LONDON (June 21, 2013) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
osmachar

Re: PRESALE ON TUESDAY TO LONDON (June 21, 2013)

Postby osmachar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm

awaythelads wrote:2 tickets front row A2 £795.45 plus booking fee, shipping fee and VAT. Over a grand!

Somebody is making a packet.
I'm surprised that people pay that though when everyone knows it's scalpers/touts/secondary markets what ever you want to call them,.

i would never pay that just out of principle.
James T

Re: PRESALE TOMORROW TO LONDON (June 21, 2013)

Postby James T » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Born With The Gift Of A G wrote:
James T wrote:Would be nice but I simply cannot afford this. Kraftwerk is also going on sale on Wednesday, and that will be much harder to get a ticket for. i am not sure. Is there hope for a Manchester or Liverpool show? I sure hope so.
James T,

Ignore the soulless O2 Arena and go for Kraftwerk at Tate Modern instead!

That's my plan, anyhow.
I already have tix for Kraftwerk in Dusseldorf doing TEE and Man Machine. Didn't know about Neil Young, no Manchester date though.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Postby Born With The Gift Of A G » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 pm

James T wrote:
James T wrote:Would be nice but I simply cannot afford this. Kraftwerk is also going on sale on Wednesday, and that will be much harder to get a ticket for. i am not sure. Is there hope for a Manchester or Liverpool show? I sure hope so.
James T,

Ignore the soulless O2 Arena and go for Kraftwerk at Tate Modern instead!

That's my plan, anyhow.
I already have tix for Kraftwerk in Dusseldorf doing TEE and Man Machine. Didn't know about Neil Young, no Manchester date though.
James T,

I managed to book tickets for Radio-Activity and TEE in Dusseldorf.
See you there!

Which show(s) are you aiming for at Tate Modern?

Meanwhile, it's very disappointing that Neil Young & Crazy Horse won't be venturing to Manchester.

Mister Cohen will just have to step into the gap.....
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
James T

Postby James T » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:12 pm

James T,

I managed to book tickets for Radio-Activity and TEE in Dusseldorf.
See you there!

Which show(s) are you aiming for at Tate Modern?

Meanwhile, it's very disappointing that Neil Young & Crazy Horse won't be venturing to Manchester.

Mister Cohen will just have to step into the gap.....
Hoping for Techno Pop at Tate. It will be impossible I'm sure to get any there, but I think the venue is at least bigger than the NYC shows. TEE, wont that be an amazing show??
holydove

Postby holydove » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Mabeanie1 wrote:
holydove wrote:I know this is pushing it, but does a venue in Manchester look possible, or probable?
That seems an odd request to make from Connecticut Rachel! I'm curious: why Manchester?

Wendy
Good question, Wendy :lol:

2 reasons. 1: I think the Manchester Opera Hall would be a nice venue. 2: We could fly to London (so we wouldn't have to fly at night - all flights to Europe, except to London, are night flights from here); & I've been told the train ride from London to Manchester would be about 2 hrs., & that sounds doable for us, & worth flying overseas for.
margaret

Postby margaret » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Manchester and the Opera House, but I fear it is more likely to be the big Arena there instead. But that's better for me than travelling to London and the hotel costs involved. Hoping also for my home town of Liverpool :) Then again a nice town in Europe would be good too.

Rachel, you can fly direct to Manchester from the US, no need to go via London.
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 pm

For anyone still wondering what happened today...this was not the masterful sort of presale that Jarkko was able to pull off before Cohenmania kicked-in, but the pathetic sort of standard presale that most big artists get these days. I went through this whole rigmarole when the original Beach Boys played earlier this year. Basically what happens is that they try to delude the fans by offering maybe a couple of best seats and a few in the side blocks (close to the speakers) but mostly try off-load a number of the crappiest seats that anyone in their right mind is not likely to want. Better luck everyone tomorrow (if you're using the right brand of mobile) or later in the week when the agencies sell what's left to the public. My only advice is to avoid Ticketmaster as you would the black plague (can anyone actually read those gobbledygook codes that they throw up?!). Any really good seats left will of course be released at some unpredictable time in the future. :roll:
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 pm

margaret wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Manchester and the Opera House, but I fear it is more likely to be the big Arena there instead. But that's better for me than travelling to London and the hotel costs involved. Hoping also for my home town of Liverpool :) Then again a nice town in Europe would be good too.

