2013 tour unofficially confirmed

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Andrew (Darby)

Re: 2013 tour unofficially confirmed

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hey David, whatever you do, don’t imagine whispers about your front room and act on mere rumours, otherwise you may be left high and dry, perhaps listening to Leonard recorded and most likely a case of sadly singing along to “Herts With No Companion’ (except for your cat)! ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
pironi

Concert in Lucca, July 5

Post by pironi »

Google translation of the news from La Gazetta di Lucca:
http://www.lagazzettadilucca.it/cultura ... ana-krall/
Summer festival, there's the Green Day, Leonard Cohen and Diana Krall

Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 11:15

It does not stop the parade of arrivals for the next edition of the Summer Festival. After the Maroon Five, announced and confirmed for July 9, two other concerts absolute value could and should be announced shortly: Leonard Cohen on July 5, and Green Day July 28 is in the finishing straight Meanwhile negotiations for Diana Krall.

Green Day is a historic American pop punk band formed in Berkeley In 1987 and consists of three members: Billie Joe Armstrong (guitar, vocals), Mike Dirnt (bass and vocals secondary) and Tre Cool (drums). One of the leading groups of the punk revival scene, they also contributed to the success of their kind in the nineties, with blink-182, The Offspring and Rancid.

Leonard Norman Cohen is a Canadian singer-songwriter poet and composer, who has assets successes worldwide. In Italy, Cohen has been translated and sung in the seventies by Claudio Daiano, who dedicated an entire album, and Fabrizio De André on some occasions. The same Suzanne, unodei his most well-known, has had many interpreters, while another of his classic Famous Blue Raincoat ("The famous blue fox" with the Italian version of Fabrizio De André and Sergio Bardotti) was engraved by Ornella Vanoni; His other translations were carried out by Francesco De Gregori, Luigi Greeks, Francesco Baccini and Enrico Nascimbeni.

Diana Krall has sold over 6 million albums in the U.S. and over 15 worldwide, in addition, during the 90s and 2000, was the best-selling female jazz artist and heard. As a singer is unique in jazz so far to have won three Grammy Awards and eight Juno Awards and his debut, with nine of his albums in the top of the Billboard Jazz Albums.
greenwhite150

Post by greenwhite150 »

lightasabreeze wrote:
Darklingsky wrote:Being new to Leonard Cohen's music I just hope he tours again. Anywhere in the continental US would likely work for me. Missed the 2012 shows...the more I read and listen and watch the more I want to experience what it is like, just once. Of course I have heard that once is usually not enough...
Just once? Just once will never work. You will be hooked and want more..and more .. and more.. Ask anyone.
I can testify. Saw my first-ever show last weekend, first thing I did when I got home was book flights/hotels for 2 more.
2012: Chicago, Boston x2
2013: Tampa, Atlanta, New York x2
mary emma

Post by mary emma »

No, once is never enough.
The one thing you cannot get an overdose from, is Leonard Cohen... :lol:
This would even beat my chocolate consumption on a cold winter night...
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

fwiw-- neither Green Day, Maroon 5, nor Diana Krall have those Lucca dates on their schedule... yet, anyway.
bekaert

Post by bekaert »

Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

bekaert wrote:http://www.aeglive.co.uk/artists/leonard-cohen
21st June 2013 in London UK
A bit late to the party, bekaert ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=33199
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
bekaert

Post by bekaert »

Sorry, I only got a message today... :(

The only drawback i find of this forum is that one has to constantly check it on line for news. :?

And I don't really have time for that... It doesn't mean I am not a huge fan...

Unless I missed something and that messages can be sent automatically by email, like in a yahoogroup? :shock:

Please advise. :)
Piet
Dubai
margaret

Post by margaret »

There are nearly 25 thousand members of this forum so it is impossible to send group emails on such a scale.
Best to keep the forum address bookmarked or as a favourite and check in every day.
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

margaret wrote:There are nearly 25 thousand members of this forum so it is impossible to send group emails on such a scale.
Best to keep the forum address bookmarked or as a favourite and check in every day.
Would it be possible to enhance the forum with a RSS feed?

This is great for those watching many threads. It saves a lot of browser actions and works fabulous.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Really, it is no trouble to simply set your bookmarks to view "New Posts"

search.php?search_id=newposts

and then to skim down the subject headings every so often. Takes seconds unless there is a subject which interests you - which is the whole point isn't it?

NB You have to be logged in to see "New Posts" but it's even easier to just tick "Stay Logged In" when you enter your password.

Wendy
TonVH

Post by TonVH »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Really, it is no trouble to simply set your bookmarks to view "New Posts"

search.php?search_id=newposts

and then to skim down the subject headings every so often. Takes seconds unless there is a subject which interests you - which is the whole point isn't it?

NB You have to be logged in to see "New Posts" but it's even easier to just tick "Stay Logged In" when you enter your password.

Wendy
That is also an option but RSS has much benefits also because it can be used outside a browser. RSS is just another means to access forums. Also RSS can be limited to specific sub forums.
NEW_IDEAS

Post by NEW_IDEAS »

Leo probably was so impressed by meeting me and my girlfriend in Copenhagen that he decided to come back next summer.... :roll: Hehehe... :D
L.C. - Helsingborg, Gothenburg, Copenhagen 2008. Malmö 2010. Copenhagen, Gothenburg 2012. ????????? 2026 :=)
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

bekaert wrote:
The only drawback i find of this forum is that one has to constantly check it on line for news. :?

And I don't really have time for that... It doesn't mean I am not a huge fan...

Unless I missed something and that messages can be sent automatically by email, like in a yahoogroup? :shock:

Please advise. :)
Piet
Dubai
There is now a facility to receive email alerts of new concerts here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=33226 . A much appreciated new facility!
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Snode

Post by Snode »

Hi all,

I am one of those visitors that has always been reading the forum, but never actually posted something. But things change, so here is my first post ;)

Do you think the tour in 2013 is basically the same as the one in 2012? Not that it really matters, I still want to go there anyway.
I attended the premier in Ghent at the 12th of August which was stunning. Would be great if he visits Ghent or Amsterdam once more.

:)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”