PRESALE TO NEW YORK AND BROOKLYN

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
Rhythmdvl

Re: PRESALE TO NEW YORK AND BROOKLYN NOW

Post by Rhythmdvl »

Big fan but nowhere near as huge a fan as my mom. Thanks for the links, trying to get MSG tickets for her now--but TM page was coming up with the selection page, but that lead to a "sorry, we're down for maintenance" page, and now it's saying "tickets are not on sale yet."

Hope it's just a glitch... wish me luck!

(Thanks anyway if it doesn't work out)

Rhythm
joanie

Post by joanie »

Ticketmaster just informed me that they only presale tickets they have for the Leonard Cohen concert on December 20th (Brooklyn) - are for American Express card holders. I guess without that card you can't get a presale ticket? What a disappointment!
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

jessica02 wrote:Thanks so much for making this possible. I've been a fan forever, but this will be my first concert as I missed the NYC a few years ago. Great seats! Section C Row 9 MSG.
Email sent to AEG asking this question as our "fan club" presale is to continue until May 17. We might have exhausted our allotment of tickets but I have asked.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

joanie wrote:Ticketmaster just informed me that they only presale tickets they have for the Leonard Cohen concert on December 20th (Brooklyn) - are for American Express card holders. I guess without that card you can't get a presale ticket? What a disappointment!
AEG is having the Fan Club presale section restored. I'll let you know when it is up again.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
unifiedheart

Post by unifiedheart »

Thank you so much for this!
I, too, just bought Section F5, Row 8 for Brooklyn. I suppose others from this forum will be nearby!
jontas

Post by jontas »

Just got tickets for MSG and Brooklyn! Thought I might've missed the presale but looks like there are still tickets available. I got 2 diamond VIP for MSG and 4 seats in the 8th row for bk. VERY excited.
James2001

Post by James2001 »

Wow. Big thanks to all involved in organising this. Was looking for the password on Facebook at 9:55am today (17th) and then thought I'd check here again. I thought I'd missed the boat and was waiting for the public sale! Stupid me! Managed to get MSG NY 2 x section A, row 7. I went back 5 minutes later to see about additional seats but the presale password no longer worked. Not sure what happened but just happy that I was able to secure seats.

If they add Washington DC or Philadelphia shows I'll be fishing again.

London 1985 (Various Positions). London 1993 (I'm your Man). Montreal x2 2008. Now > New York 2012. I may be forgetting one.
tigerm

Re: PRESALE TO NEW YORK AND BROOKLYN

Post by tigerm »

Little concerned about the Brooklyn and MSG dates. Unbelievably you can still get 6th row floor and 11th row floor for both dates. That would give the impression they aren't selling well. That always worries me because it adds the possibility of 'logistical problems' forcing a show to get canceled.

I had some doubts about an arena tour from the beginning. Die hard fans are die hard fans and its great for us, I just have a doubt whether arena's were the best way to go for Leonard. The more casual fans might give this a miss given they haven't heard any new material and seeing Leonard was probably a tick off their bucket lists. I think they over estimate the number of people who will pay over $250 and the number of people who will pay $40 for nosebleed seats.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I am bracing myself for the possibility of my Brooklyn date getting canceled.
yentek

Post by yentek »

There was a nice ad for both concerts today in the NYT.
maryellen

Post by maryellen »

I don t practice english very much

my question is : I do you know if there are still places for NY city concert on December 18 th ? and if places are seats and what about the prices

I got to the site of sale but I have not well understood. Prices look very low (40 dollars) or high (almost 300 dollars)

if somebody can give me information even a small one

thank you from a french fan (I also want to discover New York City in the same time) it s a dream : Leonard Cohen at New York after that I can die (as far as possible !)
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Maryellen,

I suggest you go to "Old Ideas World Tour 2012/USA and Canada" section of this forum and then to the "Find, Sell, or Swap Tickets" section and post your request for tickets (and price range). Caveta, however, is that it is likely that tickets made available by forum members would be the more expensive ones.

I believe by Googling "Leonard Cohen New York" you will find many ticket organizations with tickets in all price ranges, you might try that approach as well.

I have occasion to be in New York City at least monthly and I always wonder why it is such an attraction to tourists, but if visiting is your dream, go for it! If your trip materializes, feel free to send me a pm and maybe I can be of assistance in planning what you want to see (other than Mr Cohen). Good luck.

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
maryellen

Post by maryellen »

Thank you for these suggestions and informations it is very kind

I hope to come to NY in december for Cohen and for the town (I was at the concert at Gand Belgium - great evening - and have a ticket for Paris.... don t smile please )

I ll tell when I come to have precious informations .... some people dream of Paris or a small island lost on the ocean.... Moi je suis banale : c est à New York que je rêve d aller depuis des années....

Many thanks !

Marie Helene
Knickerless

Post by Knickerless »

Hello friends,

I have just found out I am travelling from London to Brooklyn later this year and my last night in New York is indeed the night of the Brooklyn show.
I have searched online and managed to find tickets for $500+ which I simply cannot (and tbh will not) pay.

It looks like I missed the presale here which is a shame but I would love it if me and my girl can find a way to in. I lived in Brooklyn for a few years a while back and hold fond memories. The idea of listening to Leonard in a place which means so much to the both of us is certainly a warm one.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Nick

www.facebook.com/thedrunkenmidnightchoir
FanForLife

Post by FanForLife »

Hi Nick

Tickets for the concert at a variety of prices appear to be still available directly from Ticketmaster, using the link provided on the forum http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004 ... norcatid=1

When I checked just now the following were all available (I didn't check the other prices so these may also be available) :

2 @ USD 285 = 571
2 @ USD 150 = 300
2 @ USD 91 = 182

I am thinking about attending this concert also, but am a bit concerned about the risk of ending up stuck in a NY airport in late December.......
2008 - dublin (kilmainham - the best, ever)
2009 - dublin (The Point) and tampa and NY(MSG) and san jose
2010 - sligo (second best) and oakland and portland and las vegas
2011 - lenny and me were resting, so we were
2012 - dublin (kilmainham again) and austin
2013 - dublin (The Point, 2 times)
2014 & 2015-enjoying the memories and saving the pennies; just in case; just in case..............
SylviaB

Post by SylviaB »

I only bought today my (VIP) ticket for MSG - not sure yet, wether I really can make it, but it was very difficult to get the order placed. Not totally sure to get the ticket or any of the VIP-package as via the electronic system of the ticketmaster no other options as were for US- or Canadian residents. Had to "invent" an address. difficult. Do some other members have faced same difficulties? How to obtain the "goodies" of the VIP ticket,when not a US or Canadien resident? anybody has experiences?
thank you very much
Sylvia

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”