Gabriel Moreno: "Dance Me to the End of Love"

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
John Etherington

Gabriel Moreno: "Dance Me to the End of Love"

Post by John Etherington »

I saw Gabriel Moreno play live for the first time this week, at the Water Rats pub in King's Cross, London. He gave a solo performance, and I noticed a strong Leonard Cohen influence in his music. Therefore, it did not come as too much of a surprise when, at the end of his set, he said he was going to close with a song by "the master", and proceeded to play "Everybody Knows". I spoke to Gabriel afterwards, and he told me that he's a great admirer of Leonard's work. He was interested to hear that I had heard Adam Cohen play live at the same venue in 1998. Also on the bill was Claire Hamill, who I first saw live in 1972. Claire is also a Leonard devotee, and called a compilation of her work "The Minor Fall, the Major Lift". Here's a youtube video of Gabriel playing "Dance Me to the End of Love":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7NXwt70vr0

All good things, John E
jioptret

Re: Gabriel Moreno: "Dance Me to the End of Love"

Post by jioptret »

I know these songs were made for romance. But my wife and I like to have romantic evenings and listen to songs like that, just in sets. It's such a mood setting, candles and other little things here, nice music, and wine. We have been married for many years and evenings like this help us to keep the fire burning and prevent the end of our love. Thank you that there are such people who create such masterpieces

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”