URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
jackiet

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Post by jackiet »

I actually raised this issue on the forum on 23rd May this year, there are several replies and I was told that Leonard would have been consulted - he obviously wasn't!!! Why didn't anyone take me seriously? I can't believe this has been allowed to happen again after Verona last year! I do feel sorry for those affected, luckily I'm a 30 minute train journey away

Jackie
SylviaB

Post by SylviaB »

Hi Jackie, true you said it - and I checked the answer you got. Leeds is for Rosh Hashana (New Year) and London Yom Kippur - the answer was, that it shouldn t consider a problem as it ends on the evening of the 14th. The thing with Yom Kippur is, that you have to fast the whole day - one can impossibly have a concert immediately the moment after 24 of fasting. At least I couldn t.
I am so sorry, that this has happened again and jewish holidays simply have been overlooked - this is very sad, especially for all the people, who had planned to go. I spent too much money and holidays this year already in travelling, that I did not opt for UK and don t travel on those days eighter.
I don t understand, why management or AEG is unable to learn from previous mistakes. And Leonard, gentleman as he is, he has put his name under the message. It could also happened to me and I wish to express my empathy to all who have now problems to attend.
Sylvia
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

I now have to explain to a 12 year old that although I promised her a (very, very good) ticket to see Leonard on Saturday 14 September, I can't have her staying up that late on Sunday 15 September given that she has school the next day. It's not a conversation I'm looking forward to, as she will be terribly upset. Of course, I could just go with it and let her be tired the next week at school but I don't think her Mother would see the funny side of that. I was so looking forward to taking her.

It's incredibly annoying. Of course I understand and accept the reasoning, but this could have been anticipated and factored into to the original timing.
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I can't help wondering if it's legal to change an event when reasons for the change could have been foreseen? That said, I guess people are always taking a risk if they book for travel and accommodation in connection with going to a gig (and especially if the artist is nearly 80)!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have received an email from AEG confirming that our members will have extra 10 days to ask for refund
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
BrokenBanjo

Post by BrokenBanjo »

So sorry for those affected. We all know how expensive travel and hotels are, and this is totally inacceptable.
As this was totally foreseeable and easily preventable, I agree with the advice above for Brits to check out the Small Claims Court.
Even more concerned for people coming from abroad with even more expense and possibly no redress.
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
holydove

Post by holydove »

I have not received any email about this from AXS. Fortunately, I will be able to attend the concert on 9/15 (I would not traverse the seas to stay for only one day!), but should I be worried that I didn't get an email (of course, I never got the e-ticket that I purchased either. . .).And is there something one has to do if one is not cancelling or asking for a refund?
Poolie

Post by Poolie »

Absolutely dismayed to learn of the change of dates for the Leeds and London dates, especially after the clash with Jewish religious dates had been pointed out by the likes of Jackie T on 23rd May, the very day the UK dates were announced.
After a similar reason for a change of date in Verona last year, this lack of communication between AEG and LC's management is completely unacceptable. We all love LC's concerts for many reasons, not least the warmth, the respect and consideration he and the band show to the audience so sincerely. It would appear that AEG/LC's management don't show a similar regard for their punters, who, as Zimmy66 says, are only pawns in their game. Ok, sometimes changes have to be made, but this was avoidable.
It's ironic that the tours started back in 2008 because of a pension crisis. I would imagine that a great many of Leonard's devoted followers are
themselves pensioners. While I have lost nothing like Zimmy66's £400 or non-refundable flights like Caren and, I'm sure many others, £60 non-refundable hotel booking is a big waste for an ordinary pensioner.
I keep hearing Leonard's words," I know some of you have undergone financial and geographical inconvenience." Leonard, there hasn't been a concert since 2009 that didn't involve those two inconveniences.
I can't imagine that I'm the only one who delayed and delayed booking their holidays until the UK dates were announced. 5th September, Leeds? Right, we'll book our holidays for immediately after that. Luckily we've still got a couple of days' margin.
I'm afraid I'm coming around to Gallina's way of thinking about this being our last LC concert. 2013 - the year I said goodbye to a totally self-indulgent, self-congratulating Neil Young... and now Leonard?
Amidst all this, I must express my thanks to Jarkko, the man in the middle, for being so efficient, always, and for e-mailing AEG so promptly this morning.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

John Etherington wrote:I can't help wondering if it's legal to change an event when reasons for the change could have been foreseen? That said, I guess people are always taking a risk if they book for travel and accommodation in connection with going to a gig (and especially if the artist is nearly 80)!
That is a bit trite for you John. Yes, I knew the risk of Leonard being nearly 80 and may keel over at any time. :D Didn't factor in the risk of being royally shafted by him and his management though. If he did only find out about this yesterday, then his naivity knows no bounds. (of putting trust in others to manage his affairs)

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
Albert

Post by Albert »

Although I hold no London or Leeds ticket , I am deeply disappointed.
How can Leonard be so careless.
Did he not check his working schedule like all other workers.
Its too easy to blame AEG, its his very own fault.
Fooling thousands of ticketholders ,unbelievable.
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

I have taken legal action over this type of thing in the past although never anything so blatantly "guilty" as this situation.

