Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

A new, growing section for more exciting news
FatherDougal

Re: Hope for Europe? (Several threads merged)

Post by FatherDougal »

Derry is City of Culture in 2013. A concert including the Walls as a backdrop, now that would be something.....

Or the new Peace Bridge

http://www.google.ie/search?q=city+of+d ... lO10za2E-M:
Well, Ted, as I said last time, it won't happen again.
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

Belfast would be great and the Odyssey holds 14,000 but Derry would be a fascinating venue.
Exciting news so lets hope for the best and remember Sligo was great also. Now the frustration of knowing whether to buy London tickets or hold out for a Irish concert
quetzalcoatl80

Post by quetzalcoatl80 »

French girl whom I am, I hope some concerts in France, in Belgium...
Léonard so appears in shape. We have the impression that all these tours make him younger, reboost him
He wants to extend in the infinity all these moments of grâce that he offers us and shares with us, his friends.
That he is thanked for it.
It he could in smaller concert halls...the dream
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Hi
I think it is well flagged that he won't be playing outdoors, so that rules out the electric picnic. Looks like its the 02 or nothing. Maybe the marque in cork.
Hope to see him back in Ireland
Amcgee
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

amcgee wrote:Hi
I think it is well flagged that he won't be playing outdoors, so that rules out the electric picnic.
Interesting comment amcgee. My take on the issue was that we would not have to endure another tour made up solely of outdoor concerts but I didn't necessarily think that would mean NO outdoor concerts at all. I guess time will tell.

The one that has caught my eye is Edinburgh Castle. I recently booked to see Runrig (Scottish celtic band) there on July 20 which suggests that the timing of the Castle concert series would fit in nicely after the German dates. I wonder if we will see Leonard return to this magical setting? All will no doubt be revealed in time ...

Wendy
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
I recently booked to see Runrig...

Wendy
Imagine that...! ;-)
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Dublin has been very well served by recent tours...
Wendy
Are you sure?

We in Ireland have not been able to enjoy an LC concert with a roof over our heads since 2009. Having risked shelling out for expensive tickets for open-air Lissadell, which could have been cancelled at short notice if the little twisty roads leading to it had been A) flooded or B) frozen , and having almost died of hypothermia in open-air Kilmainham ( Poor Leonard and band! No wonder they don't want to do open-air concerts in Europe in future! :( ) I think we deserve at least one concert in the comparative comfort of the Dublin O2. But don't worry, our ramblings here won't influence the decisions made by "higher powers" ! :roll:

(BTW I don't opine here about whether or not there should be concerts in the UK - I just don't think it's my business.)
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Dublin has been very well served by recent tours and, after 4 shows in 2012, you might expect it to be someone else's turn in 2013. However, I have a sneaky suspicion there will be at least one show at the O2

Wendy
Why quote me so selectively Anne? Full quote above.

Wendy
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

TipperaryAnn wrote: I think we deserve at least one concert in the comparative comfort of the Dublin O2.
On second thoughts, none of us deserve concerts anywhere! Whatever we get from now on is a bonus.

In fact, much as I'd love more concerts, one part of me wishes that Leonard hadn't committed to arduous touring again in six months' time. ( "Quit while you're ahead"...) However, it's his own choice and I wish him well for Summer 2013.
sandraa

Post by sandraa »

As someone has previously posted on this thread, it's fascinating to consider Derry, the City of Culture, as a possible venue if outdoor concerts are considered. Loudon Wainwright is one of the artists playing there next year and it would be a great venue, 50 miles from me which would also be great.
Gio19

Post by Gio19 »

TipperaryAnn wrote:
TipperaryAnn wrote: I think we deserve at least one concert in the comparative comfort of the Dublin O2.
On second thoughts, none of us deserve concerts anywhere! Whatever we get from now on is a bonus.

In fact, much as I'd love more concerts, one part of me wishes that Leonard hadn't committed to arduous touring again in six months' time. ( "Quit while you're ahead"...) However, it's his own choice and I wish him well for Summer 2013.
I share your feelings and thoughts, Ann.
But "Ring the bells that still can ring..", LC is always that free bird on the wire.

Have to say that my consideration for the Irish beer (already excellent :oops: :D) peaked keeping me from freezing over that night, that great night impossible to forget.
Would like to come back to Dublin, had such a nice week-- no problem with the Connolly train station!
So let's hope for a next time.
;-)
Die Züge deiner, die dem Blut verschworen,
der Menschheit altem, allgemeinen Blut,
die sah ich wohl und gab mich doch verloren,
schlummerbedeckt und schweigend deiner Flut.

- Gottfried Benn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Gio19 wrote: But "Ring the bells that still can ring..", LC is always that free bird on the wire.
Yes, you're right of course, Gio, great choice of quotation - he has always tried in his way to be free. :)

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Dublin and that the trains didn't keep you awake! Hope you get a chance to revisit.
casaperon

Post by casaperon »

A concert in Oviedo next year would be very very nice!! A good moment to remember príncipe de Asturias award!!
2009: León|Madrid||2010: Orense||2012: Madrid||2013:Zurich
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

casaperon wrote:A concert in Oviedo next year would be very very nice!! A good moment to remember príncipe de Asturias award!!

Count on me for this..... And for some good cider ;-) ;-)
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

I heard a rumour on the wind that leonard will pla glastonbury festival 2013

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”