LEEDS - Large amounts of tickets still for sale.

A new, growing section for more exciting news
FOXWOOD

LEEDS - Large amounts of tickets still for sale.

Post by FOXWOOD »

There are still a very large number of tickets for sale in Leeds for next week. ( see seating plan link)

http://www.eventim.co.uk/Tickets-leonar ... =erdetaila

Leeds Arena and Manchester Arena are only 40 or so miles from each other and so It was a little optimistic to fill both venues.

I presume that there has been some deal by the brand new Leeds Arena to attract artists there as it is in competiton with both Manchester and Sheffield arena.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
James T

Re: LEEDS - Large amounts of tickets still for sale.

Post by James T »

Lots of tickets are being given away for Manchester. My buddy just got some free off seefilmfirst whatever that is, and the evening news have 25 pairs to give away as well as numerous other sites. Looks like it should fill up.

I really wanna try and track down some comps or win tickets for my mum and dad, couldn't afford to buy them tickets.
James T

Post by James T »

although it is worrying you can still get 3 tickets side by side in the front centre block 7 rows back. Very odd.

I hope this doesn't put them off returning should there be a European leg in future. Nicer venues would have sold out immediately, I'm sure. Either way, I don't care cause I get to see the great man.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

James T wrote:although it is worrying you can still get 3 tickets side by side in the front centre block 7 rows back. Very odd.
Not odd at all James. Two factors. The close proximity of Leeds and Manchester. Unsold VIP packages. Whilst several thousand seats in Scottish venues could've easily been sold had the tour been allowed to come here.

I've just checked and I can get a single seat front row block C in Leeds. That opportunity wasn't there a few days ago at normal prices. Was for VIP package though. This, another example of the corporate greed of AEG.

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
James T

Post by James T »

Such a shame, hope it doesn't impact the performance if there's empty seats!
CathyM

Post by CathyM »

Re whether or not a smaller crowd will impact on the performance in Leeds.

I have seen many concerts on this tour and have three more to go, though sadly not Leeds, which is a shame as I am from there originally but live in London now.

One of the Ghent concerts, one of three in a row there, had an unusually quiet crowd who very weren't familiar with his newer stuff and didn't respond in the usual way at key moments.

My impression was, and I had a front row seat and previous concerts to compare it with, that Leonard Cohen enjoyed that and upped his game even further, as if was almost more interesting for him to win over a crowd, which he did of course.

I like to think that an emptier stadium, if that's how it turns out, will inspire him to equal or greater heights if that's possible. I think you'll have a great night. Wish I could be there.
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

I wouldn't worry about the possibility of an empty arena. This would not be the first time a concert is undersold (if this indeed is what has happened). Often when this does happen, the seating is consolidated a few days before the show, so that tickets for distant seats are reassigned to seats closer to the stage. This creates a more intimate atmosphere-- so don't worry, the concert experience will be great.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Ronaldson wrote:I wouldn't worry about the possibility of an empty arena. This would not be the first time a concert is undersold (if this indeed is what has happened). Often when this does happen, the seating is consolidated a few days before the show, so that tickets for distant seats are reassigned to seats closer to the stage. This creates a more intimate atmosphere-- so don't worry, the concert experience will be great.
Not in the least bit worried. I'll enjoy the gig, and I've no doubt Leonard and the band will as well. Both you and Cathy seem to be missing the whole point of the thread. This is a great error of judgement on the part of the promoter. Look at the similar thread for Manchester. They've resorted to giving tickets away there. :roll: Why have two large venue gigs in such close proximity? Remember, this one has been moved from a Thursday to a Saturday. Christ knows what would have happened if it had remained a mid week gig.

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
CathyM

Post by CathyM »

Just responding to James T''s posting on a possible impact on the performance.

My take is that the people of Leeds get to see Leonard Cohen perform there for the first time since 1972, and there's room for others too. Manchester gets another concert too. Great. The atmosphere, performance and enjoyment of all concerned will not be diminished. Where's the downside? The promoter loses a tiny amount relative to the massive profits made on the whole tour. So what?

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”