PRESALE TO THE UK SHOWS

A new, growing section for more exciting news
j9sunny

Re: PRESALE TO THE UK SHOWS

Post by j9sunny »

Just bought tickets for Birmingham. :D
Thanks Jarkko, again.
Slightly intrigues me that the service charges go up along with the price of tickets though...
denise knowles

Post by denise knowles »

Thanks Jarkko,
I have managed to get tickets for Manchester block B row J. So much simpler then ticketmaster.

Thanks again.
Denise.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Just want to add my belated thank you to Jarkko, Marie, AEG & everyone involved, for a great presale. As others have said, the process at the ticket seller's webite was very smooth & easy - I got up at 3:45 am & back to bed before 5 am - that hasn't happened in a long time :D Also, prices were very reasonable (esp. compared to N. America), & I got great seats for London! Thanks again for this very special amazing presale!
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Yes, belated but heartfelt thanks from me, too.
LuckyTourist1946

Post by LuckyTourist1946 »

:D
Thanks for running such a great and useful site, Jarkko!

I've just snapped up two Leeds First Direct Arena seats in the 5th row, aisle. Amazing!
Now waiting for replies to my offer of two seats in London at the O2, at cost.

Dennis, Luckytourist1946

---------------------------------
Details:

Dear MR BLAIR,

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

You have booked to attend LEONARD COHEN at The O2 arena, London on FRIDAY
21/06/2013 at 18.30

You have ordered the following tickets

Reference ******** - 2 SEATS at £85.75, including a booking fee of £10.75
for each ticket
Block 111 Row E From 347 To 348

Total cost also includes a transaction fee of £2.31

Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received
until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours
before the event, please contact us.
Last edited by LuckyTourist1946 on Wed May 29, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

Welcome to the American Express Cardmember presale page for Leonard Cohen's 2013 UK tour.

American Express Invites, is thrilled to offer Cardmembers the chance to book tickets from 13:00 until midnight 28 May 2013, before they go on general sale to the public on Friday 31 May 2013.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/fku ... ght_image1
fenellaphant

Post by fenellaphant »

Thank you Jarkko.
Comment, NOT complaint, but I was subscribed to get email notification of forthcoming events. I received that today.
Luckily I had been looking every now and then anyway so had already got great seats for Cardiff and Manchester.
Manchester is on my birthday. Exactly 43 yrs since I first wanted to see Leonard at the Isle of Wight ( but my parents wouldn't let me!).
I'm a little bit older now,so I'm gonna go!
Saw Leonard at Brighton Dome 70's. Has always been one of most important events in my life.
Feel so privileged to be able to commune with my lifelong inspiration and all my fellow devotees yet again after all these years.
KEEP ON TRUCKIN
Thank you all

***According to Forum logs, the email notifications have gone out as usual to a quite remarkable number of subscribers. I have also subscribed to it, to test it and to see that it works, and am receiving the email almost immediately. In many cases the email has gone to the spam folder of the receivers (that has happened to me, too!). Also some ISPs are filtering incoming emails and are deleting spam (something that they classify as spam) without forwarding it to the customer at all. --- Try to first unsubscribe the service and then re-subscribe it again. That should eliminate any technical problems of the Forum software, if there happened to be some volatility that we are not aware of.

The best way to make sure you don't miss anything is to log-in on regular basis. We try to give some advance warning as early as possible. For instance now we have told that there will be an announcement on June 4 although we cannot give any details yet. / Jarkko ***
fenellaphant

Post by fenellaphant »

Don't really need to say this cause I'm sure you all agree (or maybe not quite all)
I feel a tiny bit annoyed about people abusing the forum to profiteer
Last edited by fenellaphant on Fri May 31, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blink

Post by blink »

fenellaphant. Its a double edge sword & you will always get people trying to earn a fast buck. In this instance im actually glad they did simply because i wouldnt have known about these concerts without an email from a site called songkick (great site btw) Put in the names of artists you like & they will let you know when they have gigs in your area.
So if the tickets hadnt been made available by people on seatwave from this presale they songkick & i wouldnt have got the info. I think there was also a leak on facebook but i m one of the few people in the world that is not on there! So a bit of detective work & i signed up to the forum to get them & it worked out well (i lurk/read a few band forums but rarely register or post tbh) I tried to get tickets to the Man Opera house shows & failed. My uncle & his partner are big LC fans so i also got tickets for them (they never use online forums though).
Now I'm sure i signed up for the newsletter here a few years back but `the only email i can find doing a search now in my email is for the Adam Cohen tour & i got that in aug 11 Surely that cant be right?

I agree profiteering stinks & i hope nobody has bought tickets from these people (before general sale) I actually think with the size of venues & scale of this UK tour people who have bought tickets to do this could actually struggle & may lose money!
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

Another presale

First the Forum
Then American Express ( with very good seats as well)
Now an AEG presale

That is three presales that I am aware of - sometimes the venues have their own presale as well.
Will there be any seats left for the general sale?
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
Yiannis

Post by Yiannis »

FOXWOOD wrote:Another presale

First the Forum
Then American Express ( with very good seats as well)
Now an AEG presale

That is three presales that I am aware of - sometimes the venues have their own presale as well.
Will there be any seats left for the general sale?
Yeah, only a certain number of seats goes to presales
2012: 2x London (Wembley), Paris (Olympia) | 2013: 2x London (O2 Arena), Rome (Foro Italico Roma), Lucca (Piazza Napoleone), Manchester (Phones4U Arena), Birmingham (LG Arena) | 2014: ...
Oblomov

Password

Post by Oblomov »

I am disabled and I'm therefore trying to buy my ticket from the venue ticket office as it is not possible to purchase disabled tickets online. However, they required a password from the Forum in order to sell me a ticket before tomorrow. Forgive me if I am being dense, but I cannot find any info about a password on the Forum. Can anyone help me please.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We don't have any passwords for the UK shows. The tickets can only be reserved through the online booking system. I will ask AEG if they would have an alternative method to reserve seats for disabled persons, but it begins to be too late now - the general sale opens tomorrow, and I don't know WHICH concert you're going to.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Oblomov

Post by Oblomov »

Thank you very much Jarkko. I am hoping to go to the Bournemouth show as the BIC is a nice intimate venue that I know well. It is really frustrating that so many online tickets sites do not cater for disabled people. Thanks again, Oblomov.
margaret

Post by margaret »

In the past I approached the venue itself to buy tickets in a special disabled area with no problem. It depends on the venue but there is not the same huge demand for those seats. You are likely to be successful in getting them in the main general ticket sale, especially if you have already spoken to the venue ticket office who may be willing to reserve them for you.

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”