Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

A new, growing section for more exciting news
bob64

Re: Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

Post by bob64 »

I think that you should be grateful that Mr Cohen is touring Europe. It is not a major exercise to get to concerts wherever they are held.

As I live in New Zealand, the situation is somewhat different. The last time he toured here was 2010, so unless he adds us on to the series of his current concerts, it seems unlikely that we will see him again. It is not feasible for me to travel to Europe but I would if I could.

In essence, stop whimpering and take pleasure and joy in the options available to you.
Marlene J.

Post by Marlene J. »

jarkko wrote:On Monday we will announce SEVEN concerts instead of five. All on the European mainland, including now three coast cities. All cities are in different, "new" (for 2013) countries. The announcement will be posted at 10 am CET = 11 am Eastern European Time.
Oh, dear. :o I don't know if I should get my hopes up for a Norway concert. I guess it's bad to do that, but I can't help it. It would be great if I could see Leonard live again, and attending the gig in Denmark is a bit difficul for me, after all.

Well, anyway. I will cross my fingers and wait patiently for Monday to come. :)
2012: Fredriksten Fortress, Halden, Norway
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

wait patiently for Monday to come
Yes, there are moments when patience is being rewarded! ;-)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I will be interested to see what Monday brings for Mainland Europe but more than anything I would love to have some news of the expected UK tour dates .....

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Wendy,

I know you are looking forward to concerts in the UK (seems they will be forthcoming), but I'm sort of interested in the grouping coming up on Monday. Front row seats at 64 euros! Oh my. AEG must think those of us in North America are swimming in money. Most tickets in the first 15 rows are 275 USD and all the prime seats are those horrible diamond vip at 575 USD. Sorry, but I will never, ever, pay that amount of money to see anyone! Of course, in many venues they never sell but are released a day or two prior to the concert! Discovered that in Seattle when I was several months past presale time. Bought an "emerald vip" (couldn't care less for the "extras") for 275 USD in row 11. Sat next to someone who was excited about getting their ticket the previous day for half my cost! :(

However, that's all past history. Hoping to see if anything might be offered in Austria on Monday. Pula will be a beautiful venue, but have no idea how to get there. Hope everyone is pleased with the offerings.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have cleaned two pages of inappropriate messages from this thread. This Forum is not for personal insults. If you really have to fight with each other, please use PMs or emails to do it privately, and let the others discuss this forthcoming tour in Europe in peace (that's what this thread is supposed to be about). I hate to be a censor but there are moments when one has to intervene.
Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
iris

Post by iris »

Thank you so much Jarkko!!! I really like to follow what's going on and more specific: what's to come but really hated the personal outbursts took over this topic.
here is your love for all this
2008 amsterdam/rotterdam, 2009 antwerpen, 2010 gent/dortmund, 2012 gent/amsterdam, 2013 antwerpen/oberhausen/rotterdam/amsterdam
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

ladydi wrote:
However, that's all past history. Hoping to see if anything might be offered in Austria on Monday. Pula will be a beautiful venue, but have no idea how to get there. Hope everyone is pleased with the offerings.
Pula is nice town (some 85,000 inhabitants), on sea side, but only 3 hours by bus or car from Zagreb and Ljubljana, which both have big international airports.

As well, it's 1 hour from Venice or Trieste with local bus (or 2 hrs regular ferry ride).

And here's the city view from south, from peninsula where all the beaches and hotels are (city is in the background, right).
Verudela-Beach-Resort.jpg
One of the most wonderful attractions in the city is the ancient Roman amphitheatre, the PULA ARENA. According to Wikipedia, it is "the only remaining Roman amphitheatre to have four side towers and with all three Roman architectural orders entirely preserved. It was constructed in 27 BC - 68 AD and is among the six largest surviving Roman arenas in the World." This photo shows it during some regular concert, as it's very popular as the Croatian venue among foreign pop artists (you can see the crowd, and the trucks of the band).

And this is the picture from national film festival, held in the end of July every Summer in the arena:

jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

As I live in New Zealand, the situation is somewhat different. The last time he toured here was 2010, so unless he adds us on to the series of his current concerts, it seems unlikely that we will see him again.

I have posted this elsewhere in another thread (and the comment is not my own!):
If Leonard continues to tour, the next likely region is Australia/NZ.
drsing

Post by drsing »

iris wrote:Thank you so much Jarkko!!! I really like to follow what's going on and more specific: what's to come but really hated the personal outbursts took over this topic.
Well done Jarkko!
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Ria Bellen

Post by Ria Bellen »

Thanks a lot for cleaning those pages Jarkko !!!
Caren

Post by Caren »

Thank you for cleaning up, Jarkko.

Very much looking forward to what the announcement on Monday will bring!
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Tom,

Thank you so much for the information! I figured possibly Zagreb as a destination airport, but was going to try and find out additional info from the internet. A beautiful location...and stunning venue. Definitely a possibility.

Diana
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

jarkko wrote:I have cleaned two pages of inappropriate messages from this thread. This Forum is not for personal insults. If you really have to fight with each other, please use PMs or emails to do it privately, and let the others discuss this forthcoming tour in Europe in peace (that's what this thread is supposed to be about). I hate to be a censor but there are moments when one has to intervene.
Jarkko
Wise words.
Misunderstood
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Très sage....
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”