Tuesday 24th in NYC - will you be there?

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
kaz

Post by kaz »

Lizzy wrote :

My mind is still
in New York,
though I'm certain
it will soon be
joining my body.

I`m not so certain if it happens as soon as you think.I know from
experience that it takes longer than that.
BTW, do you feel bad about going through this process ? :wink:

kaz,
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Kaz ~

This process of getting my head and body reconnected you mean? Well... it would be nice if it were a bit more efficient, but I love still lingering out there in the mind zone. The memories happen to be precious, so it's not at all a bad place to be.

I think I like my wording on that verse better the first way I had it, with the last two lines being:

it will be joining
my body soon.

Well, I'm guessing you're still out there, right :D ?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Hi Liz,

Sorry I'm only posting this now but I've been up to my eyes since I arrived back from NY. I just wanted to say a very big thank you for your excellent company on the 24th In Joe's. Well done for recognising me at the door. It was great to meet you, Evelyn and Deirdre. Sorry I missed Dick but maybe we'll meet next time. Thanks also for the invite to join you and Evelyn at your table which was right beside the stage. Leonard and Anjani up close and personal!!

I had a ticket for the 9.30pm show but managed to stay for the second show also. Both shows were better than I thought they'd be. I half expected Leonard would not turn up at all, but to then see him actually sing onstage was incredible (and to be so close made It even better). You're a star Liz. Thanks again, It really made my night.

Eric.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Eric ~

Up to your eyes... I understand.

It's great to see you here :D 8) :D !!! Meeting you and spending some bar/counter/table time with you was fun :lol: !! Thank you, again, for the Guinness... it's close to a dance :wink: . You were great 8) . You had a good trip home, I trust.

For sure... my pleasure on the table. As you'll recall, it was a group effort. All for one, and one for all. Your coming all the way from Ireland to see them from the bar just didn't compute. The counter at least helped that. Then... why not the table? You came so far for beauty. Evelyn was the rock anchoring it; but, as you know, after a bit of musical booths, chairs, and stools, we had to help weigh it down, lest it float away. Good, better, best. Did you ever get our other fellow's name?

It felt great to recognize you at the door... it was a goal of mine that night :) . Really... not kidding. Before leaving here, I checked your photo and memoreyesd it. I recognized you and Damellon recognized me... unless she had some help. Not sure on that and forgot to ask.

Yes... their shows were phenomenal... in a touching, moving, and grand, higher vibration way.

I'm so glad I was able to help enhance your enjoyment of it all :D .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
damellon

Post by damellon »

Hi Lizzytish
How did I recognise you? I didn't. Evelyn had said your hair was dark but that description might have fitted any number of women there that night. You looked purposeful and energetic and approachable, fitting into my internet impression of you. Weird but interesting how you were the only one I thought might be Lizzy.
damellon
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:shock: :D 8) Hi Damellon 8) :D :shock: ~

That shocks and makes me feel good in equal measure :D . Thank you so much for your great words. What seemed like all of a sudden, there you were, standing in front of me, speaking my name. I can assure you that if you weren't already there with your husband and daughter, you'd have been our fourth at our stageside table. Where did you sit for the second show??

Thank you for approaching me. I'm so glad we met... and, you're right, that was weird but interesting. Thank you for the compliments. You've made my night :) . I wish I could have made yours with meeting Leonard :( . Your sadness is shared.

Love,
Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”