URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
ScottM

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Post by ScottM » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:08 pm

cohenadmirer wrote:This is the email you should have recieved ( came into my inbox at 9.01 am BST this morning)

LEONARD COHEN'S SHOWS IN LEEDS AND LONDON RESCHEDULED
Thanks cohenadmirer. I haven't used your full quote to save space.

Others have also received the same email.

It appears that those of us who elected for etickets have not been informed by AXS.com. Jarkko has told us on the news thread that he has requested clarification.

Fairly unconcerned at the moment, although not sure that I can make it now as was going to stay overnight. Getting back home late on a Sunday Night/Monday morning might prove logistically challenging.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
Caren

Re: London and Leeds

Post by Caren » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Thank you, Jarkko. Much appreciated.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
meglos2000

Post by meglos2000 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 pm

I also opted for proper tickets but also have not received an email yet.

So looks like they have not managed to contact everyone at all.

The first I noticed the change was on this forum.
duffieldbish

Post by duffieldbish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Dear Jarkko

I've booked non-refundable train tickets and a hotel in London for 14.9.13. I'm planning to just book another return ticket for the Monday and book another hotel night. Can I be confident that there will be no more changes?

Best wishes

Jane DB
Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 pm

I am sorry for people who have lost money and vacation time.
I’m sure people will make the best of it but it's a shame that it came down like this.

Hats off to Jarkko and all those behind the scenes working hard to help people out!
Last edited by Cate on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conny

Post by Conny » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I'm really sorry for all who lose money and/or need to re-schedule their holidays because of the re-scheduling of the concerts.
For me as a freelance it means one day more without the chance to earn money, but for some reason I haven't booked the flights yet.

Dear brave Jarkko, always mailing to AEG, being the one to give us the bad messages, reading our sad and even upset mails - most appreciated!
Certainly Leonard is not to blame, as he says he's giving us every (concert)night all he's got to give - he's not a clerical worker!

I only hope that if there are more concerts to come the mangement is able to learn from these experiences.
1976&79: Frankfurt| 2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankf./Hamburg/Oberhausen| 2009: Cologne/Berlin/Colmar/Barcelona/Vegas/S.José| 2010: Salzburg/Berlin/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseille/Hannover/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warsaw/Vegas
2012: Gent/Amsterdam/Berlin/London/Dublin/Verona/Toulon/Paris/Barcelona/Madrid
2013: Paris/Antwerp/Mannheim/Brussels/Rome/Lucca/Berlin/Lodz/Prague/Vienna/Pula/Odense/Manchester/Leeds/London/Rotterdam/Amsterdam
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Just had an email from ENTS24 - selling the London and Leeds tickets as if they were new concerts!
By the way - I asked for one ticket for London - and Stalls C1, Row A, Seat 14 came up. Hope that helps someone! (I didn't buy it!)
Cilla
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:42 pm

AEG is working on the problems with emails and e-tickets reported by our members. Here is their initial response (but they will continue to investigate this and let us know).
We can't physically contact people who have opted out of receiving emails so anyone from our list who has "opted out" will get a call from the contact centre. But we'll investigate whether there's another reason. Shouldn't depend on ticket delivery method though.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:59 pm

I can only echo the annoyance of other forum members over this fiasco.

The only reason that I bought the London ticket in the first place was because the
concert was on a Saturday night. I can cancel my hotel without penalty but my flights
are booked (about Euro 160.-) and are non refundable. If I go I will have to spend an extra night
in the hotel and book another return portion of the flight, not to mention work on Monday.

You have to remember that these people do not give a damn. Airlines, promoters, insurance
companies - nobody cares, they are only out for profit and 'sorry for any inconvenience' takes
care of everything in their mind.

I work for a living like everyone else and I have spent a lot of money attending
Leonard Cohen (and other) concerts in Ireland, England, mainland Europe and the United States.
All were thoroughly enjoyable.

As previously stated, a number of forum members brought up this eventuality when the
presales were announced and even before they were made public. If these good folks
who were burned before could think of this then why not the management. It is a bit
like Christians being surprised by Christmas or Easter - it does not hold water for me.

I don't know about Leonard's religious beliefs but his profile states that in 1996 he was
ordained as a Rinzai Zen Buddist monk. Is he now practising Judism or Buddism.

It had to be simple for someone in the organisation to check with him first,
'God only knows' it took long enough for the UK shows to be announced in the first place.

For me the 'caveat emptor' does not apply here. If there was illness etc involved the we
can't blame anybody, but this was avoidable.

Whatever we say will have little effect. The show will go on, they will probably take in
around a million pounds, the cheers will ring out and 'everything will be ok' and nobody will care.

It is not the end of the world compared to some problems that people face, but in the present
economic climate most folks can't afford to waste money.

