Portland, Not Ticketmaster?

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
danf

Portland, Not Ticketmaster?

Post by danf »

It appears that the Rose Garden is selling tickets via New Era Tickets, or somesuch.

Here is the page, with a link to the seating chart.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

(The Rose Garden Theater in the Clouds is a crappy venue, but then so was the place were the Sermon of the Mount went down. . . .)
danf

Re: Portland, Not Ticketmaster?

Post by danf »

MarieM

Post by MarieM »

danf wrote:It appears that the Rose Garden is selling tickets via New Era Tickets, or somesuch.

Here is the page, with a link to the seating chart.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

(The Rose Garden Theater in the Clouds is a crappy venue, but then so was the place were the Sermon of the Mount went down. . . .)
Here is the info for Portland:
Nov 11: PORTLAND, OR, Rose Garden. Presale C. Public sale May 18 at noon. Seller Comcasttix
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=31991

As you can see, the ticket seller is Comcasttix. We don't have the official link yet for the presales. Your link looks very official. Sometimes presale links will be different than the regular sale link. We will just have to see.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hi
I saw Leonard in the Rose Garden and as far as sports arena's go it seemed smaller and more cozier than others. It was a great venue
great enthusiastic crowd, lots of interaction too. I think they block some of the venue and make is smaller.
I have seen the concert in other sports arena's that were much larger and you know
you could hear a pin drop...so although the smaller venue's and old theaters are my venue of choice
don't worry too much about the Rose Garden..it will be a great concert.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
danf

Post by danf »

OK Marie M. . .for the record, that page is not the official presale, but it does have a place to type in a code.

I was going for the second level, and the prices are a pleasant surprise.

(I sat up top last time. . it was too far, even with the two huge screens on either side of the stage.)
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Question: is the floor (most expensive) standing only or is it seating? On the map, it looks like NO seating!
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

surfergirl wrote:Question: is the floor (most expensive) standing only or is it seating? On the map, it looks like NO seating!
I think it must be the wrong seating chart. They have definitely been selling reserved seats!

Wendy
sagemed7

Portland Pre sale

Post by sagemed7 »

Anybody out there manage to get a decent tickets on the floor ($250) today ? I have been at it for hours & they keep dumping me on the end seats of the rows. But it looks like the all the good center seats are for the VIP packages. Any comment would be appreciated.

Sage
Portland
surfergirl

Post by surfergirl »

Interesting. I kept getting first row on the floor, but didn't know which first row it was. I ended up taking the less expensive 100 section, 4th row in 102. Don't know the arena, but it looks ok. It looks like most of the arena is blocked off!
I was cautioned to surrender, this I could not do . . . .
dancemetotheend

Re: Portland Pre sale

Post by dancemetotheend »

sagemed7 wrote:Anybody out there manage to get a decent tickets on the floor ($250) today ? I have been at it for hours & they keep dumping me on the end seats of the rows. But it looks like the all the good center seats are for the VIP packages. Any comment would be appreciated.

Sage
Portland
Sage, when the presale began I tried a few times for good seats up front on the floor, but was also getting the ends of Row 1. So I decided to bail & bought front of Sec 101, 1 row up from the floor in the center. Was very happy with those, but being the junkie that I am, I decided to take one more look at the floor & voila! Row 1 on floor, seats 21-22! Can't say with certainty because I have yet to see an informative seating chart, but from what I can gather they are towards the center!

Now, I have 4 tickets for the 2 of us!

John....happy in Eugene
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

So how many seats across are there for first row?

First as jn the very frint
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

POZEST wrote:So how many seats across are there for first row?

First as jn the very frint
Check out all the 2010 Portland concert threads. There is a lot of info about the seats there.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Thanks arelene. Just saw this today.

I've been to this venue before, and last time I had fantastic seats. Practically front & center.

Mutti is right, they do close off half of this arena to make it more intimate. THey refer to it as "theater of the clouds" if i recall correctly.

BY going directly through the arena's ticket seller (and avoiding stickitmaster) I was again able to get front row seats for this show.
Sayslife

Post by Sayslife »

[*]Sage, when the presale began I tried a few times for good seats up front on the floor, but was also getting the ends of Row 1. So I decided to bail & bought front of Sec 101, 1 row up from the floor in the center. Was very happy with those, but being the junkie that I am, I decided to take one more look at the floor & voila! Row 1 on floor, seats 21-22! Can't say with certainty because I have yet to see an informative seating chart, but from what I can gather they are towards the center!

Now, I have 4 tickets for the 2 of us!

John....happy in Eugene

dancemetotheend

John, Do you still have 2 extra tickets? I'm in Eugene and would like to buy those from you, if you still have them. Sayslife.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Just a note to say that KaimiK and I have 2 adjacent front row seats for sale at cost. Further details available here in the tickets for sale thread:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32123&start=15

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”