Morente

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
peter danielsen

Morente

Post by peter danielsen »

I just read an article on the cohen files, where leonard talks about a record by a spanish flaminco guy who made a record with LC songs and lorca poems. I went on to the net and bought the record entitled "OMOGA". Has anyone heard the record. Is the money well spend?

Peter
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Peter ~

If it's the one I'm thinking of [that was mentioned here some/a long[?] time ago, it's excellent :D ! I can tell you that, from the non-English covers I've heard, it's almost guaranteed to be excellent, even if it's not the same one! Leonard's words and melodies really lend themselves well to other tongues. Good on you for obtaining it 8) !

~ Lizzy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The title of the album is OMEGA. It's excellent - some of the best LC covers ever made - an awesome compilation of rock, flamenco and Leonard's songs (four of them). Turn the volume to high and play "First we take Manhattan!" !
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yeah ~ and then send me a copy 8) :D :wink: !!! And Congratulations on your for-certain great find :D !
peter danielsen

The very irritatting thing is that this morning i recieved an email form the company who said that they didnt have the cd at the time but would contact me as soon as they had it, offcourse they wait to charge my creditcard, but now I have to wait again without knowing when I can get the damn thing. Why cant I have any luck with these internet companies?
Anne

Post by Anne »

Did you order it from Flamenco world? As I mentioned in the last topic of this name, I got this cd from them. It was quite speedy.
peter danielsen

No I ordered it from esflamenco.com

Peter
Bilbao

Post by Bilbao »

Well, I have "Omega" somewhere at home. If I only succeed to locate it, I could send you a copy. Just email me. Easier and cheaper, isnt it? :wink:

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”