Leonard and Anjani, please come to Victoria or Vancouver

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
Natalie

Leonard and Anjani, please come to Victoria or Vancouver

Postby Natalie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:35 am

Hi everyone,

Since I know Leonard reads the posts, this is a message for him and Anjani.

Please come to Victoria or Vancouver so my husband Dan and I can see you both perform in person. That would be so incredible. The West Coast is so inexplicably beautiful, and there are so many fans here! Vancouver Island is a jewel and you both will not be disappointed.

Please please come and entertain us here.

Cheers,

Natalie
alexandramae

Re: Leonard and Anjani, please come to Victoria or Vancouver

Postby alexandramae » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:39 am

I couldn't agree more, anywhere on the west coast is beautiful and would appreciate leonard's presense. I couldn't think of a more amazing experience than to see him live. I've read and listened to all he's ever written or sang and would be the first in line for a concert.

Alexandra
...(leaving...lost)
martensg

Re: Leonard and Anjani, please come to Victoria or Vancouver

Postby martensg » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:50 am

Yes, I'm hoping he'll travel to the Coast too. Perhaps he'll travel this way in the Fall of 2008 or early 2009. I hope so! If he travels as far as Edmonton, that's close enough for me. In fact, Toronto is close enough for me, as I was wild-minded enough to buy tickets anyway, not understanding how I could afford the cross-national trip.

If you're from Victoria, do you know where the Cornerstone Cafe is in Fernwood (corner of Fernwood and Gladstone)? They have an open-mic music night combined with a featured act, every Saturday. Well, April is tribute month. Bob Dylan is the first Saturday of the month and Leonard Cohen is the second Saturday. The man who runs the event asked me to read 10-15 minutes of his poetry. Otherwise, musicians will likely do covers, I imagine. A small affair, but maybe our local clutch of Cohen fans can meet in this small way.

Cheers!

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”