A Thread of Thanks

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
MarieM

A Thread of Thanks

Post by MarieM »

We appreciate all the kind words for our part in facilitating the presales. But there are people behind the scenes and people front and center who really make them possible. So, we'd like to extend our appreciation to Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy at AEG who work so diligently to make the presales as effortless as possible and who strive to put a smile on forum members' faces. Our gratitude also extends to Robert Kory, who always thinks about the fans first and has made it a priority that forum members get the best seats possible. And finally, no presale would be possible were it not for the very special place forum members occupy in Leonard's heart. So, thank you, Leonard, Robert and all the folks at AEG for all you do for us.

Please join us in thanking these good people and we will forward your words on to all of them.

Jarkko and Marie
Marie
Speaking Cohen
icecreamtruck

Re: A Thread of Thanks

Post by icecreamtruck »

Hello friends!

I'm a student and the money just isn't there for top quality tickets. I am very grateful for the presale in Toronto because it allowed me the very best seats in a section that I could afford. I am so excited about the tour and to take my wife to see Leonard who has accompanied us throughout our relationship. Thanks again for your dedication on our behalf.
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Thank you Marie for this thread. I am so happy to be able to get 3rd row seats to see Leonard on this Old Ideas Tour. I love Leonard and his music and always want to be as near to him as possible. I thank everyone involved with the Forum in enabling us to have this advantage. I just cannot wait for December to see him in Boston.

Thank you also Leonard for loving your Forum fans. It is so obvious that you enjoy making us happy and we really appreciate it.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hydrogal

A Thread of Thanks

Post by Hydrogal »

I continue to be amazed by the special consideration given to the members of this forum. The respect that Mr Cohen has for his fans, admirers etc... is so evident and so unusual these days. I have acquired my tickets for 3 different venues with childlike glee!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
mutti

Post by mutti »

I want to thank Robert, Elliot, Marie & Jarkko and all of the people who helped the forum get seats in the fan club pre-sales
for Canada and the US! The sales went smoothly for me and I was able to get seats that I am more than happy with.
It is so unusual to have this much help and care and it is most appreciated.
I am so excited to welcome Leonard and the band back to perform in Canada and the US.
Thank you all again. You are awesome!
In gratitude
Cheers!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

After many years of reading of Leonard Cohen tours in the northern hemisphere from the other end of the planet, I thought I would never have the chance to see a Cohen concert again.
Then to my eternal delight he returned to Australia, not once, but twice, and via the LC Forum I was able to buy fabulous tickets for each concert.
A huge thank you to all concerned - Leonard & Robert; Marie & Jarrko; Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce & Stacy at AEG.
Every Leonard Cohen concert I have attended has been an amazing emotional experience - no other concerts come close to matching the sensation of being there.

I wish a long healthy and happy life to all of you.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

What a special, busy, exciting day this is! The final US presales for 2012, and the prestigious Glenn Gould award for Leonard in Toronto.

Many thanks to AEG...Rob Hallett, Elliott Lefko, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce, and Stacy, for orchestrating these presales and making them available to Leonard's fans and friends. Although I'm only going to one concert (Detroit) in 2012, I snagged an awesome seat! Throughout the day though I checked other venues as they opened and was amazed at the variety of seats available to us. From VIP seating, to more modest seats a little further back. There was a consideration for each and every fan. Thank you so much.

Thank you also, Robert. You are THE man behind Leonard, but you have always been there for us.

Jarkko, and Marie. What a day this has been for you! You are there for each and every one of us on a daily basis. So patient, so helpful. My thanks and hugs to both of you! May you have a somewhat peaceful evening!

Last, but certainly not least, Leonard. Thank you for calling us friends. Thank you for the words and the music. Thank you for touching our lives, forever.

Diana
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

I also would like to extend my deepest gratitude to Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce and Stacy at AEG, and Robert Kory as well. Beyond Jarkko and Marie, it is wonderful to know the names of those who make this all possible.

To Leonard, Neil, Roscoe, Sharon, Charley, Hattie, Rafael, Dino, Javier, Alex, Bob and Mitch and the entire UHTC - words aren't enough to express the joy you bring to us. We appreciate each and every one of you.

Many of us are connected here through a voice, words, wisdom and spirit that have nestled into a special place in our hearts. It is a gift to see our admiration reflected back to us through this level of consideration, and efforts on our behalf.

I'll hear Leonard speak his words of wisdom from the front row in both Seattle and Portland - a special gift indeed.

With gratitude,
Kelsey
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Marie, for corraling these multiple thank you's so they can all be passed on to their rightful places.

