Post by MarieM »

Gotcha!
Marie
Speaking Cohen
musicmania

Re: To the Person Who Tried to Sell Our Passwords on eBay

Post by musicmania »

OMG :!: Good work Marie.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

musicmania wrote:OMG :!: Good work Marie.
A group effort but most of the credit goes to the incredible Michelle Rice in LA.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Are you aware of this website? They appear to "sell" presale passwords via a membership fee. I don't intend to pay $10 to find out if they have the correct password.

http://www.presalepasswordinfo.com/gete ... ?id=119226

Leonard's shows have become such a poplular phenomenon it wlll be well-nigh impossible to catch all abuse.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Mabeanie1 wrote: Leonard's shows have become such a poplular phenomenon it wlll be well-nigh impossible to catch all abuse.

Wendy
I agree but any abuse that is caught is some help. The wording of that link infuriated me!
MarieM wrote:
musicmania wrote:OMG :!: Good work Marie.
A group effort but most of the credit goes to the incredible Michelle Rice in LA.
Thanks to Michelle and everyone else.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

MarieM wrote:Gotcha!
:D
:lol:
8)
mutti

Post by mutti »

Brilliant!
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Caren

Post by Caren »

MarieM wrote:Gotcha!
Thanks Marie and everyone involved!!! Excellent work!!!
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Excellent sleuthing. Many thanks to Marie, Michelle Rice, and any others involved!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

musicmania wrote:any abuse that is caught is some help.
Absolutely! I certainly didn't intend to belittle the efforts of Marie, Michelle and everyone else involved in the eBay sting when I posted the other links. That was great work! Hopefully they will be able to close down some of the other abuse as well.

Wendy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

OMG!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the title of this thread :shock: !

THANK YOU to Michelle and Marie!!!
Hahah! Loved your delivery of the GOOD news, Marie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for those other links, Wendy... hopefully, Michelle and Marie will be able to take action there, as well!

Is this related to the availability of seating, somehow, I wonder.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
holydove

Post by holydove »

Many thanks to Marie, Michelle & everyone involved, for this great detective work, & for all the great work you do!!
(And thanks for the very witty delivery, Marie! :lol: )

The internet certainly offers lots of bright new vistas for all the greedy criminal minds out there. . .
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

It might be good to set a post threshold for access to presale passwords. I'd guess the vast majority of the "where do I get the presale password?" questions are from people who register merely for that reason and they rarely or never post again. While many are well-meaning fans, there certainly are many others who are scammers.

People will say "But we are a welcoming community and we want more Leonard fans in that community". All true. But if they weren't a part of that community before the presale and don't make themselves part of it afterwards... Then what's the point?

In the end, it comes down to the simple question: Why is there a presale?

If the purpose is to reward loyal fans with a bit of a leg up on ticket choice then it seems that those who jump in merely to get tickets aren't any different than what would be considered "general sales fans"-- People who buy tickets in the general sale ARE fans after all.

If the presale is in reality more of another marketing tool, then so be it-- and leave it as is.

Along with the previously enacted measures which have helped, perhaps a post threshold-- fairly low, say 30 posts-- will help weed out some of the touts etc. I've been part of various forums which have a 30-post threshold to post new topics and surely it would be easy to set it so one has to have a 30 post total to see certain pages.

Too late for this round of NA shows, but with England coming up it would go a long way to help. England seems to me to be the land of the touts and I'm sure our English brethren will appreciate a bit of help.
tcashin07

Post by tcashin07 »

Scocoh: I understand your frustration. The current situation is certainly flawed, but your proposed solution is equally flawed. It probably would lead to a few less touts gaining access to tickets for resale, but most touts are not complete fools so if the market for LC tickets is profitable enough then they will easily jump through a tiny little hoop to gain access to the market, given advanced notice that the hoop obstacle is in place. Remember, on the internet nobody knows you're a dog! Added problems arise as you raise the hoop higher off the ground; now you're potentially punishing those who regularly read and browse the forum/files but refrain from posting. You'd also be forcing users to make posts until they reach the threshold in order to obtain benefits. This would lead to many frivolous posts by users who rather would not be posting, bringing down the overall average quality of the forum posts (which I must say, is currently quite impressive :) ) Music fans come in all shapes and colours, and only some of them express their enthusiasm through direct regular participation in an internet forum. Many true fans live extremely busy lives and don't have time for internet forums. These are just a few of the problems with your proposed solution. It's a problem in need of a solution, but it's a very tricky problem and so something so simple as a member post requirement may cause more problems than it fixes. Do you really want to risk punishing a lot of fans in order to potentially punish a hundred ticket scalpers?
These forum presales give busy fans a second chance to get tickets, if they are savvy enough fans to search the webs and find out about the presale ahead of time. That's a good thing, and yes it will be exploited by some but overall I believe it remains a good thing.

Cheers

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”