BRITISH TOUR

A new, growing section for more exciting news
DockOfTheBay

Re: BRITISH TOUR

Post by DockOfTheBay »

Noo! Not the 14th September! I'm seeing Roger Waters @ Wembley that night! :(

The 13th, however... Pleeeease! :-D

Mods: Apologies about my subsequent post, which I have deleted.
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Well it looks like the British tour dates are out -- at least on The Guardian website that is, with links to buy some tickets at overinflated prices via Viagogo and Seatwave.

Looks like it's:
26 Aug - Bournemouth
28 Aug - Brighton
31 Aug - Manchester
3 Sept - Cardiff
5 Sept - Leeds
8 Sept - Birmingham
14 Sept - London

What I want to know is this: why didn't I hear about the British tour date on this website first? With a presale at the face-value ticket price? And how have the touts (for that's all they are) got involved so early?
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

SimonB wrote: What I want to know is this: why didn't I hear about the British tour date on this website first? With a presale at the face-value ticket price? And how have the touts (for that's all they are) got involved so early?
errrrr.. were you looking at all...? They were here last Wednesday... :oops:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
DockOfTheBay

Post by DockOfTheBay »

real-alan wrote:
SimonB wrote: What I want to know is this: why didn't I hear about the British tour date on this website first? With a presale at the face-value ticket price? And how have the touts (for that's all they are) got involved so early?
Must admit, I didn't notice them until today either. I am somewhat relieved that A) I am in London the night of the 14th, but at a different concert and so couldn't attend, and B) there isn't a Scottish date yet, as I majorly "missed the ball" on this one and would be kicking myself if I had missed out! :oops:
pmdf

Post by pmdf »

Does anyone know when these shows go on general sale? Apologies if this is answered elsewhere on the forum, but I've not spotted anything about these dates before now either.
Manchester 18 June | Cardiff 8 November
anny

Post by anny »

pre-sale links & passwords
pre-sale U.K.tours
pmdf

Post by pmdf »

Thank you - I can't believe I missed something so obvious. :( Presale is now closed, so I'll have to run the gauntlet in the general sale and torture myself for being so stupid as to miss that.
Manchester 18 June | Cardiff 8 November
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

real-alan wrote:
Well I think that's a tad unfair. There is NO announcement on the part of the site viewable without logging in. I wasn't expecting to have to log in for concert dates -- for the presales, yes, but not just to get basic information. I've not known that happen before.
anny

Post by anny »

pmdf wrote:Thank you - I can't believe I missed something so obvious. :( Presale is now closed, so I'll have to run the gauntlet in the general sale and torture myself for being so stupid as to miss that.

:) think positive !!!
GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The UK tour will be officially announced today at 9 am UK time. General on sale on Friday May 31 at 9 am UK time.

Our presale was to close yesterday (it opened on May 22), but at 9:20 UK time on Tuesday it still seems to be open
- more at viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33879 .

This was a bit different presale than any of the previous, it was before the concerts were announced, and
therefore had to happen in the section that is not visible to any visitors to this Forum.

The presale was possible only in the way it was handled - it had to be restricted to our active members who were logged-in.
This condition was set by AEG and it was very understandable. Othwerise the information would have leaked out to
all media before the official announcement; now this didn't happen.

The presale was a very generous action by AEG; they're reading this Forum and probably they saw how desperate our
UK members were! They also allocated us the best seats we ever have had at the UK presales (lots of seats in
the front rows).

There was also a clear hint in the email notification so many active members have subscribed to. If you went to
the thread you saw this cryptic line: "Also make sure you read carefully the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33842 ".
That thread explained the forthcoming Thursday presale!

All UK venues in the tour itinerary will be announced today (and were available at our presale). Elsewhere, only 1-3 concerts
in the mainland Europe remain unannounced.

PS. it's easy to stay logged-in all the time. When logging next time, just tix the box "Log me on automatically each visit".
This way you can also use the "View New Posts" option! -- To use these services, cookies must be allowed in your computer.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

SimonB wrote:
real-alan wrote:
Well I think that's a tad unfair. There is NO announcement on the part of the site viewable without logging in. I wasn't expecting to have to log in for concert dates -- for the presales, yes, but not just to get basic information. I've not known that happen before.
Well, I think it's a bit "unfair" to use your very first post on the forum to complain.... "what I want to know is this...." :roll: I am really appreciative of all the efforts made to get us prior information, and pre-sales.... as are most of us on here.... and Jarkko is to be commended, not treated with petulance...
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

The 14th September date at the O2 is Yom Kippur.

:!:
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We have been told by our Jewish members that this year Yom Kippur begins the evening of September 13 and ends the evening of September 14. Leonard's concert begins after that.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

Yes, that's right. Yom Kippur begins on the evening of Friday 13th, but the fast does not finish until after 8pm on Saturday 14th, and it is customary for families to congregate to break the fast with a meal. Accordingly, I should imagine that the majority of the Jewish community would not feel at liberty to attend this concert.

It is a shame that the date of the 14th was not reserved for a city with a minimal Jewish population, rather than 200,000!

Do you think that there might be another O2 concert scheduled for September, Jarkko? Obviously the 15th would be better than the 13th!
suerussell

Post by suerussell »

Hi
Pre-sale still open... have just bought 2 tickets for Leeds... whoo!

Was so sad not to get any for London in June, so thank you so much for this opportunity to get 2 great seats at correct price, on the floor direct in front of stage.

I have only seen Leonard once before in Birmingham and really cannot believe I am so lucky to be able to see his show again.

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”