Our Pre-Sale Ticket Allocation

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
MarieM

Our Pre-Sale Ticket Allocation

Post by MarieM »

WHAT WILL BE OUR PRE-SALE TICKET ALLOCATION? The Forum pre-sale will include tickets from all price categories. There are only a few hundred of the best tickets located in the first few rows of a venue. Our pre-sale will have the best inventory of these tickets. But there will be some tickets allocated to the VIP packages. Also, there will be other pre-sales which will occur on the days following our pre-sale. While we will have the first choice of the best tickets, a very small number of the best tickets must be held back for the other pre-sales and the regular sale. Our pre-sale will offer the majority of the tickets in the first few rows and the best tickets in the rows beyond the front rows. Your greatest chance to get the best tickets will be in the Forum pre-sale.

The Forum pre-sale will remain open until the regular sale begins or until our allocation sells out. Whatever tickets from our allocation that aren't sold will be made available in the public sale.

Often times people complain that they are not offered the best seats when they sign on to Ticketmaster. Then 15 minutes later a great seat will come up. Here is an explanation of why this is happening:
Ticketmaster has a queue that allows people five minutes to hold their locations before deciding to purchase. Sometimes when the pre-sale starts, there is an initial rush as everyone selects all available tickets in the first few rows. Since there are only a couple hundred available, it is likely that they will all go into the queue. So if you sign on a few minutes late, it will appear that all best seats are unavailable. If each person makes the decision to buy the first seats they selected, the seats in the first few rows will sell out very fast. If people decide to keep shopping, they will release the seats back into the system. That is why some of those seats in the first few rows seem to come available 10-15 minutes after the on sale started.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
holydove

Re: Our Pre-Sale Ticket Allocation

Post by holydove »

Marie ,thank you for conveying the information, & thank you for your dedicated efforts - much appreciated.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

holydove wrote:Marie ,thank you for conveying the information, & thank you for your dedicated efforts - much appreciated.
I second that, Rachel.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thank you Marie. Hopefully, this explanation will prevent posts from members who are dissatisfied with seat allocations in these presales. And, if such posts come up, these members can be referred to your original post. This was great that you and the moderators had the foresight and took the time to do this!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mutti

Post by mutti »

I agree with Mary and Rachel.
Thank you Marie and Jarkko!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Absolutely!

A plan with forethought and well-explained; much easier when a person at least knows what's going on.

Thanks, Marie and Jarkko.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

Great news... I'm looking forward to the Ottawa date at Scotiabank Place!

Any word on what will be included in the VIP Packages and if they will go on sale at the same time as the Forum Presales? A Meet & Greet with the Man himself perhaps???

All the best.

Jonathon
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judith511

Post by Judith511 »

Awesome! So glad he is going to come to Toronto again, and just before my birthday. :D :D
Waterloo January 30 1975 , Hamilton June 3 2008, Toronto June 9 2008,
Cleveland October 25 2009 ,Toronto December 4th 2012
Jenny Hume

Post by Jenny Hume »

Hello,

Not sure about this technology, but will have a go.
Can you confirm if I will have access to the Pre Sale tickets from Australia please. I'm keen to attend a concert anywhere in US, but preference will be New York. Can I be involved in the pre sale of tickets and collect them when I visit the country for the concert. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Jenny - the presales are for all our members, from any country and continent.
All tickets have to be picked up on the day of the concert at the box office of the venue.
I'd also like to add that you guys down there may get good news a bit later.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Jarkko's playing with our nerves... again...
We all know something good will come out of it :D
lucky you down there
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Jenny Hume

Post by Jenny Hume »

Thanks for helping me understand the pre sale bit.

Love what you are not saying Jarkko !!!

Regardless of whether LC comes to Australia I would still love to be able to see him overseas; just sounds good saying I'm going to a concert in New York!

A Melbourne concert after this would be just as wonderful and I would be happy to go again. : :D
jsc

Post by jsc »

Do you have information on the VIP packages?
william258

Post by william258 »

I'm quite new to this. Can you please help me on how to access the presale. My show is Group A.
Thanks so much!

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”