowledgement. Jeff saw the Bergeron DVD of the NYC Leonard Cohen event, said the music was nice and was sorry there was no video. Next time, maybe.
Kevin W.M.LastYearsMan

Post by Kevin W.M.LastYearsMan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Spirit of the elevator!....nice one.

"It was only when I stood up that she found out I was Leonard Cohen."
Is that supposed to be a reference to him being short?

I liked how he described the hotel. It was dirty, filthy, remind me to never go back there. Cracked me up.
Thanks for posting the link. i hadn't heard this performance before.

Kevin
simonmoorehead

chelsea hotel no3

Post by simonmoorehead » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:22 am

great film
great version
superb and atmospheric

simon
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
Dem

Post by Dem » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:29 pm

Smart anf funny.

Dem

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”