A tribute song, mastered at Abbey Road

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
magnifiedsanctified

A tribute song, mastered at Abbey Road

Post by magnifiedsanctified »

Hi everybody

I posted an earlier version of my song "Walking In The Wind (for Leonard Cohen)" and the lyrics and recording quality weren't up to scratch; this new version was recorded at Rofl Audio, Nottingham and mastered at Abbey Road (I went all out). My female friend added some vocals which I thought made it latter-day Cohenesque and I also sang as deep as I could possibly go!

https://soundcloud.com/ross-harding-1/w ... n-stanyard

Here a sample of the lyrics:

With those words of torture and grace
Like the lines engraved on a face
With my candle light a-flickering
I'm now walking in the wind

Though the body returns to dust
I still speak the language of
Fallen angel reduced in sin
I am walking in the wind again

I really felt like I was channeling Leonard writing some of the lyrics to tell the truth; I have no delusions of grandeur but it felt that way. Maybe the mind plays tricks. Anyway hope you enjoy it if you get chance to listen.

Thanks, Ross.
LisaLCFan

Re: A tribute song, mastered at Abbey Road

Post by LisaLCFan »

Nice song, good lyrics, lovely production, well done! It has a definite 1960s folk vibe, with a sound reminiscent of early Dylan, I thought (to me, your voice and the steel-string guitar is a bit more Dylan than Cohen, but that's not a criticism!). Your friend has a good voice. Thank you for sharing, and for the love and care that you obviously put into it! All the best!
davidrichards

Re: A tribute song, mastered at Abbey Road

Post by davidrichards »

Really enjoyable. I also felt it was more Dylan than Cohen and again that is in no way meant to be a criticism. Thank you for posting this on the forum.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”