What about Winnipeg?

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
pansons

What about Winnipeg?

Post by pansons »

Just wondering why Leonard is not doing a show in Winnipeg. Last time he was here it was a sell-out.
Mabeanie1

Re: What about Winnipeg?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I suppose it's simply that he can't play everywhere.

Wendy
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

Also, there would have to be an appropriate venue available at the right time to fit in with the rest of the itinerary as they travel through that part of the country. No doubt, some seemingly 'obvious' cities have to be missed on any given tour for this particular reason.
rtychonick

Post by rtychonick »

I was wondering the same thing, especially since he's in Saskatoon (???) The NHL schedule isn't done yet, so I really don't think the MTS Centre would be booked. Hopefully the organizers will notice this oversight and find a date in the schedule. I'm not sure it was a sellout last time, but it was pretty full.
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

rtychonick wrote:I was wondering the same thing, especially since he's in Saskatoon (???)
Well, he made a stop there the last time around, so the tour organizers must know the market...And apparently the economy is booming in Saskatchewan, so maybe it is relatively easy to sell tickets there to expensive shows.
hymiebolano

Post by hymiebolano »

It was sold out last time. Went to three other shows and none were close to Winnipeg. What a shame he can't make it. Looks like I'm on the road again. He'll play Saskatoon? Kingston? London? but Winnipeg is booked or they didn't choose to come? Strange....
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

hymiebolano wrote:He'll play Saskatoon? Kingston? London? but Winnipeg is booked or they didn't choose to come? Strange....
I'm sorry but I find this sort of comment SO frustrating. You could say the same thing about any number of cities in North America - both Canada and the US - or Europe which are not included in the current tour schedules, not to mention whole continents for which there are no current tour plans. Leonard can't play everywhere and, yes, some of us will have to travel if we want to see him (he's not playing my home town either) but let's just be grateful that he will be back on tour very shortly.

Rant over.

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”