All concerts of the North American tour now announced!

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

All concerts of the North American tour now announced!

Post by jarkko »

Concerts of the Spring 2013 Tour:

March 2, 2013 - Oakland, CA - Paramount Theatre
March 6, 2013 - Victoria, BC - Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
March 9, 2013 - Regina, SK - Brandt Centre
March 11, 2013 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
March 13, 2013 - Chicago, IL - Chicago Theatre
March 15, 2013 - Milwaukee, WI - Milwaukee Theatre
March 18, 2013 - Tampa, FL -David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts – Carol Morsani Hall
March 20, 2013 - Miami, FL - James L. Knight Center
March 22, 2013 - Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre
March 24, 2013 - Memphis, TN - Orpheum Theatre
March 28, 2013 - New Orleans, LA - Mahalia Jackson Theater
March 30, 2013 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre
April 2, 2013 - Wallingford, CT - Toyota Oakdale Theatre
April 6, 2013 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
April 9, 2013 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum
April 13, 2013 - Halifax, NS - Halifax Metro Centre
April 15, 2013 - Saint John, NB - Harbour Station
April 17, 2013 - Moncton, NB - Moncton Coliseum
April 20, 2013 - St. John’s, NL - Mile One Centre

PRESALE 1

Pre-sale to the Radio City Hall concert in New York: Friday Jan 11 (9 am Eastern Time) -Thurs Jan 17 (10 pm ET).
Pre-sale tickets to New York will NOT be Will Call.
Public sale Jan 18 (9 am ET).
There will also be VIP tickets with merchandise package.
More at viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33338

PRESALE 2

This presale is to all other concerts except New York:
Tuesday January 15 (10 am-10 pm on Tuesday exclusive time for Forum members only, continues through Thursday with other presales)
Only exception: Pre-sale to Tampa opens at noon EST, other details the same.

Public sale to these concerts on Friday, January 18 (the on sale opens individually between 9 am and noon, local time).
Pre-sale tickets will be Will Call. There will also be VIP tickets with merchandise package.
More at viewtopic.php?f=77&t=333380
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Al concerts of the North American tour now announced!

Post by jarkko »

...and here is the press release:
(Complete release in pdf format at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/03press.pdf)

LEONARD COHEN’S “OLD IDEAS WORLD TOUR”
ADDS SECOND NORTH AMERICAN LEG
TO MEET OVERWHELMING POPULAR DEMAND

SOLD-OUT SHOWS AND RAVE REVIEWS LEAD TO ADDED DATES
Tickets On Sale Friday, January 18th at 10:00AM

Los Angeles, CA – January 9, 2013 – In response to overwhelming fan demand, Leonard Cohen’s acclaimed “Old Ideas World Tour” has just added a second North American leg. After enchanting audiences worldwide, the legendary singer/songwriter/poet culminated the first series of North American dates with breathtaking engagements at New York’s Madison Square Garden and Barclays Center on December 18th & 20th – and fans were left wanting more. The new round of dates will begin at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, CA on March 2nd, and will include encore performances in New York City and Chicago; as well as dates in Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Winnipeg, and more. The tour will also visit a number of cities where Cohen will be performing for the very first time, including New Orleans, Memphis and Louisville.

Tickets will go on sale beginning Friday, January 18th at 10:00a.m. (local time). For additional tour information, please visit http://www.LeonardCohen.com and http://www.AEGLive.com.

Night after night, Leonard Cohen and his band of expert musicians have earned five-star reviews and left audiences spellbound. MTV Hive recounted that “Cohen sprinted to the mic at the beginning of the evening, and skipped offstage at the end, and in between, delivered a reminder of everything that has made him the icon and legend that he is.” MSN gave a glowing assessment that “There are great ones, and then there are the ones where it seems the whole outside world has disappeared and nothing exists but what’s happening between artist and audience. This was one of those, full of goose-bump moments.” Los Angeles Times reported that “Cohen's generosity was real—nearly 30 songs worth—and it confirmed his place as one of the most accomplished songwriters of the past four decades.” Variety was impressed by how “he captivated, charmed and conquered a sold-out audience, hardly seeming to break a sweat in the process,” and Fort Worth Star-Telegram was equally captivated: “Seeing someone of Cohen's stature continue to draw so much evident joy from sharing his art with an adoring audience restores a person's faith in music.” Rolling Stone remarked that Cohen “left no doubt that he's as vital–both physically and as a cultural asset–as he's ever been,” and Oakland Tribune simply stated “All hail Leonard Cohen.”

