CONCERT REPORT: Hamburg, Germany, July 14, 2013

A new, growing section for more exciting news
susanne30072009

Re: CONCERT REPORT: HAMBURG, JULY 14

Post by susanne30072009 »

Hartmut wrote:Hallo Uwe,
susanne30072009 wrote:Sorry, I was at the Germany-Concerts.... and he did sung it at 2 Occasions; surely in Hamburg, but NOT in Berlin and NOT in Oberhausen... have checked the records....
In Berlin he sang the line. At least this year.
Hi Hartmut
You're absolutely right, I mixed up the Concert-Locations... it's exactly "otherwise"....
But so or so: I like it very, very much, when he did sing it.... it's one of my favorites
Especially with the Extra-Line "and there are with me right here, right here tonight".... I like it!!
So I'm glad, that you have the CDs too... It's a "treasure", isn't it? Can't wait to have the Berlin-CDs and DVDs...
And: tomorrow, I will flight to Vienna, then the next Stop is my Hometown, Zürich (which is sadly always not the best Shows.... has nothing to do with Leonard or the UHTC..
It doesn't matter, who is Playin' in the "German-speaking-Part of Switzerland", but the Audience is very cold, very "reserved"...
They barely standing up or sing a Line, say by "So long Marianne" or so...
And forget a long standing ovation... it doesn't really matter, which Performer is on the Stage...
Swiss-People are very friendly, but not "extroverted".... this is good for Business; but in a Concert, I prefer the Audience, who's "takes a Part" of the Show...
That's why I go to Live-Performances.
And especially to Leonard-Cohen-Gigs....
I wrote two weeks before: you cannot compare a Performer, a Singer or a Poet with each other, but Leonard stand in his own League...
Nobody reached him in the Way he treating his Audiences, his Fans.... at least, this is so for me...
Sorry, it's a little bit longer, than I thought, but when it becomes to Leonard-Cohen-Concerts or Albums, I can't hardly hold myself....
Sorry for the "mixing-up"...
Uwe
Hartmut

Re: AW: CONCERT REPORT: Hamburg, Germany, July 14, 2013

Post by Hartmut »

Hallo Uwe,

Thanks for the clarification.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna and Zurich. We'll show the Zurich audience how it is done!
sturgess66

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Hamburg, Germany, July 14, 2013

Post by sturgess66 »

Happy24

Post by Happy24 »

Sorry, wrong thread, I posted my review of the Prague and Vienna shows here accidentaly...and moved it into the right topic
crista

Post by crista »

Great photo, Albert. Many thanks for sharing.
1979 Cologne Messehalle 8 - 2012 New York Madison Square Garden - 2013 New York Radio City Music Hall x2; Zurich Hallenstadion
Albert

Post by Albert »

Hi Crista
thank you for your kind words.

It might have been a special evening for me, if there is no tour in 2015 , it was my last Cohen show.
Many fine memories since my first concert in the early 70s.

I enjoyed the concert , it was good with some great moments.
Particularly I liked Lover, Lover , Lover, where the musicians were a bit loose and the arrangement is not so
worn out yet.
But some other highlights too, so I had a good time, I managed to get the frontrow at the encores, which is always nice.
Attachments
IMG_1743.jpg

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”