Not that anyone 'up there' will be surprized, but Marie has been doing an exceptional job with troubleshooting for new ~ and 'old' ~ people trying to wend their way through this pre-sale process... explaining, providing links, directing them accordingly, even some helpful hints [such as she gave me last night for getting my credit card, etc. information into the ticket sellers's systems, well ahead of time, by providing the link to the site for doing so... and what to look for once there ~ a very late-night helpful hint, including step-by-step instructions ~ it was a major time saver for this morning's time of high stress, when things can go so easily wrong].

So, these were my two thanks posted earlier in other threads:
Thank you, again... AEG, Robert Kory, Jarkko, Marie... and, always, Leonard!

Still not sure what to do with all this adrenaline, but at least I'm sorted for HAVING tickets! Would have preferred sitting with my friend in the pit in Detroit, but at least she's front row and I'm second row. Should have made that mega decision from the get-go. Oh, well... now two tickets [further back] available for Detroit!
It's really been great to see all the detail you've been giving to help people who are flummoxed by this process, Marie 8)
However, now that Marie has given us actual names for some working behind the scenes...

My heartfelt thank you, still again, to all of you... to AEG [Rob, Elliot, Svetlana, Nadine, Joyce, and Stacy], Robert Kory, Jarkko, Marie... and, always, Leonard! The coordination required for all this to come together at or near the appointed times is daunting. Without the goodwill that this should happen in the first place, and without ALL of your goodwill and hard work, we would be lost in the sea of various ticket sellers, competing with the world for our seats, as it's historically been for years. Especially those of you, with the names we're most used to seeing and using, who have been there for us through thick and thin; and, despite the various complaints and discontent born out of disappointment; you have kept coming back to help us in whatever ways you have been able... even when an objective observer might have said we don't deserve it. We are inexpressibly blessed to have all of you in our corner. You work for and on behalf of a first-class man and you model him, as well.

Will be seeing you from wonderful seats in Verona, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisboa, Austin, and Detroit [wishing for Barclays in Brooklyn, but that probably won't happen]... without Leonard's and your deep caring and commitment, all of these would never have been possible.

For this time, past times, and any time in the future, thank you for being there for us... often times beyond belief, and always beyond measure.
We are blessed and grateful.

May Leonard's World Tour bring you many rewards and rich memories... as you know it will for us.

In deepest gratitude,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Yes.... thank you everyone. I've been amazed by the dedication and patience of everyone involved here - you've answered the same questions over and over without complaint. A testament indeed to everyone involved with Leonard and the tour.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

I am so grateful to all of you on this forum that words fail. All I can say is thank you for making it possible for this 67-year-old fan, who has never before attended a LC concert, to have third row seats at his upcoming Austin performance. You have made my bucket-list one item shorter.

GC
Violet

Post by Violet »

Thank you Jarkko, and everyone involved.. I am ecstatic. (!)

v i o l e t xx x
Violet
B4real

Post by B4real »

MarieM wrote:Please join us in thanking these good people and we will forward your words on to all of them.
Even though I have only taken advantage of the pre-sale opportunity once I wish to add my deepest gratitude as well.
I was able to obtain center front rows seats in Brisbane in 2010. The result was the best night that could possibly be. :D
When/if Leonard comes back to Australia I will be doing it again and hopefully with the same result.

Thank you, each and everyone for this privilege.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Jenny Hume

Post by Jenny Hume »

Listening to LC as I write this....... I'd also like to thank those people involved in organising the pre sales of tickets as it is a wonderful opportunity given us

I was able to purchase what I think will be excellent seats in New York.

It is such a wonderful excuse to travel from Australia to NY just to see an LC concert !

There might even be another chance in Melbourne after this as well.

Now all we have to do is arrange airfares and accommodation. Does anyone have advice about available apartments in NY for two weeks in December?

Thanks you everybody. :D
OldIdeasAreTheBest

Post by OldIdeasAreTheBest »

Never before have I encountered an artist be, through such kind and able folks (Jarkko and Marie especially), so giving to his fans.

Of course, after having been given so much by L. Cohen and his deft troupe at the several transcendent shows I saw on the last tour, I am not surprised by the continued mindful attention to us connoisseurs; I do remain delighted and humbled by the kindness.

Leonard and band, I look forward to seeing you from the good seats in Madrid, and, a month later, in Los Angeles. Thank you in advance!
Last edited by OldIdeasAreTheBest on Tue May 15, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Diego, Coachella, San Jose 2009
Oakland 12/6/2010, Las Vegas 12/11/2010
Madrid and Los Angeles 2012
Oakland 2013

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”