Meet up New York December 18th

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
Nanila

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Post by Nanila »

Hello Rachel and Angel of Compassion,
I really appreciate, that you are trying to find a meeting place for all of us!
It seems a little difficult for me to do that!

Yet, there is a change of plans:
My husband is going to join me anyway!
As Leonard Cohen said:
"I know that some of you have undergone financial and geographical inconvenience...." (Live in London)
He could not stand it!
So, at least I don't have to be that brave at all, in fact, even the moon would not have been too far,
but of course I'm very happy, we will be able to share this very emotional event!
For us it feels like being able to say thank you for the music you brought into our lives!

So, we booked another flight, ordered another ticket and now he will be sitting just on the other side of me
at the MSG, funny, maybe we can wave to each other!

Anyway, we are very exited and still looking forward to meet some of you very kind people here at the forum!
Enjoy all the concerts you will be going to until then,
we'll keep in touch!
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
regensburg

Meet up New York December 18th

Post by regensburg »

Dear Nanila, what I meant it is not so easy here in the States is. Cameras are fine but you can't have the flash on. The Autograph situation is very hard because the minute Leonard is done he is gone. He has no meetings or Interviews after the show. Overseas he had a lot of time to "hang out" not here in the US.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Hi Renate,

I'm so glad to hear that your husband will join you - it's wonderful that you will be able to travel together & esp. to share the sublime experience of a Leonard Cohen concert!! Even though you are sitting separately, it will still be a beautiful shared experience that you will both cherish forever. :D

My brother knows a restaurant on 34St. & 8th Ave. that he thinks would be a good meetup place - spacious, with tables that can seat 6 - 10 people, & good food for reasonable prices. He didn't remember the name of it, for sure, but he will be in the area this Sunday, & he will pass it, make sure it's still there & still the same as he remembers it, & then he will give me the name of the place, & I will find their website so we can check it out. I will report back here, probably on Monday, with whatever information I have.
holydove

Post by holydove »

My brother recommends these 2 restaurants, both right across the street from MSG; here are the names of the restaurants & links to their websites:

Tir Na Nog
33 St. & 8th Ave.
(I think the official address is 5 Penn Plaza)

www.tirnanognyc.com

To see the menu, you have to go to:
www.menupages.com/tir-na-nog/menu

Cafe 31
31st St. between 7th & 8th Ave.

www.cafe31nyc.com

Whoever plans to come can check them out & state your preference. I think Cafe31 seems to have more variety in terms of food, but I'm happy with whatever everyone wants.
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Hi Rachel
I know it's difficult to organise those meet ups (hum, remember Paris?...) so I'll go wherever people choose to go!
I don't mind or care, I'm going to the meet ups to spend some good time with great people, I don't care about the food (maybe a little more about the drinks :) )
so decide, advise and I'll be there!
take care
Christelle
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
holydove

Post by holydove »

Thanks for your post, Christelle. I'm so looking forward to seeing you!

Just wanted to add, though Cafe31 seems to have more variety of food, my brother thought Tir Na Nog would be the best place for us, because it's very spacious. But it looks like we might not need that much space, as so far, not that many people have expressed interest in the meetup. So again, I'm totally fine with whatever everyone wants.

I will be in Canada from tomorrow (Nov. 28) till Mon., Dec. 3, & I won't be online much, if at all, so if everyone makes a decision between now & Mon., if someone else wants to make the reservations, please feel free to do that. If that doesn't happen, I will check in again when I get back & hopefully we can make a decision & make the reservations soon thereafter.
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

Hi Rachel,
thank you for doing this!

For me, as well, both places look good,
I'm not sure I will be able to eat very much before the concert though,
so let's just choose your favourite place!

I'm looking very much forward to seeing all of you!!!

Christelle, are you coming from Paris just to attend the concert?

And Rachel, I hope you will enjoy every second in Montreal!

See you all soon,
Renate
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Hello all,
I too am looking to meet up for the MSG concert on the 18th. I am traveling from Southern Delaware (I was a native New Yorker, but 9/11 just did me in). So I am also looking for a place to stay after the concert, 'cause I can't drive at night.
I guess many of us are seniors on limited incomes, but I promised myself while I was in the hospital being treated for cancer, if I survived, I was going to see Leonard if he came close enough for me to drive. I survived. :D
Is there anyone out there in the 5 boros willing to host me and go with me to the concert. I have 4 tickets and willing to share.
Thanks,
Sheila
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Meeeeee...pick me...
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

Hi Sheila,
I'm glad you survived, life is short and valuable, so grab it!
At least that's what I told myself, even though I don't suffer from any life threatening disease.

We will be staying at Hotel 17, but I really hope you are going to find a place to stay for the night,
are there so few forum members living in New York?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you,
let's enjoy the evening and share our joy!

Renate
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Please let me know which place you will meet up and the time. Yes, I remember when Leonard said that in the 2008 concert, at that time I didn't really understand...as I "found him" rather late...due to Public TV...and was blown away. Of course my kids knew all about him. My kids being in their 40's and 50's and music buffs. I want to meet up too. Looking for a place to stay the night.
Sheila
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Hi all,
I did it, I booked a room at hotel 17 too. Let's look for each other. I am alone now...and eyesight not so good, so I don't drive in the dark. I am short fluffy redhead with a New York accent. :D :lol: :roll: and I am ga ga over Leonard.
Please find me!!!! :shock:
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

I'm sure we'll meet - I'm a tall redhead with a German accent :D
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Nanila wrote:I'm sure we'll meet - I'm a tall redhead with a German accent :D
sbrownblei wrote:Hi all,
I did it, I booked a room at hotel 17 too. Let's look for each other. I am alone now...and eyesight not so good, so I don't drive in the dark. I am short fluffy redhead with a New York accent. :D :lol: :roll: and I am ga ga over Leonard.
Please find me!!!! :shock:
When do you think you will be checking in? Oh, my name is Sheila by the way. I will check in at 3. I want to see if I can sell the tickets that I do not use, unless some of my NY friends want to come, so I want to get to MSG early. I will try to cab up and back. What are your plans? I will leave NY before noon on Tuesday.
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Great Minds Think Alike...
Reading old posts...one PCV...in Armenia...my daughter met her husband in PC. How about that? Uganda and Uzbekistan, but first Equador. Read her book...FIRST COMES LOVE, THEN COMES MARRIAGE...by Eve Brown Waite. I travelled to Uzbekistan so I could see my grandchildren. It was fantastic. I would suspect, those of us who love Leonard have similar out looks on life and the human condition. THERE AIN'T NO CURE FOR LOVE. :!: EVERYTHING HAS A CRACK IN IT, THAT IS HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN. :!:

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”