Presale to New York

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Presale to New York

Post by jarkko »

Our presale to New York has closed on Thursday January 18.
General onsale links here:

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=33337
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
its4inthemorning

Re: PRESALE TO NEW YORK ON FRIDAY (Jan 11)

Post by its4inthemorning »

If one is looking for a seating chart, go to

http://musichall-ny.com/?gclid=CMWEw8CG ... 4Aod3SUA7Q

and scroll down to Leonard's event and click "view tickets."

This is not the venue's site, as you can see they are already touting the better seat tickets for almost $700. Wonder if the early emergence of scalpers relates to the fact that, for this concert, the tickets are NOT will-call?

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Jarkko ~ How can they be doing this!?! Such HUGE blocks of tickets! And ALL at shamelessly inflated prices!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Those companies don't have the tickets they are offering. Note that they don't give any exact seat numbers, just an approximate location.
I discussed this with AEG, and they told that it unfortunately is a common practice of the scalpers. It happens on all events.
When asked, the sellers say they cannot guarantee those “exact” locations, but they "will be similar". Then they try to buy the tickets
at face value from various pre-sales and general sales. From their clients they charge 2-3 x more.
So, it is all a way to drive people to look at their website. and get them order (for the time being) non-existent tickets.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay. Thanks for your detailed and understandably-explained response, Jarkko.
Here's hoping I get a decent seat now!
~ Oscar Wilde
jrothschild04

Post by jrothschild04 »

Where can I find the link and password that will be posted in PRESALE LINKS AND PASSWORDS when the presale opens???

Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33202 . When the presale begins, this -- "The next presale will be on Friday, January 11" -- will change to the link and password. -- Marie
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Is there at least a limit on the number of tickets that any one person can buy?
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: PRESALE TO NEW YORK NOW!

Post by jarkko »

The link & password have been posted.
biapereira

Post by biapereira »

I'm not finding the link & password.

***Go to the front page of the Forum (BOARD INDEX) and then find "PRESALE LINKS AND PASSWORDS" up there next to the Tour sections! / Jarkko***
cordelli

Post by cordelli »

Thanks everybody for your efforts. It's nice once in a while to get in before the scalpers gobble up all the tickets. Your work is very very much appreciated.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It would be interesting to hear it works. I have tested several times and would be able to get regular tickets but no VIP packages.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Thank you for the presale.

However, I did something really stupid. I logged in as soon as the password appeared in Jarkko's post, & the first offer I got (for "best available") was row PP. That seemed pretty far back, so I searched again. The seats offered were worse, so I searched again, & they were even worse. So I stopped searching & accepted the 3rd offer, which is 1st mezzanine, Row G. Oh well - disappointing, but at least I will be there. . .

I guess maybe the touts found a way to grab the best goodies even sooner than our presale opened. I wonder why the tickets are not will-call - (this is NYC, after all. . .definitely no shortage of touts there!), & was anything at all done to prevent the touts from getting in?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Seats offered in rows CC, DD, GG, JJ, LL, PP, as reported in emails.
Looks like you don't have to enter the password if you want the VIP package.
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Jarkko,

Thank you once again for doing this for us. I got tickets in row NN, right side when I first tried and decided not to risk losing them. When I tried a few minutes after I bought the tickets I could have got row JJ but when I tried just now all tickets in that price range seem to have been sold!

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
holydove

Post by holydove »

jarkko wrote:It would be interesting to hear it works. I have tested several times and would be able to get regular tickets but no VIP packages.
Jarkko, after you type in the weird words they show you, a window comes up & you can choose diamond, emerald or sapphire tickets, or regular fan club tickets - it's all in the same window, if I remember correctly, underneath the option for fan club tickets are all the VIP options. I just tried it in order to answer your question & it worked; however, they then offered me tickets in row EE & I could not resist, so I now I have an extra set of tickets & I might be killed by my spouse. . .but I'm happy, at least for now. . .

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”