Promoted by AEG Live and presented in Canada by CBCMusic.ca, the tour celebrates Cohen’s highly acclaimed twelfth studio album, Old Ideas, which debuted at #1 across the globe to make it the highest charting album of his career.

Cohen’s current band features Sharon Robinson and the Webb Sisters (background vocals), Roscoe Beck (musical director & bass), Neil Larsen (keyboards & Hammond B3 accordion), Mitch Watkins (guitar), Javier Mas (bandurria, laud, archilaud, 12-string acoustic guitar), Rafael Gayol (drums, percussion), Alexandru Bublitchi (violin).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mutti

Re: All concerts of the North American tour now announced!

Post by mutti »

Thank you Jarkko and Marie and everyone else for the presale to these new concerts! Thank you Leonard for taking more time to tour in North America...very exciting news.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mirroring Mutti's comments, a huge thank you to Jarkko and Marie for the presales, and looking forward so much to the difficulty of deciding which concerts to attend! What a wonderful opportunity! :D
holydove

Post by holydove »

WOW!!! This is sooo amazing!!! Not only will Leonard be in North America, on the East Coast, & in NYC, but he will come to my home state of Connecticut!! I am totally overjoyed, ecstatic, etc., etc. . .!!

I had a (premonitory?) dream last night, that Leonard was staying in the guest room of my house. . .

Thank you, thank you, thank you - to Jarkko & Marie, Robert Kory, Rob Hallet, all members of Leonard's management team, & esp. to Leonard Cohen & the UHTC, including all members of the crew!! I cannot wait to see you all again in North America!!

And if Mr. Cohen, or any member of the UHTC, needs a place to stay in CT, my door is always open & we can turn another one of my dreams into reality. . .
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you so much to everyone, first especially Leonard, for your willingness to continue on the road for us and for you. Perfect timing that last night I just finished Sylvie's sublime book and this morning have the announcements of my dearest wish to see you, again. Thank you to everyone who surrounds you to make this possible... beginning with Robert Kory and from so long ago, Rob Hallett. Thank you to Jarkko and Marie for your integral and essential parts in making all of this happen for us.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Jarkko ~ Do you know if the prices are to be approximately the ongoing same?
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I don't have the prices yet (except Radio City Music Hall, best category without VIP package = $270 (unconfirmed)). Many of the venues are much smaller than last year's, so we will see.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Jarkko. That sounds like it'll be about the same, even unconfirmed.
The smaller venues could result in higher prices, though.
~ Oscar Wilde
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

I am amazed ! - a overweighted number of North American dates at the beginning of this tour - far surpasses the ealy part of UHTC tour - sort of makes you feel our fellow North Americans are finally "getting it"!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

I can't believe what I am reading. He just do not take a rest does he? Thank you Jarkko and Marie for these wonderful news, now comes the task where to go. I am so excited. -1000 times thank you. Jutta
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

jarkko wrote:I don't have the prices yet (except Radio City Music Hall, best category without VIP package = $270 (unconfirmed)). Many of the venues are much smaller than last year's, so we will see.
Tickets priced $69.50-$250.00

http://www.radiocity.com/events/2013/ap ... cohen.html
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

holydove wrote:WOW!!!

I had a (premonitory?) dream last night, that Leonard was staying in the guest room of my house. . .

And if Mr. Cohen, or any member of the UHTC, needs a place to stay in CT, my door is always open & we can turn another one of my dreams into reality. . .
Rachel - what you wish for very occasionally comes true :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
John K.

Post by John K. »

musicmania wrote:
Tickets priced $69.50-$250.00
Hopefully the quality of the presale seats will be at the level it was on the 2012 tour! I coulda hit our man with a snowball from my seat at the Air Canada Centre, and I never had much of an arm to begin with!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
Inspector Javert

Post by Inspector Javert »

I never dreamed he'd be back in Tampa.

Same venue as last time, hoping for seats that are just as good as last time which were 3rd row dead center. Morsani Hall at the Straz Center is a great venue for him.

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”