A Thread of Thanks

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
Susanna

Re: A Thread of Thanks

Post by Susanna »

I would like to chime in and thank you as well. I got wonderful seats at the Key Arena in Seattle. The choices were excellent. I am very pleased and can't thank you enough for putting this together. Can't wait for the concert!
virginia528

Post by virginia528 »

I can't begin to thank everyone responsible for making it possible for me to get pre-sale tickets .After a few glitches I managed to get great seats in Boston. I am so excited as this will be my first Leonard concert. I have loved his music and writing for so many years...I missed his last appearance in Boston and wish I could thank him personally for coming back to Beantown !!!! Did I say this will be my first concert? !! :D :)

My son will accompany me....he's not a fan right now.ha but wait til he see and hears Leonard in person...gonna be another fan !! :D
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I've only just spotted that there is a Thread of Thanks in both the European and the USA & Canada tour sections of the forum. As I have taken advantage of the USA & Canada presales and will (hopefully) be attending shows in the US and Canada later in the year, I would like to repeat the post I put earlier on the European tour thread here, not least because my thanks extend to key players on both sides of the Atlantic.

I have expressed my gratitude in various threads to everyone who made the presales possible, including AEG, Robert Kory and of course Leonard, as well as Jarkko and Marie. However, I am delighted to have the opportunity to express it again here and to include the previously nameless individuals at AEG - Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy - who work so hard behind the scenes to make this all possible for us. The presales are an incredibly valuable facility and we are very lucky to have them. You know, way back in the spring of 2008, we were delighted if we managed to get ANY tickets for one of Leonard's shows. I was thrilled to be allocated tickets for the back row of the Rebecca Cohn in Halifax and half way back in the balcony for Manchester Opera House. It is no small tribute to the success of the presales in terms of delivering the best tickets to Leonard's fans that we now go in to the presales with the hope and expectation that we might be allocated front row seats, and, indeed, we often are.

So thank you Leonard, Robert, Rob, Elliott, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy (and anyone else involved at AEG) and, of course, our own Jarkko and Marie for everything you do for us. We are very lucky to have you all on our side.

Wendy
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I endorse everything Wendy says! I have not followed the US pre-sales that closely but it does seem that the whole thing worked as if seamlessly - which, in my opinion, always means that there were a lot of people behind the scenes working incredibly hard to make it appear like that! All praise and thanks to you!!
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

A very sincere thank you to Leonard, Robert, Jarkko, Marie, and all the elves that make the presales possible. Through your efforts, many unforgetable performances will be remembered for many years by many forum fans.

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

A sincere thank you to all involved in getting us the fans the best of seats. This year is very special to me as I am bringing two closet fans with me - namely my son's. First concert in Verona with my youngest son and second concert in Boston with my eldest son. I can't thank you enough for all the hard work which resulted in my securing very good seats for both concerts (row 2 at side for Verona and row M right centre Boston). Sincerely, Catherine :D
John Siebels

Post by John Siebels »

Thanks for the presale!!!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

My deepest thanks to everyone involved. I am thrilled with the seats that I was able to get through the presale, and so all of your efforts to make that possible are greatly appreciated. Because of all of you, Leonard Cohen and everyone in the band will be able to see my smile throughout the concert! Thank you.
Nellynolan

Post by Nellynolan »

Thank you so much to all of you. To Leonard, I thank you for your music which reached out to me during some very dark times. Health and long life to you x
"Here's to the few who forgive what you do, and the fewer who don't even care"
LC
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

My greatful thanks go to Marie and Jarkko for making Leonard Cohen Forum such a friendly place. Many thanks to Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce, Stacy and Robert Kory, and especially thanks to Leonard for hitting the highway one more time.Once again, thanks a million to all of you.
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

My heartfelt thanks to Jarkko, Marie, Rob, Elliot (hi Elliot from Scott in Hawaii), Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce, Stacy, Robert Kory, and of course Leonard Cohen. All your work and the help you give us means so much more than a chance at a good seat at a great concert. The benefits to us stretch from calmness during ticket sales to camaraderie in show cities to even better lasting memories than we would have otherwise. All the work you've done through the years has been a great thing in my life because it has contributed to so many wonderful moments and memories. This most recent organization of presales alone has been a wonderful stress-reducer--- your efforts bring organization and calmness to what could be a crazy and frustrating process. Thank you for all you do.
BarbM

Post by BarbM »

How do I ever say an adequate thank you to Marie, Jarkko, Robert Kory and, of course, Mr. Cohen for making all this possible. Marie patiently walked me through what I needed to do and I was able to get an outstanding orchestra pit seat when the password went up this morning. (Chicago) All of you are gracious, good people and a fitting tribute to Leonard Cohen's graciousness, ethics and talent.

BarbM
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

A big thank you to the unified hearts of Jarkko, Marie, Leonard, Robert and the people from AEG, for treating the members of this forum like VIPs.

Thanks to you, I got excellent seats for the Vancouver concert. This time around, it may not be possible for me to go to any of the out-of-town concerts, so I'm also thankful that Vancouver is included on the tour.
holydove

Post by holydove »

I am forever grateful to everyone involved in making the presales possible. You have facilitated the best, most meaningful, most transformative & ecstatic nights & memories of my life, & you have made dreams that I never dared to dream, come true. I thank the people of AEG & Robert Kory for remembering us, respecting us, & treating us with such incomparable generosity. I thank Marie & Jarkko for their endless patience, support & devotion to the forum & its members. And to Leonard Cohen: I thank you with my heart for keeping us so close to thee.
maltmom

Post by maltmom »

Thank you again to all who help us Leonard 'friends' connect. I have been here almost since the inception, with lots of lapses, as mostly a lurker. You have provided me an insight to Leonard I would never have connected to. Thank you, thank you, all.
NYC-MSG – 2012, Las Vegas -2010, MSG - 2009, Philadelphia - 2009, Philadelphia – 1993, Philadelphia – 1988, Philadelphia – 1985, Philadelphia-Main Point - 1975

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”