Question about Austin

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
doppelganger

Question about Austin

Post by doppelganger »

Hi, I'm going to try and get tickets for Austin and I saw somewhere that the venue, Bass Concert Hall, only lets you pick up your tickets one hour before the show. Any idea if this is correct? I'll be driving in from Lubbock and I was hoping I'd have a little more time to pick up the tickets before the concert.
I see the tickets are sold through Paciolan. Anybody know if they're reliable? I'd hate to get there and not have any tickets.
Does anyone have any advise for this venue? I haven't seen the prices yet but I'd like to get good seats in the $200 range. I'd appreciate any help on where that might be. This will be my first Leonard concert. I saw Bob Dylan a couple years ago and I stood up for hours in the area in front of the stage. Saw him smile once. Will that be allowed around the stage in Austin and if so is it a good idea?
Also, I'm new to the forum, anything I should know about the presale password or anything?
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.
MarieM

Re: Question about Austin

Post by MarieM »

doppelganger wrote:Hi, I'm going to try and get tickets for Austin and I saw somewhere that the venue, Bass Concert Hall, only lets you pick up your tickets one hour before the show. Any idea if this is correct? I'll be driving in from Lubbock and I was hoping I'd have a little more time to pick up the tickets before the concert.
I see the tickets are sold through Paciolan. Anybody know if they're reliable? I'd hate to get there and not have any tickets.
Does anyone have any advise for this venue? I haven't seen the prices yet but I'd like to get good seats in the $200 range. I'd appreciate any help on where that might be. This will be my first Leonard concert. I saw Bob Dylan a couple years ago and I stood up for hours in the area in front of the stage. Saw him smile once. Will that be allowed around the stage in Austin and if so is it a good idea?
Also, I'm new to the forum, anything I should know about the presale password or anything?
Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.
That a lot of questions. I can only answer some of them. Paciolan is the seller chosen by AEG. They are reliable.

Here is the info about obtaining tickets for Austin through the presale:

The presale password and link for Austin won't be posted until the presale begins.

Oct 31: AUSTIN, TX, Bass Concert Hall. Presale C. Public sale May 18 at 10 am. Seller Paciolan

PRESALE GROUP C: From 10 am Monday, May 14 to 10 pm on Tuesday May 15 (exclusive time), will continue with other presales until 10 pm on Thursday May 17.
The presale for Austin begins 10 am Austin time.

About the presales:
- the presale is for registered members of this forum only
- we will show the presale link and password when the presale opens, not before. There is a separate section for this information: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=32092
- make sure you are online and logged-in when the presale is beginning
- you will have to follow the link to the official ticket seller, enter the password, and buy the tickets using your credit card.
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=31991

It is possible that tickets can only be picked up an hour before the concert begins. That is a decision by the venue, so if this is a concern for you, you should contact the venue to verify. Here is the info about "Will Call" tickets:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32001#p305264
VIP Package info:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32018#p305548

During the past tour, standing around the stage at US venues was not allowed. Sometimes at the very end of the concert, folks moved forward but there generally is security to prevent this.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

doppelganger wrote: This will be my first Leonard concert. I saw Bob Dylan a couple years ago and I stood up for hours in the area in front of the stage. Saw him smile once.
Adding a comment on one point Marie did not respond to:

Dylan tries very hard not to smile during his performances. It is a bit of a game and it is great fun trying to spot if he cracks his face e.g. turning to a band member during a concert. Leonard on the other hand cannot help himself. He smiles often and his delight in his audience is plain for all to see. You will not miss it even if you're not directly in front of the stage.

Oh, and Leonard's show will probably be at least twice as long as Dylan's.

Enjoy!

Wendy
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

I am so excited about getting my Austin ticket I know I won't sleep tonight. My first LC concert!!!!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”