URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Vicomte

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Postby Vicomte » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Oh no, not again, this fiasco could have been quite easily avoided.

LC states what dates he cannot perform...job done. Kory asks what dates LC cannot perform...job done. Hallett asks LC what dates he can't perform...job done. It's totally wrong and time for AEG and indeed L.C to reimburse those who cannot get refunds from hotels and travel. Apologies don't pay the rent, nor does it compensate for all the grief an avoidable cancellation occurs to those who have sorted out work and all other things one has to do to attend a gig. In their haste to book venues, no one involved was professional enough in their duties to ask the right questions..."Cohen" might have been a clue, added to the fact it is not the first time.

So sorry that some people will be affected by this sorry state of affairs, three times in recent years it has happened to us, so we know what a real pain it can be....

"It’s about 14 or 15 years. I was 60 years old at the time, just a kid with a crazy dream. Since then I’ve taken a lot of Prozac, Paxil, Welbutrin, Effexor, Ritalin, Focalin. I also turned to a rigorous and profound study of the religions and the philosophies, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.”
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Steve Wilcox

Postby Steve Wilcox » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:50 pm

:roll:
Last edited by Steve Wilcox on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:59 pm

FOXWOOD wrote:I do think it would be a nice gesture if those forum members who have lost significant amounts of money, from buying tickets from the special presales, were reimbursed.

I think that someone, should be able to find some money from somewhere to reimburse them.
That isn't going to happen. And what about people who lost money on cancelled etc travel arrangements associated with previous cancellations and rescheduling, myself included? To name but a few:

2010: March tour postponed for LC health reasons
2010: Hawaii cancelled
2010: Phnom Penh cancelled
2012: Verona concert rescheduled because of Yom Kippur(!)
2013: Regina and Winnipeg concerts rescheduled due to band illness
2013: Second St Johns show cancelled
2013: Mannheim concert rescheduled

I agree with everyone who has said that this mess re Leeds and London should not have happened - but then a lot of the previous concert changes should not have happened either. The bottom line is that you take a massive risk when you book non-refundable, non-changeable travel and hotel to go to a concert, be it Leonard or anyone else. A classic case of caveat emptor .....

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Steve Wilcox wrote:Admittedly everyone makes mistakes or overlooks certain details. But once one makes a commitment - whether to one other person or a thousand people - one must honour that commitment; especially when it was fully one's own mistake or oversight. The better man sucks it up and sticks to his half of the deal - even if it means working on a day he would rather not. To disrupt hundreds of others for one's own sake is unacceptable (unless for reasons of illness, family issues, weather/travel delays, or even poor tickets sales). Also, there are 9 other people on stage with, to the best of my knowledge, no limits on performing these days. I do not stand to lose a nickel on this one but, you may have guessed, I don't buy one's self-imposed-religious-based limitations as an excuse to impact others.
Well said Steve. That's exactly how I felt about the Verona date last year - and about Hawaii and .... well I won't go on.

Wendy
LHHUNTER

Postby LHHUNTER » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Seems to me that Leonards main focus nowadays is all about making money - perhaps it always was
Ingrid

Postby Ingrid » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:05 pm

So sad for so many people, all that waisted money !!!
We are lucky, only had to change hotels, no waiste of money, and it's true, many people are on holiday, what about them !
AEG or whoever, they better think twice and doublechecke before announcing any tourdates, shame on them !

Ingrid
Zimmy66

Postby Zimmy66 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm

LHHUNTER wrote:Seems to me that Leonards main focus nowadays is all about making money - perhaps it always was
Have to agree with you LH. Never thought I'd say that. Less than two weeks after being enthralled by him at the O2, I feel nothing but disgust at this wholly avoidable debacle. The whole thing just stinks.

" I never came all this way to fool you". Really?

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
clive cass

Postby clive cass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Terms and conditions will not hold up where the consumer could not have been reasonably expected to consider a situation so unreasonable like this.

I believe a judge would be very sympathetic to this case as he would be bound to agree that the actions of AEG/management were unreasonable.

