The Film "It Must Be Heaven" features "Darkness"

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
jarkko
Site Admin

The Film "It Must Be Heaven" features "Darkness"

Post by jarkko »

From Evelyne Bénomard:

Here is another movie with a Leonard ‘s song, Darkness.
The movie is It Must be Heaven; filmmaker Elia Suleiman travels to different cities and finds unexpected parallels to his homeland of Palestine. France, December 2019.

Complete soundtrack here:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3pRE3 ... jUvNv?nd=1
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Re: The Film "It Must Be Heaven" features "Darkness"

Post by B4real »

I haven't seen this movie but I've come across a quote about the scene with LC's song Darkness - https://www.theupcoming.co.uk/2021/06/1 ... ie-review/
In Paris a set of armed officers takes measurements of the café where the director sits; in New York they chase a “Free Palestine” protestor through a procession of women exercising with prams to a Leonard Cohen song.
:razz:
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Younger

Re: The Film "It Must Be Heaven" features "Darkness"

Post by Younger »

Thanks for telling us about the film "It Must Be Heaven" and how it connects to Leonard's song, Darkness. That sounds really interesting. By the way, if you have any other movie recommendations, I'm all ears. Here's my favorite of the top movies to watch. Have you watched any movies mentioned there?

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”