All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
holydove

Re: All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call"

Post by holydove »

MarieM wrote:
holydove wrote:I bought a VIP package - is that the reason I was able to print the tickets?
Thanks. I'll let AEG know.
I guess that means I wasn't supposed to be able to print them out? Then I'm glad I mentioned it. I suppose I will still be able to use the e-tickets, though. . .?
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I'm almost certain I saw a option to print mine and I got regular tickets. I clicked Will Call as that is what the Forum stated and is what I prefer.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
holydove

Post by holydove »

musicmania wrote:I'm almost certain I saw a option to print mine and I got regular tickets. I clicked Will Call as that is what the Forum stated and is what I prefer.
Musicmania, my understanding of what the forum was stating is that "will call" would be the ONLY option (so that scalpers/touts would not be able to buy up lots of tickets), not that we should choose that option from among various possible options. That's why it's important for Marie, etc. to know that the website presented such an option. I chose the e-ticket option because, at that moment, I forgot that we weren't supposed to have that option. A little later, I remembered that the option was not supposed to be available, & that is why I posted the info about it on the forum.
MarieM

Re: All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Post by MarieM »

The information at the beginning of this thread as well as the heading have been updated. VIP tickets can be mailed or printed. AEG advises that the packages are set up differently from the regular tickets and can not be limited to "will call" for the presale the way regular tickets can be.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
holydove

Post by holydove »

Marie, thank you very much for bringing us the information - very helpful.
dennisdster

Post by dennisdster »

Although "Will Call" makes it more difficult for scalpers, it is still relatively easy to scalp tickets; simply require your buyers to meet you at the venue and distribute the tickets after you pick them up at Will Call. The "Will Call" option eliminates StubHub as an outlet, as they require physical or electronic tickets, but eBay has no such restrictions. I recently attended a Radiohead show in Santa Barbara, and all of the seats in the venue were "paperless" , requiring a credit card being swiped at entry. The amount of scalping going on was absolutely amazing.
dennisdster

Post by dennisdster »

Does "Will Call" only also apply to the AMEX presales?
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

dennisdster wrote:Does "Will Call" only also apply to the AMEX presales?
Sorry, I don't know but I would suspect it does not. "Will call" was added to our presale during the first tour to protect our presale from scalpers. I don't think it is standard policy for presales.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
rmura

Post by rmura »

MarieM wrote:
dennisdster wrote:Does "Will Call" only also apply to the AMEX presales?
Sorry, I don't know but I would suspect it does not. "Will call" was added to our presale during the first tour to protect our presale from scalpers. I don't think it is standard policy for presales.
Not certain about this year, but in 2009 I ordered tickets through the Amex presale and the will-call requirement didn't apply. They mailed the tickets to me.

Ron
Geyser

Post by Geyser »

:D
BarbM

Post by BarbM »

I'll be going to my first Leonard Cohen concert here in Chicago at the Akoo Theatre this November. Since I'm going alone, I'm a bit worried about how soon I should get there to get my 'will call' ticket. I"m laughing because I don't want to be there for breakfast lol. I'm just not experienced with all this ... any suggestions? I don't know whether to expect a mile long line or what. What do the rest of you do? Being a not so young woman plus going alone, I don't want to stand for an hour in a line. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks a bunch.
Last edited by BarbM on Sun May 20, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

The only place I recall lining up was in Detroit, and the woman who was there was already in line when I found her. The small space was very crowded, though. When I see that they're available an hour beforehand, that seems very close to performance for a whole lot of tickets and name/ID/credit card checking and then finding the tickets to hand them over. Late for a very important date :shock: ! Each venue should tell you how soon you can pick them up, so I'd check with Akoo, if you haven't found or can't find it in print somewhere. I wouldn't chance it in any case and would personally go [I don't know because I've wondered about this myself] at least 2 hours early, as you're probably still going to want to look at the merchandise table. Take a book and I know I'll be preparing to sit on the ground. I really can't understand a venue saying [as I read at least one of them say] that tickets will be available one hour before the performance. Or maybe ~ this just occurred to me ~ maybe I'm wrong and it said one hour before the doors open... ahhhh, I feel a little better now... at least that buys some time. Call the Akoo :roll: :lol: .
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

BarbM wrote:I'll be going to my first Leonard Cohen concert here in Chicago at the Akoo Theatre this November. Since I'm going alone, I'm a bit worried about how soon I should get there to get my 'will call' ticket. I"m laughing because I don't want to be there for breakfast lol. I'm just not experienced with all this ... any suggestions? I don't know whether to expect a mile long line or what. What do the rest of you do? Being a not so young woman plus going alone, I don't want to stand for an hour in a line. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks a bunch.
Barb, I always found this aspect went quickly and smoothly. Each venue is different.

Sometimes, I would drop by during the day just to familiarize myself with the location. If the box office was open and the tickets were available, they gave me my ticket. Sometimes I arrived exactly one hour before concert and the "will call" window was just fine, never many people. In fact, one hour ahead of time, you may run into other forum people picking up tickets. I met a few people that way just chatting at the will call. So, not to worry. The big crunch seems to happen much closer to curtain time.

I endorse Lyzzytysh's suggestion about checking out the merch stand. Much smaller crowd one hour before curtain. :D

Enjoy your first concert. You are in for an extraordinary experience. I would love to read your concert report as a first timer.

---Arlene (also a woman of a "certain age")
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Enjoy your first concert. You are in for an extraordinary experience. I would love to read your concert report as a first timer.
Me, too! On all of it!

"Woman of an uncertain age" here... I've never quite figured it out ;-)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
BarbM

Post by BarbM »

Oh, thank you so much for your suggestions Arlene and LizzyTysh. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago so I'm only about 45 minutes away from the venue and I think I'll take the suggestion to drive there to familiarize myself with the theatre/streets/traffic patterns so I'm not so apprehensive the day of the performance. I'd love to have someone to go with but absolutely no one I know ever heard of Leonard Cohen except when I mention 'Halleluiah'. Can you believe that? I'd not miss this for anything and so I'm just taking off on my own. I'm so surprised to see how many people are attending multiple events this tour. My budget won't let me take off to Europe or I'd have loved to go to Copenhagen and Spain. I'd have also loved to go to Canada. I've been able to set some of his music into mountain dulcimer tab for soft finger picking and I can't wait to see and hear him in person. Being in that 'age undetermined' LOL category, even having to go alone isn't stopping me. I'll bring my kindle to while away the time after I've spent far too much at the merchandise table. I'd love to find a reasonably priced necklace or bracelet with the intertwined hearts but it seems everything is tee shirts or CDs ... I've already got copies of all his poetry but we'll see. Again, thanks so much ... you give me confidence and I know I will be completely blown away with a wonderful evening with a gentleman I respect so highly. Barb
Last edited by BarbM on Mon May 21, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”