The likes of AEG will not want this to become a test case whether or not they think they could win as the worse case scenario for them is to lose as this would open the floodgates for other claimants in this and other cases.

Push them slightly and they will fall heavily and settle out of court.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
Steve Wilcox

Postby Steve Wilcox » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm

;-)
Last edited by Steve Wilcox on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stackridge

Re: London and Leeds

Postby stackridge » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:44 pm

I have had the email about the change of the Leeds concert, I am very annoyed, I am one of those who will lose quite a bit of money, plus a lot of hassle. Not had this happen to me before so I now know how the Hop Farm fiasco affected people last year.
gingermop

Postby gingermop » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:52 pm

I don’t often read/comment here but came on to see what the new Leeds date was and I’m surprised at the angry responses.

As someone who works in media I know that it’s the management company and not the artist who arranges the logistics of the tour. The artist is generally not involved in the decisions of where to play or when. Leonard would not have had any part in the decision-making process and would not expect to have to feed back any information about the dates – AEG would just go ahead and create the schedule. Therefore he isn’t at fault when, as stated, he “learned yesterday that two of his U.K. concerts were scheduled on days of solemn religious observance, then respectfully asked AEG to move the dates.”

Yes, AEG should have known and noted the significance of Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, especially since this happened once before. They are at fault. But how can you blame Leonard? Why say it’s unreasonable? Nobody complains when religion informs his songs but complain bitterly when it informs his appearance in person. That’s incongruous in the least, disrespectful at worst.

Several years ago I’d presume the majority of this forum would just be grateful that Leonard was on tour at all, even more so now he’s financially solvent and so not forced to. Yet I hear people complaining now if their seat isn’t in the front rows, or if he doesn’t play a certain song, or if a date is moved for good reason. The tickets have only been on general sale (not pre-sale – another things fans take for granted) for a week or two. Therefore a date change doesn’t affect the majority as it’s been announced far in advance of the gig.

I am sorry that some people have flight and hotel bookings intertwined with the original dates. Perhaps write to the airlines and hotels involved and ask for leeway. But for most of you – frankly, I don’t like your tone.

Gina
ScottM

Postby ScottM » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:58 pm

jarkko wrote:All members who have bought tickets online have already received an email from the ticket seller (if they had given a valid email address to the seller)
I do not think that I am alone in not receiving an email from the ticket seller.
I know that AXS.com has my email address as I received ticket confirmation when I originally purchased for the London Sep 14th concert.
I also have elected for the e-tickets option.

No panic at the moment, however if anyone can confirm that we will all be notified by the ticket seller of the change soon, I would be most grateful.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
Caren

Re: London and Leeds

Postby Caren » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 pm

I second what ScottM has said. I haven't received an email and would appreciate a formal notification at some point to bring along to the venue on the changed date. Oh, and the online ticket in the first place, btw. For now - patiently waiting.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
joyezekiel

Postby joyezekiel » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:06 pm

ScottM wrote: I do not think that I am alone in not receiving an email from the ticket seller.
I know that AXS.com has my email address as I received ticket confirmation when I originally purchased for the London Sep 14th concert.
I also have elected for the e-tickets option.
I haven't received an email either.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
clive cass

Postby clive cass » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:08 pm

I agree with Steve but remain of the view that tangible costs such as travel, accommodation and even intangibles such as compensation for disappointment and stress could be won either in court or out of court.

Even if you attend the concert you may incur extra costs and suffer a degree of inconvenience and stress all which should be compensated for.

If you do have to miss the concert then make sure you get a refund of the booking fees as well as the ticket price. Of course if you do have to now miss the concert then you have an even stronger case for both the tangible and intangible costs.

The likes of AEG rely on people not suing them but once an action is taken they are on the back foot as they can either risk taking it to court in which case they might win or lose. If they win they have spent a lot on legal fees and lost a lot of goodwill. If they lose then not only do they lose this case but it sets a precedent for future cases. They will be under pressure to settle out of court.

The promotor may also not really care one way or another if they are insured or can counter claim against LC's management.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”