About ticket pricing

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
MarieM

Re: About ticket pricing

Post by MarieM »

We haven't been given any of the ticket prices beforehand. Jarkko was able to discover a few of the venues' pricing through research.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yeah, dang it... I'm trying to figure how much to have available.
I'm buying for just myself in Austin, but for another person, as well, in Detroit.
As luck would have it, going to be trying for everything at 10 AM :shock: .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I've gone to Paciolan to see about at least registering with them, but not finding where that's supposed to be done.
~ Oscar Wilde
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Register with texasperformingarts.org. Pretend like you are buying tickets for another event (one that is selling now) and you'll see the opportunity to register in the menu bar across the top. I think it says "sign in" and if you click on that, you can register, including registering your credit card.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

ah, good. thanks. just finished doing that with Ticketmaster. Was going to give it a trial run with Paciolan to see how quirky the process might be... no waiting rooms there, hopefully. off to do that now. thanks, again, marie.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay. Registered there, too, now.
Tried a trial run, but got nervous where you need to "type in what you see" that ferrets out Bots or whatever.
Since they had my info, got concerned that it might automatically go into Sold mode, even though realistically, it would just get added to my cart, since it's POSSIBLE to want MORE tickets, right ;-) ? Well, cancelled it... but now that it's been reasoned through, may go ahead and try it, anyway.
Not sure if going for Best Available is the way to go or not. Tend to think not, since that's clearly a matter of opinion and maybe even happenstance.
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Looks like with Austin you can't do anything but let them choose 'best available.'
Ah. I have great seats in Europe and I've seen him from great seats in the U.S. ... so, with whatever I get, I'll be seeing him again 8)
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

lizzytysh wrote:Looks like with Austin you can't do anything but let them choose 'best available.'
Ah. I have great seats in Europe and I've seen him from great seats in the U.S. ... so, with whatever I get, I'll be seeing him again 8)
I know, Lizzie. I've just been looking at the Bass Center website and am trying to work out whether to go for front orchestra or front balcony........ we have fantastic seats elsewhere this tour, so as you say, whatever we get will be fine. Sometimes it's nice to see it from a different perspective though...... which is why I was thinking about front balcony - we did that last time in Austin (at a different venue though) and it was a great view.

But on balance I'll probably go for "best available".

Good luck!
Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Austin and Chicago aren't up, yet, right??

I keep checking... and BEST to you, too, Joy :lol: !

I got the best for what I could afford this time around for Detroit!
The first row where the tickets drop down from $275 to $165. That's fine.
A friend of mine will be seeing him for the first time, but they're right on the aisle and in the middle to the right... just a tad closer to Dino is always best :) .
I would have PREFERRED she'd been able to see him closer, but all things considered!
Last edited by lizzytysh on Mon May 14, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Oscar Wilde
dick

Post by dick »

Don't know the venue in Austin, but can report that our front row balcony (or mezz?) seats in Nashville were among the favorite views we had anywhere.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, I sure wish you'd seen him in Austin like that, too, Dick. Criminy... decisions!!!

Well, I gave in... I got her a front row seat. She fell in love with Leonard's lyrics and music, and she's not tall. I don't want her to be having to struggle over anyone's head to see him, and I want her to have the full pleasure of experiencing him. It's not like we'd be talking through the concert, anyway... though, those shared looks of deep appreciation are incomparable, I'd rather she experience this in all its fullness.

So, now, I already have an extra ticket :lol: . Well, there's someone in Flint who may be interested.
Last edited by lizzytysh on Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

dick wrote:Don't know the venue in Austin, but can report that our front row balcony (or mezz?) seats in Nashville were among the favorite views we had anywhere.
Oh now you're really confusing me, Dick! Are you planning to go to Austin? I remember meeting you in Nashville..... one of my very favorite concerts.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Are you going to be trying for balcony/mezzanine in austin, dick? or are you just stopping in to be helpful?

How was it for seeing their faces?
For me, that's an important issue.
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

lizzytysh wrote:Are you going to be trying for balcony/mezzanine in austin, dick? or are you just stopping in to be helpful?

How was it for seeing their faces?
For me, that's an important issue.
For me, all I can say is that it was a different experience. I honestly don't remember how it was for seeing their faces, but it was lovely to get that "overall" view of everyone together.

Only a few minutes to make our minds up!
GraceC

Post by GraceC »

joyezekiel wrote:
lizzytysh wrote:Looks like with Austin you can't do anything but let them choose 'best available.'
I know, Lizzie. I've just been looking at the Bass Center website and am trying to work out whether to go for front orchestra or front balcony........ we have fantastic seats elsewhere this tour, so as you say, whatever we get will be fine. Sometimes it's nice to see it from a different perspective though...... which is why I was thinking about front balcony - we did that last time in Austin (at a different venue though) and it was a great view.

But on balance I'll probably go for "best available".

Good luck!
Joy
Got third row center in Austin for Oct 31 Hope I can see over first two rows....

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”