Rachel & margaret - it would be great to see you in either manchester or liverpool or both , and the ' big arenas' in both cities are an improvement on the O2 London
Time will tell !
I think that Rachel's issue was about avoiding night flights. I can confirm though that these days there are fast rail journeys between London and either manchester or liverpool - and inexpensive if you book in advance
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
cohenadmirer

Postby cohenadmirer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 pm

awaythelads wrote:2 tickets front row A2 £795.45 plus booking fee, shipping fee and VAT. Over a grand!

Somebody is making a packet.

So depressing !!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
holydove

Postby holydove » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm

cohenadmirer wrote:
margaret wrote:
Rachel & margaret - it would be great to see you in either manchester or liverpool or both , and the ' big arenas' in both cities are an improvement on the O2 London
Time will tell !
I think that Rachel's issue was about avoiding night flights. I can confirm though that these days there are fast rail journeys between London and either manchester or liverpool - and inexpensive if you book in advance
Margaret & David, thank you both for the info. You are right, David, my issue is the dreadful night flights, which are very taxing on my stupid fragile little body - I can hardly get 5 minutes of sleep all night. I don't know if there are day flights to Manchester - probably not; I've only seen that offered for London, so good to know that there are fast rail journeys to both Manchester & Liverpool. It would make me so happy to see both of you over there too!
meglos2000

PRESALE ON TUESDAY TO LONDON (June 21, 2013)

Postby meglos2000 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I got seats in middle of block a3 and I am very happy with this.

Okay, I'd of course always like the front row, but this is so much better than when I saw the first ever 02 show and was quite far back.

I have Jarkko (and AEG) to thank for this and I really appreciate his efforts to allow me to get access to some of the best seats in the house first. Before this I often wondered how people ever got tickets towards the front using normal sales channels.

I sometimes imagine all the moaning on here about not getting front row seats must be a little dispiriting to someone who makes such an effort trying to do the best for us.

Okay, so some touts got in, but this is a fact of life and it is a hard one to solve.

So thank you again Jarkko, I will be enjoying my good view knowing you made it possible!
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't think anyone here would disagree that Jarkko does his very best, but dealing with the likes of Ticketmaster and O2 is like swimming in a shark-infested sea.
Cilbo

Postby Cilbo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:57 pm

More thanks to Jarkko!!

I too was there on the dot of 9.00, and the first seats I was offered were A3, row Q. Nothing in A2.
I bravely turned that down, even though I had promised myself I wouldn't keep trying until I ended up at the back!
I then got A3 row G, seats 47 and 48, and did the sensible thing and bought them.
I then tried again....I know, never a good idea, and to my amazement I got A3 Row A, right at the side, but ROW A!!

So I have two tickes FOR SALE in Row G, (A3 row G, seats 47 and 48) cost price - Obviously I won't have them in hand til nearer the time, but if anyone's interested....?

Cilla.

TICKETS SOLD - THANKS STEPHEN!
Last edited by Cilbo on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
London 2008, Brighton 2008, Liverpool 2009, Ghent 2010, Stuttgart 2010.
Ghent x 2 - 2012, London 2013, Brighton 2013....
bean

Postby bean » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 am

John Etherington wrote:I don't think anyone here would disagree that Jarkko does his very best, but dealing with the likes of Ticketmaster and O2 is like swimming in a shark-infested sea.

Very true.
hydriot

Postby hydriot » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 am

Intriguing. I only just heard about this concert late this evening, Tuesday. At this time, no seats in any part of Block A are on offer at all (the best on the floor is half-way back in Block B1). Not believable that all A-block seats have gone, so many must be being held back.

But I am not fussed. Exactly one week before the Wembley Arena concert on 9 September, outstanding tickets in the first rows of the A-blocks suddenly became available, and I got a fine aisle seat in the fourth row in front of the Webb Sisters (coincidentally, the same position as at Wetbridge).

Also, personally I dislike buying a ticket closer than the fourth row. The stage is usually so high that if you are too close you end up gazing appreciatively at ankles. Even in the fourth row it was difficult to see fully keyboard and drums.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”