So, who is thinking about going to Montreal?

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
Phaedrus

Re: So, who is thinking about going to Montreal?

Post by Phaedrus »

Got my tickets, so I feel like I'm already more than halfway there! Now I just have to suffer through the long wait. Listening to the old (and new!) songs every day helps ease the pain...
Anyway - got my tickets - life is good!
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

I was in Ephesus, Turkey during the presale but my son rose to to the occasion and got me four tickets, so I'll be there!
gardencat

Post by gardencat »

Yes, I'll be coming to Montreal with some friends. Hurrah!
B4real

Post by B4real »

Just thought I'd say that all things taken into account (mainly my fear of flying and travelling alone) I lost my nerve and am not coming to Montreal. I will again wait patiently for LC to come down under. I think Australians must be the most patient people - next to those in Finland, of course!

Diana, It would be wonderful it you could make it to Australia, especially Brisbane!

It would have been so great to finally meet all of you but not this time it seems. I know everyone will have the best time at this historic concert. I will be with each and every one of you in spirit.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

It would have been great to meet you in Montreal Bev but it would have been a long way to travel alone and especially with a fear of flying. If I manage to take any decent photos remind me after the concerts and I will send some to you.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Gwen,
I will look forward to that! You are a sweetheart :D
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

B4real wrote:Just thought I'd say that all things taken into account (mainly my fear of flying and travelling alone) I lost my nerve and am not coming to Montreal. I will again wait patiently for LC to come down under. I think Australians must be the most patient people - next to those in Finland, of course!
B4real: From all the hints given by reliable sources on this forum, it seems almost certain that your patience will be rewarded soon after the Montreal concert. Anyhow, truth is that it is not really the best time of year to travel all the way from Australia to Montreal. It is such a long way to come for a concert that I am sure you would also want to take some time to be a tourist. But at the end of November, the days are short and it is usually quite cold, yet still too early in the season for the glories of winter to have taken hold. I hope such thoughts help to ease any wistful feelings you may be having...
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

LisaLCFan wrote:
Mollydog wrote:Row D for me too. I can't wait!! :D

Mary
Awesome! It will be great to see you again (is our friend from SF going to be there, too?).
Yes she is! I'll see you there Lisa!
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Awwright, my SF friend!!! We can toast manhattans once again!
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

B4real wrote:Thanks Gwen,
I will look forward to that! You are a sweetheart :D
You are very welcome :D
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
B4real

Post by B4real »

Yes, thank you Ronaldson,
For the reassurance and weather bulletin re Montreal. The latter was also a factor in my decision. Coming from the tropics in Queensland I was thinking I would have to borrow some true winter clothes - having no permanent need for them here :razz:

But I will still be wistful because I believe that this could be the last time Leonard plays a major concert in his home town (they will probably add another date as well) and I have not been there to see it :( ......but the glass is always half full not half empty...... happy days are ahead for all of us soon.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Hi Bev,

Sorry to hear that we will not be meeting in Montreal, but your reasons are quite understandable! Please be assured that we will definitely provide you with detailed reports of the events.

Re: Ronaldson's "glories of winter"...I do not know what those might be (and trust me, I know "winter" better than most!). If all goes well, hopefully you'll be enjoying a Leonard Cohen concert in your own tropical paradise in early 2013!

Cheers,
Lisa
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Ronaldson wrote:But at the end of November, the days are short and it is usually quite cold, yet still too early in the season for the glories of winter to have taken hold...
It's funny. When this thread started, my initial reaction was "you have to be joking". Montreal in November? Been there, done that. Don't particularly want to do it again. To many memories of dull, cold, wet and/or snowy days. Not to mention airport delays as all the planes queue up at the de-icing station. There are MUCH better times of year to visit the city. But there has been quite a buzz about this concert so in the end I was tempted.

See you all there ....

Wendy
B4real

Post by B4real »

Thanks Lisa,

It's wonderful that everyone is so thoughtful :D
I look forward to your reports and of course LC coming down under.
Mabeanie1 wrote:Not to mention airport delays as all the planes queue up at the de-icing station.Wendy
You know that really freaks me out! I'll just have to get over it. Didn't Dr H have a cure or something about fear of flying :razz:

....but have a great time Wendy!
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

LisaLCFan wrote: Re: Ronaldson's "glories of winter"...I do not know what those might be (and trust me, I know "winter" better than most!). If all goes well, hopefully you'll be enjoying a Leonard Cohen concert in your own tropical paradise in early 2013!

Cheers,
Lisa
I know, I know...it is a love-it-or-hate-it season. And I have actually been to Edmonton in the depths of winter. ;-) Sometimes in February I do think it would be better to be down south, but, speaking quite sincerely, winter is possibly my favourite time of year (though probably early autumn is truly the best). I was sad that our winter was unusually short this year. I love the aesthetics of snow and ice (admittedly, we don't have to commute), and I spend a lot of time in the woods cross-country skiing. And my kids have a lot of fun outdoors building snow forts, etc.

There are many obvious glories to summer, but on the negative side, there is often a lot of bugs, and too much pollen for those of us suffering through hayfever! To each their own, right?

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”