Meet up Berlin - Wednesday July 17, 2013

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Caren

Meet up Berlin - Wednesday July 17, 2013

Post by Caren »

Hi everyone,

we will only return to Berlin on the night before the concert but would like to organize a meet up anyway.

Our suggestion for a pre concert meeting would be the Schleusenkrug beergarden where we have met last year already. They provide nice food at reasonable prices and offer a choice of vegetarian dishes as well.

We will reserve tables there as well as at some other place nearby the venue for those who would like to have drinks or a light snack after the concert.

Also there are nice boat trips on the river Spree available that go alongside many of Berlin's main tourist attractions. We are happy to reserve seats for that as well . This could either be done on the day of the concert around noon ( might be a bit stressy though) or - better - on the day after the concert.

Please let us know if you are interested in participating in any of the above. Last year about twice as many people turned up as expected. This was great and we managed to get some extra tables but it's easier to know beforehand.

We are in Brussels for Leonard's concert tonight at the moment but will post more information including maps and directions soon.

Also we would have loved to provide name tags and lanyards as the wonderful people organizing the other meet ups had done - but because we are mostly on the road these days we won't manage. Sorry about this!

Looking forward to see as many of you as possible in Berlin!

Best wishes from Brussels,

Caren and Hans
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Heike

Re: Meet up Berlin - Wednesday July 17, 2013

Post by Heike »

Hi Caren and Hans,

Thank you for organizing the Berlin events again :-).
Count me in for the pre- and post-concert meetups.

Have a great time on the road and see you soon :razz: ,
Heike
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Count me in for the pre concert meet - up - will be coming from the UK Not sure if I can do a 12 noon boat trip the day after - will check my flight times and confirm one way or the other ! See you all in Berlin ! Cheers Steve
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Thank you Caren!
All the time travelling and you still have time to prepare something for us! :D :D
Count on Txell and me for the pre and post meet ups.
For the river trip the day after, wich sounds fantastic, we must be at 14h at Tegel.... :?
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
daniD.

Post by daniD. »

hi,

i will join you at schleusenkrug as well and will be very plesed to meet you all! Meritxell, finally we will meet! very good! d.
Tinkie

Post by Tinkie »

Dear Hans and Caren,
Count me in for pre- and post-meetup. Looking forward to seeing you.
Hug
Astrid
Tinkie

2008 : Lisboa, Vienna, Brussels 2x, Manchester - 2009 : Cologne, Antwerp, Lisboa, Barcelona
2010 : Gent 3x, Lille, Las Vegas 2x -2012 : Gent 5x, Verona, Paris, Lisboa -2013 : Paris, Antwerp, Brussels, Berlin, Dublin, Amsterdam
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Hi friends,
we are almost on our way to the airport for our next Leonard concert in Rome, butthought we should post some important Information about the meet up before that!

We reserved our tables at the Biergarten "Schleusenkrug" from 16:30h under the name of Leonard Cohen Forum,

When you get into to the beergarden just go down the stairs on the left from the food ordering counters. Our tables can be found next to the river downstairs. As Caren has mentioned before the place offers a nice selection of freshly prepared Foods, often organic and some vegetarian selections as well. You can order yourself at the counters so there is no set menu for us.

This is the address:

Schleusenkrug
Müller-Breslau-Straße
10623 Berlin / Charlottenburg
http://www.schleusenkrug.de/html.php
Underground and overground station Bahnhof-Zoologischer Garten
or
overground station S - Bahnhof-Tiergarten

The Schleusenkrug is right in the middle , about a 5 minutes lazy walk through the park from either station.

It's just a few stations by the overground to the venue from there. No worries we can all go together if you want to.

For after show drinks we have reserved tables outside at the Restaurant Via Nova at the Revaler Straße 9, 10245 Berlin which is just a short walk from the venue.
http://www.cafe-vianova.de/stadtplan.html
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Thank you Hans and Caren. :)
Both look like perfect locations!
Safe travels to Italy!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
HEKJ

Post by HEKJ »

Hi Hans and Caren

I'm glad I found this eventI would like to participate in the pre- and post-concert meetups.

Best regards
Helle
TineDoes

Post by TineDoes »

Thank you Caren and Hans for arranging this and giving us such clear information. Look forward to being there at the meet-up and spending time in your great city and of course the Concert.
Have a wonderful time on your travels.
Regards,
Tineke
"There’s no forsaking what you love ...."

Rotterdam 2008; Antwerpen, Dublin 2009; Gent 2x, Lille , Las Vegas 2x 2010, Gent, Amsterdam, Dublin 2x 2012, Antwerp, Berlin, Rotterdam 2013
karolus

Post by karolus »

Hi,

me too, I'll join you at the pre-concert meeting at Schleusenkrug, but from 6pm. See you there!
karolus

Post by karolus »

Hi! I'll be at the pre-concert and possibly the post-concert meeting as well. Thanks for organizing.

Cheers,
Karl
Caren

Post by Caren »

We are still in Lucca : )

Thank you for your messages, both on the forum and via email. We are looking forward to seeing you all in Berlin!

Best, Caren and Hans
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Hartmut

Re: AW: Meet up Berlin - Wednesday July 17, 2013

Post by Hartmut »

Pre & post: +2
Last edited by Hartmut on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

> We reserved our tables at the Biergarten "Schleusenkrug" from 16:30h under the name of Leonard Cohen Forum,

Isn't 16:30h kind of late?

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”