A new instrumental cover of ... ?

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
Bhasi

A new instrumental cover of ... ?

Post by Bhasi »

Ten letters, begins with H:

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/shop/craig-ogden-guitarist/

Not just a classic but now a standard, it would seem. I'm looking forward to hearing it in lifts (elevators) for the rest of my days!

Do forum-mates know of any other voice-free covers?
Adrian

Re: A new instrumental cover of ... ?

Post by Adrian »

As noted in the Canada Day carillon thread - if you go to
http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/programs/2010/ ... ealed.html - about one-third the way down, it says in bold type: You can hear Hallelujah again in the player below.
Click on the thin, black, player and you'll it hear an a'pealing instrumental version of "Hallelujah"!
"Why music?" "Why breathing?"
Bhasi

Post by Bhasi »

An 'a'pealing' rendition, indeed, Adrian! Rather a 'free' transcription, though, don't you think? How many - even very ardent - Cohenophiles, I wonder, would recognise The Great Man's ditty amidst the clangs? Anyway, always a pleasure to hear this rare and difficult instrument in action. Thank you.
sebmelmoth2003

competition to meet craig ogden

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

To celebrate the release of Craig Ogden: The Guitarist, AllinLondon.co.uk have teamed up with the UK ’s largest national commercial radio station, Classic FM, to offer one lucky member the chance to win:

• A pair of tickets to an intimate recital by Craig in the Classic FM building in Leicester Square on the 17th July
• Meet Craig after the concert
• Signed personalised copy of Craig’s new album
• Classic FM goodie bag
• Tour round Classic FM...

...The Question
In which country was Craig Ogden born?

Australia
China
Slovakia

Please Log in to be able to enter a competition...

competition closes monday 12th july - 2010.

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/competition.php?compid=800
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Bhasi wrote:An 'a'pealing' rendition, indeed, Adrian! Rather a 'free' transcription, though, don't you think? How many - even very ardent - Cohenophiles, I wonder, would recognise The Great Man's ditty amidst the clangs? Anyway, always a pleasure to hear this rare and difficult instrument in action. Thank you.

You could say the carillon is really the peoples instrument, everyone can hear it and for free! It's a lot more popular in the US and Canada than here in Ireland/Uk, with quite a few new free standing towers, (that is to say not attached to a church) having been built in acoustically suitable places. Having had the chance to play the carillon when I was a music student I really love it! Arranging music for it isn't all that straight forward but I liked that version a lot, thanks for posting this!!

:D "Ring the bells..."
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
hadley

Post by hadley »

Chris Botti does a pretty sweet version of A Thousand Kisses Deep.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrgDZXncC_c
Bhasi

Post by Bhasi »

Thanks for that, Hadley. I've just ordered his 2003 (!) album of the same title. Could be perfect summer listening. Have a nice one.

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”