PARIS (June 18) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Caren

PRESALE TO PARIS (June 18) NOW OPEN

Post by Caren »

I fully get what you mean regarding the ticket prices. But then this may be the very last time we get to see him so I am not looking at those outrageous prices but take care about my finances or what little may be left of them after the end of the tour...
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
basecamp

Re: PRESALE TO PARIS (June 18) NOW OPEN

Post by basecamp »

Caren wrote:I fully get what you mean regarding the ticket prices. But then this may be the very last time we get to see him so I am not looking at those outrageous prices but take care about my finances or what little may be left of them after the end of the tour...
:D Marry me!
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Due to some less than perfect Transatlantic co-operation, I have a spare ticket - row 2, seat 14 - for sale. This is an eTicket.

Please PM or e-mail me if interested.

Wendy
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

olive31 wrote:There are 3 blocks in the "orchestra" seating (left, central and right facing stage).
Left block (Porte W) goes from 49 to 63 (from left to right).
Central block (Porte X) goes from 65 to 72, then from 1 to 7 (always from left to right facing stage).
Right block (Porte Y) goes from 10 to 24 (from left to right).

Don't know about Porte Z and Porte O.

No way to find these informations online. :?
If true confirms that i turned down :( perfect central seats because i thought they were on the extreme edge .
also confirms very good seats were available through our presale.
But there was no way to know such an eccentric numbering arrangement was being used :?
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Caren

Post by Caren »

cohenadmirer wrote:
olive31 wrote:There are 3 blocks in the "orchestra" seating (left, central and right facing stage).
Central block (Porte X) goes from 65 to 72, then from 1 to 7 (always from left to right facing stage).

If true confirms that i turned down :( perfect central seats because i thought they were on the extreme edge .
But there was no way to know such an eccentric numbering arrangement was being used :?
Sorry to hear about your tickets. But then you never know when it comes to numbering arrangements. I remember buying row A tickets which turned out to be second row because the seat numbering went on through the rows (for example A1-20 was row 1 and A 21-40 was row 2 and so on). The weirdest thing ever. Might have been Marseille but I am not sure.

And basecamp - I think I did exactly that a little over twenty years ago... 8)
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Caren

Post by Caren »

GDP provides a rather vague seating plan now.

Btw, I just gave it a try to see what kind of tickets are still available and I was offered row 4 in block W in 'our' presale and row 8 in both block Y and Z and GDP's presale. Which is fairly good when compered to what was offered for London within the very first minute the presale tickets went on sale.
Susan B.

Post by Susan B. »

Oh, I'm in a world of confusion!

I am hemming and hawing over buying a single ticket for the Paris show, and then hoping that I can work out a flight that I can afford.

Of course I'd rather not pay 27.00 € for DHL, but if it turns out that I can't go, would having an eticket or Will Call be a problem if I'm trying to transfer to another person do you think?
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Only 177 euros for the best seats? All the prime seats at the arenas in North America have been about 200 euros ($250 Cdn/US plus service charges). Same as the last tour, in fact. I just assumed that we were all getting gouged equally.
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Yes, only €177, I really don't know why some of us are not all that happy to pay such a pittance, after all, across the pond they pay it gratefully :lol:

I want there to be no peasant in my kingdom so poor that he cannot have a chicken in his pot every Sunday.
Henry IV

I'm sure that well known Royal who tells us he likes to listen to Leonard would himself write when King:

"I want there to be no peasant in my kingdom so poor that he cannot purchase a Leonard Cohen ticket when on tour" ;-)
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Vicomte wrote:Yes, only €177, I really don't know why some of us are not all that happy to pay such a pittance, after all, across the pond they pay it gratefully :lol:
I think my use of the word "gouged" adequately expressed my views on the cost of tickets (which is, I do believe, the same as yours).

Cheers!
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Yes I thought that as well, I was just being ironic about the costs and of us poor folks on the Island ;-)

As an edit, I had to guess your meaning of a word (gouged) that is not used in such a way in the UK (here I have it heard it more used to describe a large scratch or badly scarred surface) but I did get your thoughts on the prices.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

cohenadmirer wrote:

These are very bizarre numberings but well done for finding them! It now makes sense if my Dylan tickets were row 5 58, 59 and on the eft. Sorry if I confused anyone - albeit unintentionally. I guess I will continue to pursue my policy of not buying presale tickets unless I can see exactly where I am on a seating plan!! Such a pity that ticket sellers do not always provide them so we have to basically guess!!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
hazey

Post by hazey »

Tickets will go on general sale tomorrow. Fnac or other seller may show a map of seat configuration.

Hopefully..

Of course, they could hide it secretly :lol: like gdp :roll:
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Vicomte wrote:As an edit, I had to guess your meaning of a word (gouged) that is not used in such a way in the UK (here I have heard it more used to describe a large scratch or badly scarred surface)...
Ah, good to know! We use it that way, too. Same principle, actually... (And, I did get your irony! ;-))
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Paul Zagreb wrote: The problem with omnisports halls like Bercy, of course, is that they change the seating arrangements depending on the event and the wishes of the promoter/artist.
Exactly, Paul! So there should be no question of offering expensive tickets without an accurate seating chart for THAT PARTICULAR CONCERT!

What money-making genius discovered that you can actually get people to buy "A pig in a poke" - a ticket costing nearly €200 or more, which could be ANYWHERE? :o

When I complained to Ticketmaster about the absence of a seating plan at first for Kilmainham, they replied that the promoter had not yet provided one. Sounds plausible - they just sell tickets, the local promoter and AEG make most of the decisions.

In fact we are at a disadvantage using presales - usually a seating plan has appeared by the time tickets go on general release!

(BTW - Well done to Blueticket Lisbon. They were a pleasure to deal with, and it was possible to choose your seat on a proper seating chart.)
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”