PULA, CROATIA (Aug 2) show + MEET-UP Aug 1-3

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Goldin

Re: PULA, CROATIA (Aug 2), ON SALE NOW!

Post by Goldin » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Well, all I can say, I hope that this meet-up won't be organized by AEG Live... Just a joke. Not funny, ok.

I meant no harm, as I'm very grateful to Tom and everyone involved! Anyway, I and my companions are waiting for some hints to determine our route, make arrangements, so on. Yes, we're waiting longingly, that's everything in our restlessness - our age, the importance of this trip for us, even the return tickets cost that is raising (we still don't have them). Sorry for being intrusive! But...
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm

I didn't have time recently to be in the LC world at all:) (And this will continue even more.)

There were some ideas two months ago, but I don't know how can we agree upon the dates we will spend together?

Jarkko suggested August 1-3.

The possible plan so far is:

Day 1st: trip to inside Istria and to coast cities (Rovinj, Poreč) (Juraj and I will find to try an agency who can offer us good deal with bus & itinerary - there's 40 of us, so I guess that could work)
evening: meet up
Day 2nd: free day in Pula (museum?), sound check and evening show
Day 3rd: trip to Brijuni island (national park) - as there's 40 of us, we can ask an agency to offer us bus + tickets for national park/ferry.

This means that we would try to find an agency who would accept that we pay in the morning, at the beginning of the trip. With almost 40 people, we can easily negotiate an arrangement for the bus and English guide.

I don't know, as far I gathered from emails, many are planning to be there longer, and these three days could work as meet-up time. I don't know how can we all list our dates here... In worst situation, we can have met up for lunch on the day of the show. In any case I'd need the numbers of forum people coming.

PS. Paul and I collected all tickets for those of you asking (I think 30-40 seats) and they're safe with me.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Tom

Many thanks for finding time in your busy schedule to put these arrangements together for us.

The outline itinerary sounds wonderful - and disappointing at the same time!

A bunch of us are due to arrive on the Ryanair flight which lands at Pula airport at 9.40 am on Aug 1*, so we would miss the tour of Istria. It is over 30 years since I last toured Istria and I would love do to it again, so, speaking personally, I would prefer it if the tours of Istria and Brijuni park could be switched around, with the tour of Istria taking place on Saturday 3 August.

The truth is, I really want to do it all! Would it be possible/ feasible to make one of the tours in to a half day (afternoon) tour on Aug 1?

Just a few thoughts.

Wendy

*Leaving on the afternoon of Aug 4.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:if the tours of Istria and Brijuni park could be switched around, with the tour of Istria taking place on Saturday 3 August
I guess both way is okay - it only depends how much of people will be staying on Saturday after the show (Aug 3rd).

We have to get some numbers until may so we can find the agency or something like that.
Goldin

Post by Goldin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Thank you so much, Tom!
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:Hi Tom

Many thanks for finding time in your busy schedule to put these arrangements together for us.

The outline itinerary sounds wonderful - and disappointing at the same time!

A bunch of us are due to arrive on the Ryanair flight which lands at Pula airport at 9.40 am on Aug 1*, so we would miss the tour of Istria. It is over 30 years since I last toured Istria and I would love do to it again, so, speaking personally, I would prefer it if the tours of Istria and Brijuni park could be switched around, with the tour of Istria taking place on Saturday 3 August.

The truth is, I really want to do it all! Would it be possible/ feasible to make one of the tours in to a half day (afternoon) tour on Aug 1?

Just a few thoughts.

Wendy

*Leaving on the afternoon of Aug 4.
Thank you Tom, I kow how difficult, time and patience consuming is organising a meetup.
Only if you are open to opinions, Ystria on 3rd looks better to me too.
And for those leaving Pula with Croatian airlines at 5am on 4th I would suggest a long, long evening on 3rd!!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Tom,

We (me and a friend) will arrive in Pula on 31st July and will stay til 6 August, so whichever way round is best for the trips etc we will go along with it. Will just need a meeting point on the morning of 1st August somewhere in Pula, nearer the time.

Thank you for being willing to try to organise things for us all over three days or so around Leonard's much anticipated amphitheatre show... looking forward to it already - and there's Idra in the middle between now and August!!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 pm

The best way to organise meet-up is as we did here in Zagreb, in March 2010:) So, without any strict plan, just few points of common interest, and rest is improvisation, or your own free time or hanging around. (As some will remember, in Zagreb we didn't have any restaurant reserved and in the end we visited all the best restaurants in the city, and museums, and coffee shops and sight-seeing:) Not to mention that Pula has excellent beaches so that's where I plan to be!