I do not know what I will do. This has soured a 'helluva ride' for me over the past four years.
We will see what tomorrow brings .....
meglos2000

Post by meglos2000 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 pm

I certainly did not opt out of receiving future emails, but have not received an email yet about my tickets.
NEW_IDEAS

Post by NEW_IDEAS » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm

So sad for all of you who have booked flights and hotels, most non-refundable. I´m not off to any Leo shows this time, seen him 5 times since 2008 and met him in person last year, is enough for me. Set-list the same... The sitting audience poetic and lame (should stay home and watch a dvd instead! It´s a live show, eh?)
I personally think the reason for cancelling is stupid, but then again I don´t put my beliefs in any pie in the sky when you die whatever be the creed... And I don´t think Leo himself has got anything to do with this at all. The most logic thing would be to add a 2nd show both in Leeds and Ldn. They would both sell out without a doubt leaving more money for his pension...
Finally, if in London on the saturday, get tickets for ROGER WATERS The Wall show at Wembley. He for one isn´t afraid of opening his mouth and confront the religious insanity around the world with all the crap that comes with it! "Tear down the wall"
L.C. - Helsingborg, Gothenburg, Copenhagen 2008. Malmö 2010. Copenhagen, Gothenburg 2012. ????????? 2026 :=)
Cilbo

Post by Cilbo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 pm

I wrote above -

Just had an email from ENTS24 - selling the London and Leeds tickets as if they were new concerts!
By the way - I asked for one ticket for London - and Stalls C1, Row A, Seat 14 came up. Hope that helps someone! (I didn't buy it!)

It's occurred to me that this might be a ticket which someone has needed to get a refund for, due to the change of date - if this is the case I really feel for that person. It must be gutting to have to give back any seat, especiallly such a good seat. This is such a horrible disappointment for so many people.
Cilla
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
holydove

Post by holydove » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 pm

I tried to send an email to AXS regarding the fact that I didn't get an email about the rescheduling, & haven't receive my e-tickets, but the email was returned to me with a message that it couldn't be delivered. I spent hours trying to reach someone, & I finally got a phone number for AXS London (that's the party you have to call), was on hold for a little while, but finally got a person on the other end. He said the e-tickets had been sent to me, he didn't know why I didn't receive them; so I asked him to give me the exact email address that the e-tickets would be sent from, & I put it in my contact list, & he re-sent them, & this time I received them right away. He said it didn't matter that they had previously been sent, because if I didn't receive them, they would have been returned & deleted, & could then be re-sent. The tickets I have now received have the new date on them, but the man I spoke with said they would have been honored even if the old date was on them. So all is well with that. The man said he didn't know why I hadn't received an email about the rescheduling, maybe they just hadn't gotten to everyone yet; but that doesn't matter anymore, since, thanks to our great Jarkko & the forum, we have that info anyway. BTW, thank you to Jarkko et el for all your efforts - it is greatly appreciated.

For anyone else who wants to call AXS London about these issues, the phone number that finally worked is: 0-844-824-4824 (the "0" is actually 011-44 (+local number) for me, but I don't know what it is for everyone else). I hope that helps. If you want to email instead of calling, I think the address is: support@axs.com, but I'm not 100% sure, I lost the paper I wrote it on, & as I said, that didn't work for me - but maybe someone else will have better luck.

I think it's really misguided to blame Leonard for this. He has quite enough to think about in terms of touring & performing, & as has been said, management does the scheduling & should be aware of these holidays - Rosh Hashannah & Yom Kippur are the High Holy Days in the Jewish calendar - the most important 3 days of the year. And it's not just "religious ideals" that are factors here. If Leonard is going to be fasting all day, then he shouldn't be performing that night, & I'm very glad that he is taking care of himself & I thank him for that. I'm sure nobody wants another onstage fainting episode - that would be really horrible!! He has performed many times on Sabbath Eve, which is something that orthodox Jews wouldn't do, so I don't think it's just a matter of religious ideals. Of course, I am very sorry for all those who are losing money, etc. - that is a very difficult situation & doesn't make anyone happy. But if someone is to be blamed, I think it would have to be management. And to suggest that Leonard is undertaking these huge tours just for money & that's all he cares about, is completely beyond the pale. I think we have lifetimes of undeniable evidence to the contrary. Things happen, things change, people make lots of mistakes, life is not easy. There are much worse things happening in this world. I'm not saying this repeated mistake is in any way justifiable, but we still need to remember that we are very fortunate that Leonard Cohen is willing & able to come back to us, again & again - to do so much travelling & performing, so that so many people can have the joy & privilege of seeing him & bathing in the wondrous realms that he creates each & every time he walks onto the stage.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Very nice post Rachel.
The email address for queries about all this is , i'm pretty sure
supportuk@axs.com

David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I opted for etickets and never opted out of any email communication. I just learnt of this on the forum and my hotel and flights are non refundable. Ok, these things happen. Except I seem to remember someone raising this on the forum the day the dates were announced and we were told not to worry. Such a pity. It sort of spoils things regarding what was an excellent pre-saleexperience and great seats! The fact that this forum exists probably means we get to know too much ... but really, not to have thought of this in advance is an error by someone .. not to mention, if I did not read the forum regularly (and many people don't) then I would not yet know :-(

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”