URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Caren

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Postby Caren » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm

I fully agree with what Gingermop has said.

An artist is not involved in the planning of tour dates and as I have stated above already Leonard cannot be expected to double check arrangements made by his management or whoever.

I also want to say that I am fully confident Leonard does it all for the music and not for the money. I saw his eyes during the performances since the beginning of this tour. And what you find in them is passion and pure joy for the music and certainly not greed.

I am one of those affected by the change of dates. This unfortunate affair costs me about 500 Euros which I do not really have to spare. Still I would never blame Leonard. I am not religious myself but I do respect his commitment to religion.
Last edited by Caren on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
LHHUNTER

Postby LHHUNTER » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Sorry Caren and Gingermop but I think you are missing the point. Fine if LC is sensitive to performing on certain dates for religious reasons but surely he has the responsibility to inform the management of this in advance so as to avoid what has just happened. It's simple.
Caren

Postby Caren » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm

@ LHHUNTER - his management has been his management for how many decades now? I expect them to be aware of Leonard 's religious commitments by now.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Sqezekid

Postby Sqezekid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Would it have been so hard for the organisers of the tour to have a look at a Jewish calendar when setting the tour dates? Especially after Verona last year?
A simple Google search threw up this calendar...
http://www.chabad.org/holidays/default_ ... lidays.htm
Luckily, these changes don't affect me personally, but considering how long these tickets have been on sale for, it is very slack of someone not to have done some basic checks to have prevented fans being out of pocket for a repeat of last year's mistake!
LHHUNTER

Postby LHHUNTER » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Then maybe he should have written them down.
Caren

Postby Caren » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Sorry, I am writing this from tapatalk and cannot edit my previous post. What I need to add is that I do not think this is alright and just should be shrugged off. This is clearly a severe mistake done by someone in his management. All I am saying is that Leonard himself is not to blame.
clive cass

Postby clive cass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:46 pm

I do have to add that whilst I believe any action would have to be taken against AEG my gut feeling is that Leonard's Management are to blame here assuming that Leonard himself was not aware of the clash of dates but originally was not concerned but has had a change of heart or had his heart changed.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:47 pm

ScottM wrote:
jarkko wrote:All members who have bought tickets online have already received an email from the ticket seller (if they had given a valid email address to the seller)
I do not think that I am alone in not receiving an email from the ticket seller.
I know that AXS.com has my email address as I received ticket confirmation when I originally purchased for the London Sep 14th concert.
I also have elected for the e-tickets option.

No panic at the moment, however if anyone can confirm that we will all be notified by the ticket seller of the change soon, I would be most grateful.
This is the email you should have recieved ( came into my inbox at 9.01 am BST this morning)

LEONARD COHEN'S SHOWS IN LEEDS AND LONDON RESCHEDULED

When Leonard Cohen learned yesterday that two of his U.K. concerts were scheduled on days of solemn religious observance, he respectfully asked AEG to move the dates. We at AEG, and Leonard, apologise deeply for the inconvenience this will cause, and we hope and trust that the reasons for the changes will be understood.

Sincerely,
AEG
Leonard Cohen

FULL UK ARENA TOUR 2013

AUGUST

26 BOURNEMOUTH BIC
28 BRIGHTON CENTRE
31 MANCHESTER ARENA

SEPTEMBER

03 CARDIFF MOTORPOINT ARENA
07 LEEDS FIRST DIRECT ARENA **rescheduled date**
08 BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA
15 LONDON THE 02 **rescheduled date**

All tickets remain valid for the rescheduled dates. Any customers who cannot make the new dates and wish to have a refund will need to notify the AXS Contact Centre team by Friday 12th July on 08448 24 48 24 or supportuk@axs.com.

Thanks,
-AXS Team

So Leonard only learned of his tour schedule yesterday, and they managed to reschedule in just 24 hours ?? :roll:
Best to email- the phone number is expensive if you get put ' on hold'
Last edited by cohenadmirer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Mabeanie1

Re: London and Leeds

Postby Mabeanie1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:49 pm

ScottM wrote:I do not think that I am alone in not receiving an email from the ticket seller.
I know that AXS.com has my email address as I received ticket confirmation when I originally purchased for the London Sep 14th concert.
How odd. I received an e-mail first thing this morning, at 09:01. Maybe they are sending the notifications out in batches? I opted for a "hard" ticket so I had a souvenir of the concert - easy for me as I don't have to worry about tickets arriving before I leave home, just so long as it arrives by the morning of the concert that is. Most if not all of those who have not received any notification yet seem to have chosen e-tickets. Maybe e-ticket notifications are coming later ......

Wendy
James T

Postby James T » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

I don't think it's something to shrug off, but I don't think it has changed my opinion of large tours and shows and management companies. We don't particularly matter because they know people will be there. Leonard doesn't particularly matter to most of the people involved in the actual scheduling and booking of a tour. Not to the venues, the promoters, nada. If he doesn't play, there will be someone else to book.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: London and Leeds

Postby jarkko » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:52 pm

I have asked AEG about the emails and etickets.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 pm

jarkko wrote:I have received an email from AEG confirming that our members will have extra 10 days to ask for refund
Thankyou jarkko, and hopefully AEG also know it would be unfair to stick to the original tight deadline for non forum members so will extend the deadline for ALL ticketholders
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
scocoh

Postby scocoh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:04 pm

From May 23:
Mabeanie1 wrote:
jackiet wrote:I've just got home from work and put the O2 date on my calendar only to see that 14th September is Day of Atonement. I remember when we went to Verona last year that concert date had to be changed and it was suggested that it was due to Day of Atonement!!
Oh dear. They can't do it again, can they???

Wendy
Very sorry for all who got burned. What a crying shame after the same thing happened JUST! LAST!! YEAR!!! in Verona.

Too bad Leonard will retire sometime over the next few years. By the time he's 90 or so they should have the religious days down pat.

Jackie, please submit your resume to AEG-- they apparently need you.
yoeri

Postby yoeri » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Fans upset about (original) dat es:

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/10901 ... pur-o2-gig

That said, all should have been done to prevent this shift. Not much is needed tot prevent it... So I really dont understand it...
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
LC&LC

Postby LC&LC » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 pm

It looks like I haven't learnt patience, despite Jarkko's advice...
I had waited until we had confirmation that a concert on Sept 14th was ok despite Kippur before booking my Eurostar.... now it's 88 euros down the drain... the thing is, if I still want to go on the 15th, I have to take at least the morning off from work (5.40am Eurostar is not an option for me) and that will be difficult to get. I can get over the 88 euros, it's the whole thing that makes me mad, I mean really mad!
For those who have lost more than I have, I'm really really sorry and hope a solution can be found for you.

no mail from AEG yet by the way
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”