All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
MarieM

All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Post by MarieM »

ALL TICKETS PURCHASED DURING THE US/CANADA PRE-SALES ARE "WILL CALL" ONLY EXCEPT FOR VIP PACKAGE TICKETS.** "Will Call" means you can only pick up your tickets at the "Will Call" window of the venue, usually an hour or two before the show. The "Will Call" window is usually near the box office window or is the same as the box office window. Call the venue to find out exactly where it is if you are concerned. No tickets will be mailed to you. You cannot print out your tickets at home. Most of the pre-sales will be conducted through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster says you need to bring the following to claim your "Will Call" tickets:

Your photo ID
Your Ticketmaster order number
The credit card you used to buy the tickets

Pre-sales conducted through other ticket sellers will also be "Will Call." To be safe, you should also bring your photo ID, the printed receipt from your on-line ticket purchase and the credit card you used to make the purchase when you pick up your tickets.

Using this "Will Call" system dramatically hinders the ability of scalpers/touts to grab tickets for resale. It worked well during Leonard's previous North American tours.

The question is often asked whether you can have someone else pick up and use your tickets. Ticketmaster advises the following:
It depends on the venue. Many venues let you designate an alternate name for will call pickup and may require that person to present a photo ID, the Ticketmaster order number, and a photocopy of the front and back of the credit card you used to buy the tickets. Be safe: Block out everything but the last four digits of your account number!

To request alternate pickup for tickets you've already bought, please contact us by clicking the Ask a Question tab above. Someone from our Fan Support team will arrange it - if it's OK with the venue - and tell you what that person needs to bring to the will callwindow.

(https://ticketmasterus.custhelp.com/app ... ILL%20CALL)
** UPDATE: We have learned that the VIP package tickets can be printed or can be mailed to your home. AEG says that the packages are set up differently from the regular tickets and can not be limited to "will call" for the presale the way regular tickets can be.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
coolfadda

Re: All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call"

Post by coolfadda »

Brilliant.... now hope they will accept visa registered in Ireland. The one for Boston isnt ticketmaster... but, great news.. so so happy.. still have to get 2 tickets but happy :D
frankandme

Post by frankandme »

Many thanks for this extra info too Marie ;-)
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

MarieM wrote:Using this "Will Call" system dramatically hinders the ability of scalpers/touts to grab tickets for resale. It worked well during Leonard's previous North American tours.
Fantastic! So nice to see that the scalper problem has been taken into consideration! This may not take care of all the scalpers, but it should definitely put a dent in their ability to resell tickets.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thanks Marie for explaining the process to us.
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Clearly, great effort is being put into preventing scalpers from getting tickets and then gouging whoever they can.

Thanks, Marie, Jarkko, and Ticketmaster [can't believe I said that last one ;-) ]... but credit where credit is due.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

lololol... you have just SO nailed it there, scott. EXACTLY the same for me!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Good information.
Hydrogal

All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call"

Post by Hydrogal »

Well that was an exciting morning! Thank you Jarkko and Marie for all the hard work and helpful information. Now to figure out which venue-- I'm thinking Detroit. Hmmm

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

I agree its a great idea to beat the scalpers and touts but no so good if you find that you can't go. I'm still nursing both the disappointment and financial loss of booking tickets for the Madison Square Garden concert on 23 October 2009 and being unable to attend. It seemed unfair that I couldn't even give them away.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Christopher B wrote:I agree its a great idea to beat the scalpers and touts but no so good if you find that you can't go. I'm still nursing both the disappointment and financial loss of booking tickets for the Madison Square Garden concert on 23 October 2009 and being unable to attend. It seemed unfair that I couldn't even give them away.
I remember when I was booking for Las Vegas in 2010 there was an option to insure the tickets incase we couldn't make it. It was cheap enough and gave peace of mind incase something would have kept me away. Thankfully I was able to attend. As the concerts I'm hoping to go to are the end of November, beginning of December I will take the option to insure again. Better safe than sorry if we had a repeat of the big freeze!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
victhpooh

Post by victhpooh »

I think this is a great idea! Other bands do this as well, to eliminate scalpers. Or cut down.
there is a crack in everything........that's how the light gets in............
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Travel insurance is a must me-thinks.... small extra price to pay just in case ...

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”