Let's move this meet-up here, in Traveling pack section of the forum: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=33869

The dates: August 1-3, as Jarkko suggested. That doesn't mean 3-day schedule, but that in these 3 days everyone are trying to schedule their stay in Pula. Many will arrive earlier and leave later, but these 3 days are agreed that our dates overlap.

The proposal is:
- our dinner together on Aug 1 (night before the show) or lunch on the day of the show
- if there's more than 20 people interested, I can call local tourist agencies and ask for a day-trip with bus to inland Istria (Aug 3, Saturday, day after the show)

Tom
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi all

Tom is really busy so I have volunteered to help him gather information for the Pula meet up(s).

The first stage is to find out who is going to Pula and what meet ups and/or trips everyone might be interested in. Tom has set out some of the ideas in his messages. To summarise, possible activities are:

1 – Aug 1: Trip to the National park Brijuni Island
2 – Aug 1: Evening dinner
3 – Aug 2: Lunch or pre-show meet up
4 – Aug 3: Bus tour of Istria with guide

If there is sufficient interest in the Brijuni and/or Istria trips, Tom will approach local travel agents to see what is possible and the likely cost. Tom’s suggestion is that we keep sightseeing, lunch and dinner etc arrangements informal but it would be useful to have an idea of the numbers involved and who will be around on each day.

I know some people have already expressed an interest in meet ups or trips on this thread but I think it will be easiest if we start again from scratch. It would be helpful therefore if you could e-mail the following information to us at pulameetup2013@yahoo.com before the end of May:

Name + forum name
The days you plan to be in Pula
Which trips/ events you are interested in – 1, 2, 3 and 4 and how many people there will be for each

I will gather all the information together for Tom so he can find out what will be possible!

It is more than 20 years since my last visit to Istria so I am really looking forward to this one. See you there!

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Just bumping this thread up in case there is anyone else who is going to the Pula concert who would be interested in possible trips and/or meet ups. Details below.

Wendy

Mabeanie1 wrote:Hi all

Tom is really busy so I have volunteered to help him gather information for the Pula meet up(s).

The first stage is to find out who is going to Pula and what meet ups and/or trips everyone might be interested in. Tom has set out some of the ideas in his messages. To summarise, possible activities are:

1 – Aug 1: Trip to the National park Brijuni Island
2 – Aug 1: Evening dinner
3 – Aug 2: Lunch or pre-show meet up
4 – Aug 3: Bus tour of Istria with guide

If there is sufficient interest in the Brijuni and/or Istria trips, Tom will approach local travel agents to see what is possible and the likely cost. Tom’s suggestion is that we keep sightseeing, lunch and dinner etc arrangements informal but it would be useful to have an idea of the numbers involved and who will be around on each day.

I know some people have already expressed an interest in meet ups or trips on this thread but I think it will be easiest if we start again from scratch. It would be helpful therefore if you could e-mail the following information to us at pulameetup2013@yahoo.com before the end of May:

Name + forum name
The days you plan to be in Pula
Which trips/ events you are interested in – 1, 2, 3 and 4 and how many people there will be for each

I will gather all the information together for Tom so he can find out what will be possible!

It is more than 20 years since my last visit to Istria so I am really looking forward to this one. See you there!

Wendy
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:57 pm

View topic: viewtopic.php?p=333465#p333465 for further info (stay tuned).
Goldin

Re: PULA, CROATIA (Aug 2) show + MEET-UP Aug 1-3

Post by Goldin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Some of non-LC events in Pula shortly after the concert:

The magic of Israel (a festival?)
Aug 3, 4, 5 - Forum Square, 9 p.m.
Aug 6 - Cathedral, 9 p.m. ...

Jazzbina Summer Jazz: NIKOLA STANOŠEVIĆ TRIO feat. ANJA LAZIĆ
Aug 5 - Portarata Square, 9 p.m.
http://jassdrum.com/event/jazzbina-summ ... nja-lazic/

Trio Val
Aug 5 - Market of Pula, 9 p.m.
"evergreen koncert"

Istramix - Istrian hand made & Istra gourmet
Aug 3, 5, 6... - Forum, 8-11 p.m.

Also, Arena International festival: http://www.arena-international.net/

More info here: http://www.pulainfo.hr/en/calendar/
Goldin

Post by Goldin » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Sorry for crossposting, but I do believe this idea deserves to be discussed. Any feedback is appreciated!!

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=34138#p334333
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm

THE MEET-UP SCHEDULE IN PULA FOR AUGUST 1-3 HAS BEEN FINALISED - PLEASE CHECK IT IN "TRAVELING PACK" SECTION: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=33869&p=330385#p330385

ps. As of July 10 show is absolutely sold out and tickets are hot and in high demand.
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:42 am

Please be aware - it's not just the tickets which will be hot

http://www.croatiaweek.com/40˚c-forecas ... t-croatia/
Last edited by Paul Zagreb on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”