I believe that the likes of AEG/Management think that they have got themselves 100% covered but generally rely on the inactivity of ticket holders to take legal action so their terms and conditions are rarely if ever tested in court.

I believe that anyone making a claim would have a good chance of getting an out of court settlement or would have a good chance of legal success. My experience in the small claims court is that judges will be very sympathetic towards a claimant and very unsympathetic towards a might company that should be able to organise itself properly. The fact that so many people pointed this out to them and so many other factors will all go against them and they will find themselves in deep trouble

Perhaps if a new thread was opened asking people to submit claims as well as their details then a group claim could be made. If enough people contributed just £10 or similar euros then some basic legal advice could be obtained. This kitty could be a form of fighting fund.

I think AEG/management would keel over very quickly but I am the eternal optimist. They certainly should pay for this "error"
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

clive cass wrote:I have taken legal action over this type of thing in the past although never anything so blatantly "guilty" as this situation.

I believe that the likes of AEG/Management think that they have got themselves 100% covered but generally rely on the inactivity of ticket holders to take legal action so their terms and conditions are rarely if ever tested in court.

I believe that anyone making a claim would have a good chance of getting an out of court settlement or would have a good chance of legal success. My experience in the small claims court is that judges will be very sympathetic towards a claimant and very unsympathetic towards a might company that should be able to organise itself properly. The fact that so many people pointed this out to them and so many other factors will all go against them and they will find themselves in deep trouble

Perhaps if a new thread was opened asking people to submit claims as well as their details then a group claim could be made. If enough people contributed just £10 or similar euros then some basic legal advice could be obtained. This kitty could be a form of fighting fund.

I think AEG/management would keel over very quickly but I am the eternal optimist. They certainly should pay for this "error"

Well, according Jarkko in another thread, AEG are monitoring this thread. So if they are, would they care to comment? There are some on here who would have Rob Hallett of AEG knighted because of his alleged alliegiance to Leonard and his fans.

Rob, as you are a member of this forum - care to comment?

***Actually I only said that I gave AEG the URL so that they would be able to follow the discussion / Jarkko***
To live outside the law you must be honest
holydove

London and Leeds

Post by holydove »

jarkko wrote: All members who have bought tickets online have already received an email from the ticket seller (if they had given a valid email address to the seller)
I bought tickets & have not received an email, & I have received other messages from them, so I know they have my email address. I called AXS, was rerouted a few times, kept on hold for about 20 min, & then the person who answered couldn't help me & I have to call back again in 15 min. Fortunately, I can go to the rescheduled concert, but I'm worried that I didn't receive an email, esp. since I chose the e-ticket option, & as I didn't receive this email, will I not receive my tickets either? Their greeting message, when one tries to call them, contains immediate info about problems receiving their emails, & how the unfound email might be in spam, etc., which leads me to believe there is something wrong with their messaging system, if so many people have problems receiving their emails, & perhaps they should think about fixing this issue. I never had that issue with any other ticket seller. . .
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Rob is a member of the forum (as RobH) but his last visit was on 2 April 2012. I guess someone else from AEG is monitoring the discussion.

Wendy
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

I am also very sorry for anyone affected by these concerts being re-scheduled.
This really should not have been allowed to happen.

With regards to any sort of legal claim however, the terms and conditions state...

12. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
THIS SECTION IS IMPORTANT AS IT SETS OUT THE LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY

1. You agree that neither we, nor Outbox, our respective holding companies, subsidiaries and subsidiaries of our holding companies, the Ticket Supplier, the venue operator and/or Event producer (our "Affiliates") nor their respective servants or agents will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property however caused: (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us or them or (b) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of these Terms and/or the Event Terms.

2. You agree that neither we nor our Affiliates shall be liable to you for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the Event and/or our obligations hereunder including but not limited to loss of profit, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity or loss of publicity or loss of reputation or opportunity to enhance reputation or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the performance (or any failure to perform) these Terms and Conditions.

I certainly didn't read them before I purchased my tickets - but I probably ticked a box saying I had read and agreed to them.

I do think it would be a nice gesture if those forum members who have lost significant amounts of money, from buying tickets from the special presales, were reimbursed.

"He was also concerned that if he did tour, there might not be an audience – crazy though that sounds now after Cohen notched up one of the biggest-grossing tours of the new millennium. His return was greeted with a tidal wave of love that he's been riding ever since, circling the world several times over, playing to the biggest audiences of his career."

I think that someone, should be able to find some money from somewhere to reimburse them.
Last edited by FOXWOOD on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”